or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › *** The official and awesome DIY thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*** The official and awesome DIY thread *** - Page 16

post #226 of 1067
Colabear:

500
post #227 of 1067
Oh my bad, I thought GATs were a particular style of Margiela sneakers shog[1].gif

washing leathers also is a bad idea because it dries them out
post #228 of 1067
Yeah, for something like a shirt, I would probably look into a better dye like the procion since you usually wash them after every wearing,

For pants or jackets, I have done quite well with the rit dyes that you can get in supermarkets/craft stores (though I hear the dylon ones are better) which are incredibly simple to use. A little salt, detergent, and/or vinegar can be used along the way but all you really need are dye and water.

You can even dye some plastics with rit...I've done a pair of sunglasses (originally clear or white plastic only...hard to dye something alread a dark color) and it meant that when I dyed my jacket orange, the buttons shifted to be a better match
post #229 of 1067
[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by colabear View Post



I don't want to demean your efforts for doing this but this DIY styling project does not make any sense to me. Why ruin an expensive designer sneaker.? The original idea is not attractive in the first place and by only achieving mediocre result of the DIY process makes the shoes look even worst.. The end result makes you look like a wannabe artist/painter who paints day and night wearing Margiela sneakers that got ruined in the process.

I'm not the critical type because those types usually are not cute and I don't want to belong there. I just want to voice this opinion as a way to maybe convince others who might get an idea to DIY their Margiela sneakers like this. Please don't because the end result is not cute, but if I can't convice you, to each his own I guess.

I don't think he was going for 'cute'

like Kit said, these aren't Margielas. They are German Army Trainers, for like idk $60?

Looks great to me, made them 100x more interesting


OKAY first of all LOL.

Second, in YOUR opinion, the result is mediocre, the original idea is not attractive etc. etc.
I don't give two fucks if you don't get why i did this.

The sneakers were already very beat up and I wanted to try something different.

What really pisses me off is how you say you are just voicing an opinion but at the same time you are trying to dissuade people from doing it by forcing your opinion onto them.

If they like how it looks then they'll do it, if not, they won't.

Seriously, I paid like $15 for the sneakers, idgaf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colabear View Post

Oh my bad, I thought GATs were a particular style of Margiela sneakers shog[1].gif

washing leathers also is a bad idea because it dries them out

500
post #230 of 1067
I'm going to have to look into dyeing shirts as well. Just came back from a trip and had a bottle of red wine bust in my bag. Now I have a blue/stained purple ocbd and a white/stained polo to experiment with... Not quite sure what I'll do yet
post #231 of 1067
500
post #232 of 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by theom- View Post

500

50's missing a passenger, me thinks

post #233 of 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick View Post

500

"Not cute" would be more correct
post #234 of 1067
qkcHW.gif
post #235 of 1067
He said "not attractive" in reference to the idea of painting the GATs.

He said "not cute" in reference to both critical types and painting the GATs, but I liked the sound of "not attractive" more.

I stand by my picture.
post #236 of 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post

qkcHW.gif

Nah, was thinking more along the lines of

 

317A9.gif

post #237 of 1067
lmao you guys are hilarious
post #238 of 1067
lolololololol
post #239 of 1067
Unnecessary.

I'd be more inclined to agree about altering the MMM trainers if they were not bullshit to begin with (cheap/regular shoes created exclusively so ppl like Usher can drop $500 on shooz). That said, I like the look of the regular white painted ones...
post #240 of 1067
^lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › *** The official and awesome DIY thread ***