or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › *** The official and awesome DIY thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*** The official and awesome DIY thread *** - Page 17

post #241 of 1067
what's not cute about that outfit? I received compliments on the jacket from the sales associates at Jack Spade and Barneys. I told them I made it myself.

I know I can loose some weight, but I'm not "not cute" (no homo) smack.gif
post #242 of 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by theom- View Post




OKAY first of all LOL.

Second, in YOUR opinion, the result is mediocre, the original idea is not attractive etc. etc.
I don't give two fucks if you don't get why i did this.

The sneakers were already very beat up and I wanted to try something different.

What really pisses me off is how you say you are just voicing an opinion but at the same time you are trying to dissuade people from doing it by forcing your opinion onto them.

If they like how it looks then they'll do it, if not, they won't.

Seriously, I paid like $15 for the sneakers, idgaf.




500
[/quote]

First of all, I didn't know that the shoes were not Margiela and I thought that they were kinda new for them to get experimented at.

That's great that you like to try something new, I like doing that too, but to the expense that it will not be costly. And in my honest opinion, those shoes are not cute. You might just get the liking of painted sneakers because they are designed by Margiela.

What I noticed in this thread is if an item is by certain brands like Margiela, Rick Owens, etc or if the clothes are tight fitting then they are praised in high heavens. And who wears a leather motorcycle jacket during the summer? Only if you are Usher and you are performing at a concert.

Just because you guys are all friends and know each other here doesn't make it right to give compliments on each other because you think the outfit is the norm. Sometimes you just have to see things in a different perspective and you will realize "what was I thinking"
post #243 of 1067
who cares.
post #244 of 1067
ya but i don't wanna be cute
post #245 of 1067
Nice theom. I painted an old old pair of chucks with white paint. Wore it out one day and everyone asked why my white sneakers were so dirty confused.gif Also i'm laughing hard at this colabear shit in WAYWT and this thread.
post #246 of 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by colabear View Post


First of all, I didn't know that the shoes were not Margiela and I thought that they were kinda new for them to get experimented at.

That's great that you like to try something new, I like doing that too, but to the expense that it will not be costly. And in my honest opinion, those shoes are not cute. You might just get the liking of painted sneakers because they are designed by Margiela.

What I noticed in this thread is if an item is by certain brands like Margiela, Rick Owens, etc or if the clothes are tight fitting then they are praised in high heavens. And who wears a leather motorcycle jacket during the summer? Only if you are Usher and you are performing at a concert.

Just because you guys are all friends and know each other here doesn't make it right to give compliments on each other because you think the outfit is the norm. Sometimes you just have to see things in a different perspective and you will realize "what was I thinking"

You're fucking insane if you think that kids wearing band-collar leathers, painted trainers and bleached jeans - or anything in this goddamn thread - is "normal" anywhere. You think throwing fucking blueberries at a shirt is seen anywhere outside the fucking loony-bin? You know what's not cute? Being a fucking illiterate, ignorant moron.
post #247 of 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post


You're fucking insane if you think that kids wearing band-collar leathers, painted trainers and bleached jeans - or anything in this goddamn thread - is "normal" anywhere. You think throwing fucking blueberries at a shirt is seen anywhere outside the fucking loony-bin? You know what's not cute? Being a fucking illiterate, ignorant moron.

Yeah blah blah blah yadah yadah yadah...just keep wearing your drapey knit jersey matrix costumes and hang around at the porch to scare the ants. and please do it sans the posing because it looks so try hard.

maybe if you use your so talented poetic lines and bead them on a grosgrain ribbon then attached them to your costumes, I can change my mind on your creative skill, but until then you belong down the pile of wannabe ninja goth warriors that stink like hell icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #248 of 1067
yeah colabear! tell em like it is!
post #249 of 1067
colabear has rocketed to the top of my list of favorite posters.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
500
500
500
500
500
500
post #250 of 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by colabear View Post

Yeah blah blah blah yadah yadah yadah...just keep wearing your drapey knit jersey matrix costumes and hang around at the porch to scare the ants. and please do it sans the posing because it looks so try hard.

maybe if you use your so talented poetic lines and bead them on a grosgrain ribbon then attached them to your costumes, I can change my mind on your creative skill, but until then you belong down the pile of wannabe ninja goth warriors that stink like hell icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

He of the "creative side" of fashion has spoken! All that is not grosgrained shall henceforth not be "cute"! Sorry Gothninja contingent, your attempts at utter cuteness have failed, return with more grosgrain!

 

You've certainly convinced me that you have not a yoctogram (yeah bitch, I just went there) of creative talent in your yottagram of self. Given that this is the DIY thread, why not showcase your vast design knowledge.... of grosgrain?

post #251 of 1067
Colabear, hero of our time.
post #252 of 1067
hey AFL how's your sweater coming? was looking lovely
post #253 of 1067
I haven't started yet, working on other projects in the mean time. Maybe you're thinking about a picture of a scarf I posted earlier? I've been doing that and a hat recently, will try to take some decent pics soon. The sweater is just a really big investment in terms of yarn, time, and effort, and the pattern requires some skills that I'm not 100% on yet, so I'm taking on a few smaller projects first so I can get my knitting to a level I'm satisfied with. When I get to the sweater I want to be able to nail it.
Edited by A Fellow Linguist - 8/25/11 at 6:12pm
post #254 of 1067
Not an exciting DIY, but I have a few overdyed Oxfords in some nasty colours of teal and dark brown that I'm looking to dye navy and black respectfully. Will rit dye do the job? And, will leaving the clothing in rit dye longer , make the dying more efficient? Or can this fuck up the shirts?

Cheers
post #255 of 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post

You've certainly convinced me that you have not a yoctogram (yeah bitch, I just went there) of creative talent in your yottagram of self. Given that this is the DIY thread, why not showcase your vast design knowledge.... of grosgrain?

The physicist in me LOL'd icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › *** The official and awesome DIY thread ***