or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › .....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

..... - Page 8

post #106 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post
Bad move leaving a voice mail. Bad move calling her again the next day. Should have called her once, and never again if she didn't answer. 1 missed call + 1 text is pretty much the limit. You're done now.

The thing is, you shouldn't even want to keep meeting with someone who does that to you. I hate flakes, and I hate people who keep me waiting like my time is worthless. If I ever do that to someone, it's because I'm either fucking somebody else who I like more that night (ALFALFA AS PHUCK ETC.) or I have a really great plan with friends.

Yup, my personal rule of thumb is 1 call + 1 text. You are giving them a 2nd chance and really shouldn't have to do more then that. If she is interested she will get back to you.
post #107 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post
Lot of good advice in this thread.

I think this woman has lost interest. There is no job in the world that is so time consuming that it would prevent a woman from carving out some time for a man in whom she has a romantic interest. No biggie, happens all the time.

OP, your big problem is "one-itis." You've created an image of this woman and a relationship with her in your head after one good date, and now you're upset that your feelings aren't reciprocated. We've all been there. Move on, and meet other women.

We certainly have!

Don't worry. You'll soon become callous and jaded like the rest of us.
post #108 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek View Post
We certainly have!

Don't worry. You'll soon become callous and jaded like the rest of us.

+ fucking 1
post #109 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post
"Alpha-as-fuck" iGents, I need your insight! I've been talking to my friends IRL, but I want some more opinions.

I was super excited for a 2nd date yesterday. The girl was the one who asked me out for the first date, which went very well . Got the kiss at the end of the night and she suggested we go out again. A couple days ago I called her and setup a 7:30 date for Friday (yesterday). She was really enthusiastic and said she had a lot of fun the last time.

Fast forward to Friday.I texted her around noon saying I was looking forward to seeing her and to confirm for dinner. No response by 5:00, so I left a voicemail to confirm. Finally got a text a 6:00 saying: "Hey sorry work was crazy. I'm still at work so I might just need some sleep."

I texted her back saying basically that I could relate to the tiredness (I really hate that feeling of running on fumes) and that we should just reschedule. And no worries since my friends had been planning on going out anyways.

The bizarre part is that I haven't heard anything back. I've seen her online on Facebook so she didn't go into hibernation for 24 hours. If it were me, I would have responded by now. It's the least you can do if you cancel 2 hours before the date. I've exhausted my texting and call quota (1 each), so the ball is in her court.

Also, it's not the first time she canceled. Before the first date, she called in 2 hours before saying she was too "hungover" from the night before. But as I said, everything eventually worked out of the first date. (Rescheduled to the next day)

Can't tell if she's a:

(A) Flake in general
(B) Workaholic and the kind of person who dislikes showing up to something important if they don't have their "A-game" due to fatigue or hangover
(C) Not interested in me anymore; that sleepiness excuse was a cover story

At the risk of this turning into a Connemara-esque thread, I invite your insight.

don't call nor send text to her .... keep your distance for awhile... she may have to think all over again you know... you'll be alright... if in case she fails to do so... it's her lost and not yours.. goodluck
post #110 of 126
Delete her number. If she contacts you to hang out, go ahead if you feel like it but downgrade her from 1 to 1 encounter to meeting with a group. Particularly if there's better talent than her around.
post #111 of 126
^ bad advice.

What he needs to do is to send her a long SMS about how hurt he is. Don't spare anything. Explain all of your feelings and emotions in it. Don't let the SMS character limit constrain you, most phones will join them together if you go over.

Talk about how you had high hopes for the relationship, how the one date was truly magical, how you don't know that you will be able to move on.

Once emotions and feelings have been expressed, I highly recommend pleading for a chance at some of her time. Women respond to pleas. They love a man to beg, it's why you get down on one knee to propose.

Once you have sent that SMS, we have to of course deal with the possibility that she won't get it.

As such, you should paste it all into an email, and send it again.

Once you have done that, just to be on the safe side, you should paste it into a Facebook message as well.

At this point, and again, sincerity is key...you should call her, and be prepared to read the entire thing to her voicemail. It may cut off a few times, but that's fine, just call back. As many times as it takes. Women respond to persistence.

If you don't get a reply the next day, that means she hasn't seen it. In this case, write it on scented paper and hand deliver it to her office. Chicks love that. Bring flowers.

Once complete, please post outcomes.
post #112 of 126
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, hunt it down and kill it.
post #113 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
^ bad advice.

What he needs to do is to send her a long SMS about how hurt he is. Don't spare anything. Explain all of your feelings and emotions in it. Don't let the SMS character limit constrain you, most phones will join them together if you go over.

