Does it look like the order will go forward?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:40 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read - Page 56post #826 of 11481/23/13 at 12:39pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #827 of 11481/23/13 at 2:33pm
I hope to know by Friday. Alden is doing some research. My guess is that there is some confusion regarding the leather. Alden "Kudu" is an oiled nubuck. However, I'm pretty sure what we want is "Kudu" CXL which is more of a color designation than it is a leather. I will keep everyone updated.post #828 of 11481/23/13 at 3:05pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by PhiPsi32
I hope to know by Friday. Alden is doing some research. My guess is that there is some confusion regarding the leather. Alden "Kudu" is an oiled nubuck. However, I'm pretty sure what we want is "Kudu" CXL which is more of a color designation than it is a leather. I will keep everyone updated.
I agree...can we send them a picture of the LS Kudu so we can eliminate the confusion?
I'm actually okay if we switch this order to natural chromexcel as well.post #829 of 11481/23/13 at 6:58pmpost #830 of 11481/23/13 at 7:57pmpost #831 of 11481/23/13 at 8:32pmpost #832 of 11481/23/13 at 8:34pmpost #833 of 11481/23/13 at 8:57pmpost #834 of 11481/23/13 at 9:17pmpost #835 of 11481/24/13 at 10:43amLast time I was at Moulded Shoe I think they have a CXL Indy boot on the modified last in-stock.post #836 of 11481/24/13 at 11:06ampost #837 of 11481/25/13 at 7:42am
The order page has been updated
Last: Modified Last
Pattern: Indy Boot - As #41146H
Upper:SAME LEATHER AS #40505
Eyelets: 5 AGA 4 HOOKS
Lining: Full Leather Linings
Soles: Brown Neoprene - As #41146H
Heels: L/R Erco Modified Last Heels
Welting: Natural Storm to Heel
Packaging: Alden of New England
SAME COLOR THREAD ON VAMP AS #40505post #838 of 11481/25/13 at 11:03am
In regards to our Kudu Indy boot MTO from Moulded Shoe, I got the email from Rafael at MS also. I appreciate that he (and you as well, PhiPsi32) keeps us updated. This whole back and forth got me confused so I did some research. Some things I learned (and others I knew but had forgotten):
- There are a huge number of types of CXL that are made. And CXL can actually be made of horse hide in addition to cow hide, according to Nick Horween.
- Kudu is officially a type of CXL. It is based on Plainsman CXL, which is a "duller version with a more pronounced grain character".
- The difference between Kudu and Plainsman is that Kudu is hand-oiled.
- Some of the confusion may have arisen because Leather Soul had two similar MTOs. One was the "Ultimate Indy" which was made from brown CXL leather. They also had a "Kudu Ultimate Indy", which was made from Kudu CXL. The color of the LS Kudu CXL Indy boots were darker than their plain Ultimate Indy in brown CXL, which had more of a mahogany tint to them.
The picture that Moulded Shoe shows of the 40505 is kind of confusing to me. It almost looks like it's an oiled suede/nubuck. The other pictures Rafael shows for reference do not look like that but how I presume Kudu CXL would actually look. The picture of the 40505 looks more like Huntsman (Waxed Flesh) CXL which is "finished on the flesh side, giving it a slicked-down-suede look". Or maybe Stampede CXL --- "a matte nubuck finish".
Regardless, I am happy with whichever of the above variations we end up with. I think either of them will look awesome. And I'm wearing my natural CXL Indy's on the ML today and I can see that the oils from the CXL have darkened the white apron stitching somewhat but I actually like that as it gives the boots character.
Now it's just the waiting...post #839 of 11481/25/13 at 11:24am
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF FEB... 29 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones Islay. UK7.5, brand new. 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Anyone ever hear of Cobbler Union? 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Video Games 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...