cheers fritzl, looks like I've got a thread to read through.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 5:20 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read - Page 34post #496 of 11487/17/12 at 11:31am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #497 of 11487/17/12 at 11:38ampost #498 of 11487/17/12 at 1:10pmpost #499 of 11487/17/12 at 1:12pmpost #500 of 11487/17/12 at 1:14pmpost #501 of 11487/17/12 at 4:14pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks... you can e-mail them if you want... I did everything by e-mail with Charles, he was awesome and his English is excellent....post #502 of 11487/17/12 at 4:20pmQuote:
Agreed. Corresponded with Charles entirely by email a couple of weeks ago; sadly they were out of my size in these and cigar and don't anticipate more in either for a couple of years. That said, others in the 10ish size range have been successful the past month, though based on my interaction with Charles, stock is extremely limited so now is the time to inquire.post #503 of 11487/17/12 at 4:26pmpost #504 of 11487/17/12 at 4:28pmpost #505 of 11487/17/12 at 6:06pmpost #506 of 11487/17/12 at 6:10pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by fritzl
we'll work it out. with respect to roguls, i will hold back until we have green light.
understood, there's no guarantee that my advice will work. there's always a bit of try and error involved. ad hoc: due dilligence and doing your homework are important parameters to reach this goal.
actually, you can discuss some points in the AH thread. shoe lovers are always welcome.
thank you for your understanding.
I'm certainly willing. Alden completely disregarded a very real interest in this project (albeit Rafael may have "jumped the gun" a bit). As it stands, Alden is scoffing at most MTO projects, and it seems they are particularly unwilling to deal in the Modified.
I've been fawning over Vass for awhile now; any other options would be fantastic. Let's play.post #507 of 11487/17/12 at 6:13pmThread Starterpost #508 of 11487/17/12 at 6:14pmpost #509 of 11487/17/12 at 6:23pmpost #510 of 11487/18/12 at 9:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Roguls
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I'm certainly willing. Alden completely disregarded a very real interest in this project (albeit Rafael may have "jumped the gun" a bit). As it stands, Alden is scoffing at most MTO projects, and it seems they are particularly unwilling to deal in the Modified.Let's play.
I've been fawning over Vass for awhile now; any other options would be fantastic.
alright. pls, let me prepare myself doing additional homework and some deeper research before i lay out my ideas on this.
actually there is one or another project sleeping in my drawer. will wake it up and get back to you(all).
in the meantime can someone guide me to some inside shots of an Alden on the ML last. this would be extremly helpful, thanks.
also take a look in the Austro-Hungarian thread for some inspiration, if you please.
Edited by fritzl - 7/18/12 at 10:11am
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 55 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...