Been wearing the DIY painted converse much? Shown any signs of ageing?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 3/28/15 at 11:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Fashon in Ashton Kutcher's movie "Spread" Last post on 2/22/15 at 12:20pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dress shoes with jeans. Last post on 10/28/14 at 3:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
*** The official and awesome DIY thread *** - Page 70
Styleforum Top Picks
It seems like the painted rubber parts get dirty pretty fast, but the painted canvas parts don't. Some paint loss on the logo and the rubber, with a few red and blue bits showing through, and of course, there's indigo stains. But, as I said somewhere else, a girl dropped a cup of wine next to them and it sloshed across the shoes but rolled right off because of the paint. enjoying them way more since I painted them.
Anybody here have experience dyeing linen?
If so, what kind of difficulties would I have to expect if I wanted to dye a 100% white linen jacket black or dark grey? The jacket in question has a white cotton lining also. Ideally I'd like to dye it in such a way that the whole thing comes out very dark grey/black. It seems like hot dyeing would be best for this, but I'm afraid the jacket might shrink too much. Is there a way to dye it that would have a good chance of success? I don't own it yet, but its available for a very very cheap price (more than 60% less than I've ever seen a jacket of this brand go for). The black versions are always more sought after and expensive. Just wondering if anyone's tried this and can offer advice (or dissuade me )
I haven't been scientific about it, but I've accidentally washed and hot-dried a linen shirt a couple of times, without noticeable shrinkage. I also dip-died an off-white linen sport coat with cheap cold dye, and it worked pretty well. I can't find the pics I took of the process, but here's a shitty bathroom pic of me wearing it in the airport.
Here is my blog where you can find all my customization or creation projects:
This stuff is pretty rad, nice work. The trouser work looks awesome.
Since it's been a hot topic again lately, here's an update on mine.
I kind of like that they're kind of slow to peel, so kind of constantly in the cracked stage. Been wearing them frequently for about a month
- *** The official and awesome DIY thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › OAK ROOM - Gentlemen`s Shoe Store - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › FS: grey cashmere jacket by Chester Barrie, size 36S, vintage 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › STEPHAN SCHNEIDER - AW08 Black bomber (SZ. 5) 11 minutes ago
- › Like new: navy blue Oxxford hopsack blazer, size 38 12 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 14 minutes ago
- › http://premiumpureforskolinrev.com/forskolin-fit-pro/ 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...