or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read - Page 41

post #601 of 1026
^ That's a different page than the one I pulled the pics from. That page actually does say they're on the Modified. Also, the toe box is clearly Modified and not Barrie.
post #602 of 1026

Ah, thank you for the clarification.  This potentially opens up new opportunities.

post #603 of 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

The Modified really suits saddles. This offering from Silver & Gold have a fantastic shape. Interesting too that they have a close heel and storm welt.
44419160.jpg
44419160_o3.jpg
\

There is a pattern on the ML in the Footbalance Catalogue - This is the shoe:
http://www.aldenshoe.com/cat_ortho_mod_598.htm

I think Moulded would consider this but again - not in Shell.

Alden is only making two styles for regular runs on the FB line - The V-Tip and Captoe. Everything else is a special make-up - however, if you can create a shoe from the catalogue, it is possible:

http://www.aldenshoe.com/cat_ortho_mod.htm

Variations of these models should look familiar to those involved in this thread.
post #604 of 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

The Modified really suits saddles. This offering from Silver & Gold have a fantastic shape. Interesting too that they have a close heel and storm welt.
44419160.jpg
44419160_o3.jpg
where to buy this?
post #605 of 1026
Does a color #8 longwing exist in the modified last? I know they have a pebble version on the Alden website, but I have no even been able to find an image online (from anatomica or anywhere else). Maybe I just fail at the the internet.
post #606 of 1026

Where exactly did you see a #8 longwing?

post #607 of 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

Where exactly did you see a #8 longwing?

i own a pebble longwing in a modified.
never saw a #8

post #608 of 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzer View Post

i own a pebble longwing in a modified.
never saw a #8
Same, though mine is in Alpine, which is slightly different than pebble. Are you sure yours is pebble?

See here: http://www.aldenshoe.com/cat_ortho_mod_587.htm
post #609 of 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Same, though mine is in Alpine, which is slightly different than pebble. Are you sure yours is pebble?
See here: http://www.aldenshoe.com/cat_ortho_mod_587.htm

maybe you are correct!
http://mouldedshoe.tumblr.com/page/9

my babies http://www.styleforum.net/t/234635/alden-modified-last-if-you-wear-or-are-interested-please-read/180#post_5293486
Edited by luzer - 9/6/12 at 4:49pm
post #610 of 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Same, though mine is in Alpine, which is slightly different than pebble. Are you sure yours is pebble? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

i know luzer's as italian scotch/pebble grain, if this makes any sense. ages wonderful. highly recommended.
post #611 of 1026
Took a few photos a while back while saphiring up the shells a bit, ended up forgetting to take "after" photos but thought I'd post these anyways with ok iPhone quality. Got this on the forum as seconds, ravello ptb from Anatomica
tumblr_ma4eb2uAd21qb0bszo1_500.jpg
tumblr_ma4eapLWhb1qb0bszo1_500.jpg
tumblr_ma4e77Psca1qb0bszo1_500.jpg
With a few other shoes: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
tumblr_ma4e3jJPvZ1qb0bszo1_500.jpg
tumblr_ma4evabuQP1qb0bszo1_500.jpg
tumblr_ma4f04Vf6r1qb0bszo1_500.jpg
post #612 of 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Took a few photos a while back while saphiring up the shells a bit, ended up forgetting to take "after" photos but thought I'd post these anyways with ok iPhone quality. Got this on the forum as seconds, ravello ptb from Anatomica
tumblr_ma4eb2uAd21qb0bszo1_500.jpg
tumblr_ma4eapLWhb1qb0bszo1_500.jpg
tumblr_ma4e77Psca1qb0bszo1_500.jpg
With a few other shoes: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
tumblr_ma4e3jJPvZ1qb0bszo1_500.jpg
tumblr_ma4evabuQP1qb0bszo1_500.jpg
tumblr_ma4f04Vf6r1qb0bszo1_500.jpg

beauty!
what last relative size are you double monks?
i cant find a last that fits my narrow heel!
post #613 of 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzer View Post

beauty!
what last relative size are you double monks?
i cant find a last that fits my narrow heel!

I wear a 10.5 modified (just a bit longer than ideal fit with thin socks) an took 10UK in the HIro last for the Meermin dub monks. Width is good, heel is smaller as well and a pretty goo got overall. Again though maybe .25 size length too long
post #614 of 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

I wear a 10.5 modified (just a bit longer than ideal fit with thin socks) an took 10UK in the HIro last for the Meermin dub monks. Width is good, heel is smaller as well and a pretty goo got overall. Again though maybe .25 size length too long
This sounds pretty cool.
post #615 of 1026
Modified Last shoes paired with La Cordenerrie Anglaise EM500 shoe trees





The skinny profile of EM500 fits into the gnarly interior of a MA shoes quite easily, and gives adequate front-end pressure
This pairing was actually suggested by a guy working for R&D, the distributor of LCA products in Japan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read