Does it look like the order will go forward?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read - Page 56post #826 of 11921/23/13 at 12:39pmpost #827 of 11921/23/13 at 2:33pm
I hope to know by Friday. Alden is doing some research. My guess is that there is some confusion regarding the leather. Alden "Kudu" is an oiled nubuck. However, I'm pretty sure what we want is "Kudu" CXL which is more of a color designation than it is a leather. I will keep everyone updated.post #828 of 11921/23/13 at 3:05pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by PhiPsi32
I hope to know by Friday. Alden is doing some research. My guess is that there is some confusion regarding the leather. Alden "Kudu" is an oiled nubuck. However, I'm pretty sure what we want is "Kudu" CXL which is more of a color designation than it is a leather. I will keep everyone updated.
I agree...can we send them a picture of the LS Kudu so we can eliminate the confusion?
I'm actually okay if we switch this order to natural chromexcel as well.post #829 of 11921/23/13 at 6:58pmpost #830 of 11921/23/13 at 7:57pmpost #831 of 11921/23/13 at 8:32pmpost #832 of 11921/23/13 at 8:34pmpost #833 of 11921/23/13 at 8:57pmpost #834 of 11921/23/13 at 9:17pmpost #835 of 11921/24/13 at 10:43amLast time I was at Moulded Shoe I think they have a CXL Indy boot on the modified last in-stock.post #836 of 11921/24/13 at 11:06ampost #837 of 11921/25/13 at 7:42am
The order page has been updated
Last: Modified Last
Pattern: Indy Boot - As #41146H
Upper:SAME LEATHER AS #40505
Eyelets: 5 AGA 4 HOOKS
Lining: Full Leather Linings
Soles: Brown Neoprene - As #41146H
Heels: L/R Erco Modified Last Heels
Welting: Natural Storm to Heel
Packaging: Alden of New England
SAME COLOR THREAD ON VAMP AS #40505post #838 of 11921/25/13 at 11:03am
In regards to our Kudu Indy boot MTO from Moulded Shoe, I got the email from Rafael at MS also. I appreciate that he (and you as well, PhiPsi32) keeps us updated. This whole back and forth got me confused so I did some research. Some things I learned (and others I knew but had forgotten):
- There are a huge number of types of CXL that are made. And CXL can actually be made of horse hide in addition to cow hide, according to Nick Horween.
- Kudu is officially a type of CXL. It is based on Plainsman CXL, which is a "duller version with a more pronounced grain character".
- The difference between Kudu and Plainsman is that Kudu is hand-oiled.
- Some of the confusion may have arisen because Leather Soul had two similar MTOs. One was the "Ultimate Indy" which was made from brown CXL leather. They also had a "Kudu Ultimate Indy", which was made from Kudu CXL. The color of the LS Kudu CXL Indy boots were darker than their plain Ultimate Indy in brown CXL, which had more of a mahogany tint to them.
The picture that Moulded Shoe shows of the 40505 is kind of confusing to me. It almost looks like it's an oiled suede/nubuck. The other pictures Rafael shows for reference do not look like that but how I presume Kudu CXL would actually look. The picture of the 40505 looks more like Huntsman (Waxed Flesh) CXL which is "finished on the flesh side, giving it a slicked-down-suede look". Or maybe Stampede CXL --- "a matte nubuck finish".
Regardless, I am happy with whichever of the above variations we end up with. I think either of them will look awesome. And I'm wearing my natural CXL Indy's on the ML today and I can see that the oils from the CXL have darkened the white apron stitching somewhat but I actually like that as it gives the boots character.
Now it's just the waiting...post #839 of 11921/25/13 at 11:24ampost #840 of 11923/8/13 at 7:53amThread Starter
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 17 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 17 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 23 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 24 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 28 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 32 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 32 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 35 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 35 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...