Talk about how you had high hopes for the relationship, how the one date was truly magical, how you don't know that you will be able to move on.

Once emotions and feelings have been expressed, I highly recommend pleading for a chance at some of her time. Women respond to pleas. They love a man to beg, it's why you get down on one knee to propose.

Once you have sent that SMS, we have to of course deal with the possibility that she won't get it.

As such, you should paste it all into an email, and send it again.

Once you have done that, just to be on the safe side, you should paste it into a Facebook message as well.

At this point, and again, sincerity is key...you should call her, and be prepared to read the entire thing to her voicemail. It may cut off a few times, but that's fine, just call back. As many times as it takes. Women respond to persistence.

If you don't get a reply the next day, that means she hasn't seen it. In this case, write it on scented paper and hand deliver it to her office. Chicks love that. Bring flowers.

Once complete, please post outcomes.

You're missing one: write it out to her using your best calligraphy stationery. There's nothing women respond better to than artful penmanship and a man who does calligraphy!
post #114 of 126
/\\ /\\ /\\ Is this a WWMD?
post #115 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post
You're missing one: write it out to her using your best calligraphy stationery. There's nothing women respond better to than artful penmanship and a man who does calligraphy!
and seal it with a drop of blood. Chicks love blood. It's why they keep menstruating all the time.
post #116 of 126
Women dig edible arrangements also. Nothing says love like it spelled out in cantaloupe chunks.
post #117 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
^ bad advice.

What he needs to do is to send her a long SMS about how hurt he is. Don't spare anything. Explain all of your feelings and emotions in it. Don't let the SMS character limit constrain you, most phones will join them together if you go over.

Talk about how you had high hopes for the relationship, how the one date was truly magical, how you don't know that you will be able to move on.

Once emotions and feelings have been expressed, I highly recommend pleading for a chance at some of her time. Women respond to pleas. They love a man to beg, it's why you get down on one knee to propose.

Once you have sent that SMS, we have to of course deal with the possibility that she won't get it.

As such, you should paste it all into an email, and send it again.

Once you have done that, just to be on the safe side, you should paste it into a Facebook message as well.

At this point, and again, sincerity is key...you should call her, and be prepared to read the entire thing to her voicemail. It may cut off a few times, but that's fine, just call back. As many times as it takes. Women respond to persistence.

If you don't get a reply the next day, that means she hasn't seen it. In this case, write it on scented paper and hand deliver it to her office. Chicks love that. Bring flowers.

Once complete, please post outcomes.
Good advice. I suggest changing your Facebook relationship status to "In a relationship" and post the following status update: "Haven't seen my girl in a few days . . . miss her SO MUCH."
post #118 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
^ bad advice.

What he needs to do is to send her a long SMS about how hurt he is. Don't spare anything. Explain all of your feelings and emotions in it. Don't let the SMS character limit constrain you, most phones will join them together if you go over.

Talk about how you had high hopes for the relationship, how the one date was truly magical, how you don't know that you will be able to move on.

Once emotions and feelings have been expressed, I highly recommend pleading for a chance at some of her time. Women respond to pleas. They love a man to beg, it's why you get down on one knee to propose.

Once you have sent that SMS, we have to of course deal with the possibility that she won't get it.

As such, you should paste it all into an email, and send it again.

Once you have done that, just to be on the safe side, you should paste it into a Facebook message as well.

At this point, and again, sincerity is key...you should call her, and be prepared to read the entire thing to her voicemail. It may cut off a few times, but that's fine, just call back. As many times as it takes. Women respond to persistence.

If you don't get a reply the next day, that means she hasn't seen it. In this case, write it on scented paper and hand deliver it to her office. Chicks love that. Bring flowers.

Once complete, please post outcomes.



I would honestly donate money to SF to see this happen.
post #119 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post
Good advice. I suggest changing your Facebook relationship status to "In a relationship" and post the following status update: "Haven't seen my girl in a few days . . . miss her SO MUCH."

lol
post #120 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek View Post
Some people just don't like doing that shit. it's probably hard to believe in the crowds you run in, but i'd rather blow my brains out. And ya, i know there are nice places too, but I just don't like them. Is your way a good way to hook-up? I'm sure it is, for you, with your particular personality. It wouldn't be for me.

Look, I don't think you can prescribe a general dating strategy (or whatever you want to call it) for everyone since everyone is different. Everyone needs to find what works for them.

I think the example I used is overshadowing the point I was trying to make; I usually find that meeting people, just like everything else, should be part of the fabric of your life and not something you separate and plan apart. In other words it is better to invite the chick to an event you're already going to, be it a kayaking trip, 10 friends having dinner, going out, seeing an expo, whatever.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › .....