or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read - Page 60

post #886 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennius View Post

Thanks PhiPsi,

I want to wear shorts this summer. I live in nyc and it gets hot. Tennis shoes, boat shoes, canvas shoes....? Any casual wide shoe that doesnt look hideous.

I want some casual aldens, too, but they dont seem that casual.....
bump this
post #887 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzer View Post

bump this

Some choices - for Sneakers - New Balance makes widths for sure and I think they are of high quality. Would also look at Ecco, Mephisto, Abeo and Orthaheel - if you go into a 'comfort' shoe store you're going to find a lot of casual shoes and summer sandals that will work. Any good sneaker / runners shop will also be able to fit you in a comfortable pair of casual sneaker - issue here is that the style you like the best may not always be the one that is best for your foot. Good luck!
post #888 of 1081
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzer View Post

bump this

Casual in the Modified Last?

Moulded Shoe has snuff suede captoe bluchers. They would look perfect with no socks.
post #889 of 1081
Does anyone here with foot problems wear Alden lasts other than the modified? The folks at Moulded Shoe suggest the Aberdeen, Hampton and Grant, but obviously, YMMV. Really interested in purchasing the grant-lasted boot.
post #890 of 1081

while we're at it, let's bump this for the kudu modified smile.gif

post #891 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by stant62 View Post

Does anyone here with foot problems wear Alden lasts other than the modified? The folks at Moulded Shoe suggest the Aberdeen, Hampton and Grant, but obviously, YMMV. Really interested in purchasing the grant-lasted boot.

I think you can trust the guys at Moulded. They will not sell you a shoe that doesn't fit.
post #892 of 1081
+1 Maybe the order will be confirmed soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

while we're at it, let's bump this for the kudu modified smile.gif
post #893 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennius View Post

My question:  any recommendation for tennis/casual shoes for those of us with fat feet?

FWIW ...

I have normal width feet. But when I visited Moulded Shoe to try on some Alden ML awhile back, I also asked if they had any athletic shoes they recommended. They pointed me to the New Balance M990, which is on their SL-1 last. Given their range of lasts, and widths, I'd say NB is a good option.
post #894 of 1081
Thanks for good ideas gents
post #895 of 1081
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stant62 View Post

Does anyone here with foot problems wear Alden lasts other than the modified? The folks at Moulded Shoe suggest the Aberdeen, Hampton and Grant, but obviously, YMMV. Really interested in purchasing the grant-lasted boot.

E - widths may work in these for you. I can't wear any of these without an E fitting.
post #896 of 1081
Anyone here wear a C width on the modified last and a D width in other Alden lasts? I know the modified last runs a little large similar to the Barrie and trubalance lasts in length but wanted to get people's take with the width. Thanks.
post #897 of 1081

I wear the Modified last TTS, that's how I was fitted at Moulded shoe.

post #898 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

I wear the Modified last TTS, that's how I was fitted at Moulded shoe.

Thanks for your input. Does anyone own this boot?

post #899 of 1081
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post

Thanks for your input. Does anyone own this boot?


Yes.

DSC_0209.JPG
DSC_0193.JPG
DSC_0190.JPG
post #900 of 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post

Anyone here wear a C width on the modified last and a D width in other Alden lasts? I know the modified last runs a little large similar to the Barrie and trubalance lasts in length but wanted to get people's take with the width. Thanks.
Just the opposite. I wear a C width on the Modified Last and a B or A on other lasts (more A than B). On the other hand, I wear a length of 9 in the Modified and it is usuall 10-10.5 in other lasts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read