or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › talk to me about borrelli...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

talk to me about borrelli...

post #1 of 39
Thread Starter 
I have a few old borrelli white shirts....i love em. great fabrics, thick buttons, etc. I picked up a couple new ones this past week....what happened? WAY less hand work. fabric is still great, but there seems to be a noticeable difference. Honestly, I dont see THAT much difference in the new borrellis and my T&A or Ermenegildo Zegna or Charvet shirts....

My question...is there any brand currently that would be comparable to the old borrelli?
post #2 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
I have a few old borrelli white shirts....i love em. great fabrics, thick buttons, etc. I picked up a couple new ones this past week....what happened? WAY less hand work. fabric is still great, but there seems to be a noticeable difference. Honestly, I dont see THAT much difference in the new borrellis and my T&A or Ermenegildo Zegna or Charvet shirts....

My question...is there any brand currently that would be comparable to the old borrelli?

Hehe.
post #3 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeisenzahl View Post
Hehe.

thats no help speedy. hahahahaha.
post #4 of 39
post #5 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwoood View Post

So Finamore or barba? I guess im more interested in a good alternative than the actual story behind what happened.
post #6 of 39
Finamore, barba are probably comparable. Attolini are also nice, if not better.

Check out Donnanna - it's apparently many of the same people from the old Borrelli operation. Although, I can't confirm quality.

http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-36272...-us-39-eu.aspx
post #7 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndw View Post
Finamore, barba are probably comparable. Attolini are also nice, if not better.

Check out Donnanna - it's apparently many of the same people from the old Borrelli operation. Although, I can't confirm quality.

http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-36272...-us-39-eu.aspx

Ill check those out...thanks for the info!

I *NEED* a white attolini shirt.
post #8 of 39
I've shifted my allegiance to Fray. Kiton I also like for it's handwork, but I don't like their buttons as much
post #9 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post
I've shifted my allegiance to Fray. Kiton I also like for it's handwork, but I don't like their buttons as much

I keep hearing Kiton shirts leave a lot to be desired. I have a lot of great shirts, (t&a, zegna, rlpl, letc) and borrelli was a nice way to treat myself. Being in nashville where the best shirt you can buy is ike behar, its tough to know exactly what im getting when ordering online.
post #10 of 39
Finamore have more handwork then Barba and current Borrelli. In any case Borrelli is back in operation after the trouble they had a couple of years ago.
post #11 of 39
Thread Starter 
thanks....I need to check out finamore....
post #12 of 39
I might be the only one on this but I feel that Truzzi is pretty comparable
post #13 of 39
^ +1
post #14 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmac7 View Post
I might be the only one on this but I feel that Truzzi is pretty comparable

Truzzi buttonholes are ugly in my opinion, and I really don't like their buttons or collar shapes either. Finamore has my vote.
post #15 of 39
My fav shirt is hands down my grey white striped finamore!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › talk to me about borrelli...