• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AMC's The Killing

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i hadn't noticed the hype because i haven't watched amc since season 4 of mad men ended last year.

my brother had told me about the show a while back.......i had forgotten about it.....reminded me this week that it had started.

i read one review about it this week saying it was slower than rubicon......i don't think that is the case.....just a better story.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot this show was airing. I'll have to find it online some time today and watch it (or wait for a repeat). I'm definitely interested in checking it out.

Rubicon was a total snoozefest. I tried to get into it but just couldn't.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched the premiere last night. Not bad. At least it didn't put me to sleep like Rubicon.

I'll give it some more time to develop.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
enjoyed it.

Same here. I wonder where they intend to take the show over the course of X number of seasons. So far so good though.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to watch it as soon as I leave the office. For those who've seen it, how does it compare to the Danish original?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really enjoyed it.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I thought it was slow and terrible.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
I thought it was slow and terrible.

So did I, but it picked up toward the end. I'm interested but the lack of eye candy is tempering my enthusiasm.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So did I, but it picked up toward the end. I'm interested but the lack of eye candy is tempering my enthusiasm
Not even the high school girl that really want to party? The brunette not the blonde piglet. I also dig the scowl that the lead always has. Ms. Larsen and her sister [in-law?] were bonable too.

TRA8324

Reaction score
I thought it was okay. It seemed to pick up near the end, but it just didn't hold my attention, and I didn't care for the characters like I did with the Walking Dead premiere. Of course, Breaking Bad is still the best show on TV. July can't come soon enough.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really liked the first two episodes. Much prefer it (and Rubicon) to Walking Dead and Mad Men. The main cop's parka really annoys me though
plain.gif

sexandcandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Not even the high school girl that really want to party? The brunette not the blonde piglet. I also dig the scowl that the lead always has. Ms. Larsen and her sister [in-law?] were bonable too.

yeah maybe the high school chick (no ****
confused.gif
) but i doubt we see her again. ms. larsen and her sister were okay, kinda pushing it. the main cop is just gross

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexandcandy
yeah maybe the high school chick (no ****
confused.gif
) but i doubt we see her again. ms. larsen and her sister were okay, kinda pushing it. the main cop is just gross

True, but in a way it makes her character more believable. I highly doubt any woman who looks like the female cop from Castle, for example, would become a police officer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads