or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What's in your liquor cabinet?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's in your liquor cabinet? - Page 4

post #46 of 56
-Sauza Hornitos Tequilla
-Old Overholt Rye Whiskey
-Tullamore Irish Whisky
-Mount Gay Rum

After a year of getting mini-bar going (and having bought every major type of liquor) I've discovered that my favorite liquors have changed from Vodka to Whiskey... never saw that one coming! I feel like I'm getting in touch with my poor white trash roots!
post #47 of 56
Mine are below. And, ironically enough, I've had exactly one drink since August.

Scotch:

Aberlour 10
Ardbeg 10
Balvenie 12
Cardhu 10
Glenlivet 12 and 18
Glenmorangie 10 Port, Sherry, and Burgundy finishes
Johnny Black
Lagavulin 16
Longmorn 15
MacAllan 12
Royal Lochnagar 12
Scapa 12
Suntory Hibiki
Talisker 10
Talisker Distiller's Reserve (10, I think)

Bourbon and Rye:

Bakers
Basil Hayden
Blanton's
Booker's
Bulleit
Corner Creek
Eagle Rare
Elijah Craig 12 and 18
Hirsch 16
Jefferson's Reserve
Knob Creek
Maker's Mark
Maker's Mark VIP
Wild Turkey 101
Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve
Woodford Reserve

Other:

Boodles Gin
Mount Gay Rum
Bacardi 8
Cazadores
post #48 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyto
Mine are below. And, ironically enough, I've had exactly one drink since August.

You may find yourself drinking more frequently now that SFers will be dropping by unannounced for drinks!
post #49 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
You may find yourself drinking more frequently now that SFers will be dropping by unannounced for drinks!
At least wait until after finals, so I can get the house cleaned up. A drink or five will definitely be in order....

I'm also kinda short on mixers--ran out of vermouth, which leaves me with only Campari and Maraschino liqueur. But hey, we can still drink aviations and negronis, right?
post #50 of 56
You must be quite the cocktailian. Aviation and negroni are great drinks.
post #51 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
You must be quite the cocktailian. Aviation and negroni are great drinks.
I'm working on it. I particularly like the aviation, but getting it (and the Negroni) consistently right eludes me. I just need to be more of a drinker, I guess...
post #52 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyto
At least wait until after finals, so I can get the house cleaned up. A drink or five will definitely be in order....

I'm also kinda short on mixers--ran out of vermouth, which leaves me with only Campari and Maraschino liqueur. But hey, we can still drink aviations and negronis, right?

Jesus! Hell of a stock to have as a student, I'd be happy to hold some of the Whisky bottles for you if you need room for books...
post #53 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneNew
Jesus! Hell of a stock to have as a student, I'd be happy to hold some of the Whisky bottles for you if you need room for books...

Thanks for the offer. I'm actually a "returning" student, so I've had a few years to accumulate the booze.
post #54 of 56
Grain alcohol.

From the still out back.
post #55 of 56
Responding accurately to this thread would require that I go through my cabinet ... an intimidating prospect for another day, but an excercise worth doing. Stay tuned ....
post #56 of 56
Thread Starter 
Just added Bunnahabhain last night. Boy, this stuff goes down easy!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What's in your liquor cabinet?