Been wearing the DIY painted converse much? Shown any signs of ageing?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 7/27/15 at 2:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Fashon in Ashton Kutcher's movie "Spread" Last post on 2/22/15 at 12:20pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dress shoes with jeans. Last post on 10/28/14 at 3:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
*** The official and awesome DIY thread *** - Page 70
Styleforum Top Picks
It seems like the painted rubber parts get dirty pretty fast, but the painted canvas parts don't. Some paint loss on the logo and the rubber, with a few red and blue bits showing through, and of course, there's indigo stains. But, as I said somewhere else, a girl dropped a cup of wine next to them and it sloshed across the shoes but rolled right off because of the paint. enjoying them way more since I painted them.
Anybody here have experience dyeing linen?
If so, what kind of difficulties would I have to expect if I wanted to dye a 100% white linen jacket black or dark grey? The jacket in question has a white cotton lining also. Ideally I'd like to dye it in such a way that the whole thing comes out very dark grey/black. It seems like hot dyeing would be best for this, but I'm afraid the jacket might shrink too much. Is there a way to dye it that would have a good chance of success? I don't own it yet, but its available for a very very cheap price (more than 60% less than I've ever seen a jacket of this brand go for). The black versions are always more sought after and expensive. Just wondering if anyone's tried this and can offer advice (or dissuade me )
I haven't been scientific about it, but I've accidentally washed and hot-dried a linen shirt a couple of times, without noticeable shrinkage. I also dip-died an off-white linen sport coat with cheap cold dye, and it worked pretty well. I can't find the pics I took of the process, but here's a shitty bathroom pic of me wearing it in the airport.
Here is my blog where you can find all my customization or creation projects:
This stuff is pretty rad, nice work. The trouser work looks awesome.
Since it's been a hot topic again lately, here's an update on mine.
I kind of like that they're kind of slow to peel, so kind of constantly in the cracked stage. Been wearing them frequently for about a month
- *** The official and awesome DIY thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › How do these look? 14 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 21 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 26 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...