or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Double tie
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Double tie

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
Has anyone ever seen either in real life or in a magazine what was called a Double Tie? I saw it in a pic from a men's fashion mag designed by Zegna I believe when I was in Italy about 2 years ago. (and maybe I can find a pic around of it somewhere). I wonder if they actually made it to market or was it one of the things that crashed and burned on the catwalk. Its the length of a regular tie however both ends are wide and are made of different silks. I guess the only knot you would be able to use would be a Four in hand so that the ends of the tie end together, and both are visible as the are not meant to be tied so that one eclipses the other but that they both show from the front. I thought it a bit (understatement ) odd when I saw it. I wonder if anyone else has seen it as well? (its not new, but I recently heard about it mentioned as one of five ideas to watch in an entrepreneurial mag not particularly noted for fashion statements.) Thanks. JJF
post #2 of 26
Quote:
Has anyone ever seen either in real life or in a magazine what was called a Double Tie? I saw it in a pic from a men's fashion mag designed by Zegna I believe when I was in Italy about 2 years ago. (and maybe I can find a pic around of it somewhere). I wonder if they actually made it to market or was it one of the things that crashed and burned on the catwalk. Its the length of a regular tie however both ends are wide and are made of different silks. I guess the only knot you would be able to use would be a Four in hand so that the ends of the tie end together, and both are visible as the are not meant to be tied so that one eclipses the other but that they both show from the front. I thought it a bit (understatement ) odd when I saw it. I wonder if anyone else has seen it as well? (its not new, but I recently heard about it mentioned as one of five ideas to watch in an entrepreneurial mag not particularly noted for fashion statements.) Thanks. JJF
Yes, they unfortunately made it to the store shelves. I recall seeing 5 or 6 versions at the Zegna company store in Bal Harbor. Jon.
post #3 of 26
I believe Mr. Marty McFly sports one of those in Back to the Future, Part II
post #4 of 26
It is most likely similar to when people tie a silk scarf in some sort of tie knot. Like how some women wear their long scarves. Dominque Arnault wears something in that style often.
post #5 of 26
McFly. Is that what you want, McFly?
post #6 of 26
Double ties are up at Yoox/E.Zegna have just received this beauty: kinda tricky to tie a knot 100% silk, but very substantial/rough fabric
post #7 of 26
Anyone can kill Eric Glennie, but can you make his spirit stay dead?
post #8 of 26
I was hoping for this
LL
post #9 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeboy View Post
I was hoping for this
Damn, beat me to it.
post #10 of 26
So you guys would consider this zegna tie a sartorial fail?
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE7 View Post
So you guys would consider this zegna tie a sartorial fail?

You should post pictures of you wearing the tie, so that we can determine that for ourselves.
post #12 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlin View Post
You should post pictures of you wearing the tie, so that we can call you a sartorial fail.

FTFY
post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIHTies View Post
Has anyone ever seen either in real life or in a magazine what was called a Double Tie? I saw it in a pic from a men's fashion mag designed by Zegna I believe when I was in Italy about 2 years ago.

Dior Homme did double ties a couple of years ago, the same season that had ties with spiders, insects, and beetles on them.

I don't have any pictures, but they were really simple: they were skinny ties so the "front" (blade?) was almost as thin as the tail of a normal tie, only both ends were identical. As far as I can recall they were all plain black/navy, and one end wasn't a different colour. So I never really got the point.
post #14 of 26


knot can be manageable if you prefold the other side before you tie it.
post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE7 View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


knot can be manageable if you prefold the other side before you tie it.

From afar it just looks like a weird 70s tie with a funky side stripe. Not really feeling it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Double tie