Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 3:31 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read - Page 61post #901 of 11457/10/13 at 8:00pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #902 of 11457/16/13 at 8:19ampost #903 of 11457/21/13 at 8:41amFigured I would post this here first before putting it up for sale in the B&S forum. Would anybody be interested in a pair of Natural Chromexcel Wingtip shoes - size 9.5D (on the modified last, of course)? Model number is 54222. I'm pretty sure they were a makeup for Moulded and a pic is available here.
I picked them up as seconds a couple of years ago and only worn them enough to get some minor creasing on them indoors. Soles are clean. If interested, PM me and I could post pictures. I'm not 100% on selling them but if there is significant interest, that will probably change my mind.
Thanks.post #904 of 11457/26/13 at 5:07pmpost #905 of 11458/9/13 at 8:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by PhiPsi32
Here are the details with the suggested revisions. Please post your feedback. I will see if I can find any reports of bleed through on the stitching. I will take a close look at my boots and take some photos tonight.Last: Modified Last
Pattern: Indy Boot - As #41146H
Upper: Dark Brown Kudu - As #404
Eyelets: 5 metal 4 hooks
Lining: Full Leather Linings
Soles: Brown Neoprene - As #41146H
Heels: L/R Erco Modified Last Heels
Welting: Antiqued/Finished Brown (270 storm or reverse welt as advised by Alden)
Packaging: Alden of New EnglandAdditional Details:
Matching Stitching on Vamp as advised by Alden
Moulded Shoe has posted an Indy boot in Kudu on the Trubalance last. I wonder if our MTO Kudu Indy on the Modified last is on its way? I can't remember, was our MTO ever confirmed? I don't recall that it was. Very frustrating. I love my Aldens but if another manufacturer could produce similar product at a similar price point, I wouldn't have any hesitation at jumping ship.post #906 of 11458/9/13 at 8:21pm
The order has not been confirmed. I didn't see a Kudu Indy Truebalance on the site. Regardless, I believe that production is based on a number of factors such as when the order is placed, what materials are needed, which last is needed, and the availability of the lasts (i.e. they are not being used to build shoes for another order). It might take another three months for the order to be confirmed.post #907 of 11458/9/13 at 10:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by PhiPsi32
The order has not been confirmed. I didn't see a Kudu Indy Truebalance on the site. Regardless, I believe that production is based on a number of factors such as when the order is placed, what materials are needed, which last is needed, and the availability of the lasts (i.e. they are not being used to build shoes for another order). It might take another three months for the order to be confirmed.
Thanks, PhiPsi32. That's going to make it almost a year since we put the order in (Jan 2013).
The Kudu Indy on the trubalance was on their tumblr site.post #908 of 11458/10/13 at 5:31ampost #909 of 11458/10/13 at 5:42ampost #910 of 11458/10/13 at 7:24ampost #911 of 11458/10/13 at 11:58ampost #912 of 11458/29/13 at 6:43pmThread Starterpost #913 of 11458/29/13 at 6:46pmpost #914 of 11458/30/13 at 4:59amThread Starterpost #915 of 11458/30/13 at 7:16amquestion for you guys (the alden thread didnt answer )
i wear a size 8.5 D Modified Last - have 4 pairs from moulded. wear a size 9 is most else (quoddy, etc)
i wanted to get a pair of chukkas. sized and got the Alden Leydon Suede Chukka in a 9. felt ok.
wore it at home, at work, the heels are real painful- perhaps slipping?
FYI i have narrow heels i inherited from my father.
QUESTION- do i have any options?
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 31 seconds ago
- › Advice needed on Shoe Sizes & Fit 1 minute ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Gucci chelsea boots | 11 4 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › IT'S ALL GOING TO BE OK ~ THE OFFICIAL-UNOFFICIAL TOJ EXCHANGE... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...