Been wearing the DIY painted converse much? Shown any signs of ageing?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 11/29/15 at 2:54pm in Classic Menswear
- Fashon in Ashton Kutcher's movie "Spread" Last post on 12/12/15 at 2:26pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dress shoes with jeans. Last post on 10/28/14 at 3:14am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
*** The official and awesome DIY thread *** - Page 70post #1036 of 13086/2/14 at 9:18am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1037 of 13086/2/14 at 9:57amThey're on my feet right now, actually.
It seems like the painted rubber parts get dirty pretty fast, but the painted canvas parts don't. Some paint loss on the logo and the rubber, with a few red and blue bits showing through, and of course, there's indigo stains. But, as I said somewhere else, a girl dropped a cup of wine next to them and it sloshed across the shoes but rolled right off because of the paint. enjoying them way more since I painted them.post #1038 of 13086/2/14 at 11:22ampost #1039 of 13086/3/14 at 8:11ampost #1040 of 13086/7/14 at 11:39ampost #1041 of 13086/7/14 at 11:48ampost #1042 of 13086/7/14 at 11:56ampost #1043 of 13086/8/14 at 9:53pmpost #1044 of 13086/8/14 at 10:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by fireflygrave
Anybody here have experience dyeing linen?
If so, what kind of difficulties would I have to expect if I wanted to dye a 100% white linen jacket black or dark grey? The jacket in question has a white cotton lining also. Ideally I'd like to dye it in such a way that the whole thing comes out very dark grey/black. It seems like hot dyeing would be best for this, but I'm afraid the jacket might shrink too much. Is there a way to dye it that would have a good chance of success? I don't own it yet, but its available for a very very cheap price (more than 60% less than I've ever seen a jacket of this brand go for). The black versions are always more sought after and expensive. Just wondering if anyone's tried this and can offer advice (or dissuade me )
I haven't been scientific about it, but I've accidentally washed and hot-dried a linen shirt a couple of times, without noticeable shrinkage. I also dip-died an off-white linen sport coat with cheap cold dye, and it worked pretty well. I can't find the pics I took of the process, but here's a shitty bathroom pic of me wearing it in the airport.post #1045 of 13086/9/14 at 8:14ampost #1046 of 13086/9/14 at 6:21pmpost #1047 of 13086/15/14 at 1:05pmpost #1048 of 13086/18/14 at 12:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Crstl
Here is my blog where you can find all my customization or creation projects:
This stuff is pretty rad, nice work. The trouser work looks awesome.
Since it's been a hot topic again lately, here's an update on mine.
I kind of like that they're kind of slow to peel, so kind of constantly in the cracked stage. Been wearing them frequently for about a monthpost #1049 of 13086/18/14 at 3:10pmpost #1050 of 13086/19/14 at 10:26am
- *** The official and awesome DIY thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Official Sales Alert thread 40 seconds ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 29 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 33 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?