or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › AMC's The Killing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMC's The Killing - Page 8

post #106 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
Until tonight I have never - EVER - had anything on tv make me physically ill. Tonight's episode has changed that.


The rape of Peg Bundy in Sons of Anarchy was worse, but yea that was tough to watch.
post #107 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
Until tonight I have never - EVER - had anything on tv make me physically ill. Tonight's episode has changed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post
The rape of Peg Bundy in Sons of Anarchy was worse, but yea that was tough to watch.


so many softies in this thread, that scene at the end was actually pretty tame
post #108 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphextwin07 View Post
so many softies in this thread, that scene at the end was actually pretty tame

Seriously. I was trying to figure out if I missed some viciously brutal part of the episode or something.
post #109 of 279
You guys are thick. It was brutal because an innocent man was being beaten to death, not because it was gory, bloody. Etc.
post #110 of 279
Like Moo said, it was the fact we knew an innocent person was getting beat to death. Also the fact that his idiot wife was sitting at home feeling sorry for her psycho ass just as she suddenly realized that lame shirt wasn't actually her daughters and she said it was because she was seeing/remembering what she wanted to see/remember. I was also sickened by the husband's weakness in blindly listening to his fucked up wife who he should know has no standing to criticize his approach in letting the cops handle the suspect when she nearly got her last two children killed because she was watching TV.
post #111 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
You guys are thick. It was brutal because an innocent man was being beaten to death, not because it was gory, bloody. Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodum5 View Post
Like Moo said, it was the fact we knew an innocent person was getting beat to death. Also the fact that his idiot wife was sitting at home feeling sorry for her psycho ass just as she suddenly realized that lame shirt wasn't actually her daughters and she said it was because she was seeing/remembering what she wanted to see/remember. I was also sickened by the husband's weakness in blindly listening to his fucked up wife who he should know has no standing to criticize his approach in letting the cops handle the suspect when she nearly got her last two children killed because she was watching TV.

Pardon us for associating people getting 'physically ill' with gore, blood, etc.
post #112 of 279
^ even taking the innocent person angle into consideration it was still pretty tame.
post #113 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post
Pardon us for associating people getting 'physically ill' with gore, blood, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphextwin07 View Post
^ even taking the innocent person angle into consideration it was still pretty tame.
Congratulations.
post #114 of 279
I'm not saying Bennett "deserved it", but he certainly didn't do himself any favors by acting so suspiciously and consistently trying to mislead investigators by omitting information he knew was relevant. If he had been upfront from the beginning there's a very good chance that they would have ruled him out as a suspect (which would have saved everybody A TON of grief) and he would have still been able to carry out his little underground railroad operation.

Mitch clearly needs therapy and I'm not sure anybody outside of Teri knows it or is willing to say so.

What I thought was messed up was Stan's right hand man punching a giant rock again and again while Stan worked Bennett over.
post #115 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by limping_decorum View Post
it reminded me of when chris beat down michaels father on the wire.

can you please post more. i love staring at your avatar. every time you post it's like christmas all over again
post #116 of 279
Blame all around... I'll agree that Bennett didn't do himself any favors by acting so shady and he should have been on the look out after the first run in he had w/ Stan. Mitch needs therapy for sure, but I'll settle for her getting a slap. That bitch set Stan on Bennett like a he was a rabid dog. He appeared to have broken away from that lifestyle only to have her guilt him into the beating. Linden fucked up by assuring Mitch there would be an arrest without doing her due diligence on the wire tap. Sloppy police work that. She should have probably followed up w/ what was happening w/ Stan after the first time he snatched Bennett up.
post #117 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

What I thought was messed up was Stan's right hand man punching a giant rock again and again while Stan worked Bennett over.

Excellent scene, having him in the background doing that while Stan went to town. The way they framed that shot was genius.
post #118 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by fir3fox View Post

Linden fucked up by assuring Mitch there would be an arrest without doing her due diligence on the wire tap. Sloppy police work that.

We watched the last three episodes in a row, and you can really see Linden coming apart at the seams.
post #119 of 279
this show is losing me
post #120 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post
I'm not saying Bennett "deserved it", but he certainly didn't do himself any favors by acting so suspiciously and consistently trying to mislead investigators by omitting information he knew was relevant. If he had been upfront from the beginning there's a very good chance that they would have ruled him out as a suspect (which would have saved everybody A TON of grief) and he would have still been able to carry out his little underground railroad operation. Mitch clearly needs therapy and I'm not sure anybody outside of Teri knows it or is willing to say so. What I thought was messed up was Stan's right hand man punching a giant rock again and again while Stan worked Bennett over.
Bold 1: You think the cops would've turned a blind eye? They'd have called child protective services and probably arrested him and his friend for something like kidnapping. He would've been perfectly fine if Mitch and Co. did nothing and let the cops do their jobs. Bold 2: She needs her husband to man up and smack her out of her funk. Bold 3: Yeah, I saw this too. Pretty weird cat. Thanks to the suspect merry go round I now think somebody connected to Stan had something to do with Rosie's death. I'm thinking Stan's old mob family, his creepy rock-punching friend, or Mitch's sister.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › AMC's The Killing