or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read - Page 32

post #466 of 1020
^ I may be interested. Did Moulded give you an idea of when these may be delivered?
post #467 of 1020

I'm guessing "standard" delivery window of 12-18 months from the date of order.  However, I have heard from other Alden dealers that special orders have been coming as early as 9 months.

 

I'm also estimating a price of $565.  Of course, I can't confirm anything at this juncture.

post #468 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by vezatron View Post


Please give us your impressions of the forest last once the shoes arrive.

11 uk forest last feels much smaller than 11.5 d modified. My big toe is hitting the toebox wall. They are going back to epaulet. Beautiful shoes though, I'll try a 11.5 UK when available.

post #469 of 1020

Are you a 12 TTS?

post #470 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

Are you a 12 TTS?

Yes, with a pretty low instep/flexible arch.

post #471 of 1020

Sounds like my foot.  As previously posted, I wear TTS in the Modified.  Sounds like you need to stay TTS on the Forrest last.  Please update if you find one that fits.  I am also looking for a Forrest last shoe.

post #472 of 1020

DSC_0008.JPGDSC_0010.JPGDSC_0012.JPGDSC_0006.JPG

 

Plain cap toe #8 from shoemart seconds list maiden voyage today. The arch area on the left shoe was pretty wrinkly, enough to make me pause and think about sending them back for a few days... but I decided to pull the trigger today. Anyone know about the retailer these were made for, Bellerose?

post #473 of 1020

Sweet!  Bellerose is some European company.  Congratulations!  I will continue to hope that some shell Modified shows up in my size.

 

I don't suppose you're in the market for a Kudu Indy boot, eh?

post #474 of 1020

Sorry... I'm good to go on casual boots right now. Need to dress it up a bit.

post #475 of 1020

Just checking  .  .  .

post #476 of 1020
post #477 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

Yes, this. This is the reason for this thread.

yes, i got that and no derailment intended.

i have a basic question, though.

why are you putting so much efforts into alden's and at the same time you ignore similar offers from other makers who have some of these models in their portfolio. i for myself am always open for a look over the edge of the plate..
post #478 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

yes, i got that and no derailment intended.
i have a basic question, though.
why are you putting so much efforts into alden's and at the same time you ignore similar offers from other makers who have some of these models in their portfolio. i for myself am always open for a look over the edge of the plate..

At least for me, the issue is the unique last, more than that it's Alden. I'd love to find an alternative, though I'm not aware of any (maybe Vass?).

So herrmj says above of the Carmina Forest (which I'm curious about as well, but the Rain doesn't work for me):
Quote:
11 uk forest last feels much smaller than 11.5 d modified. My big toe is hitting the toebox wall.

I often run into this "big toe is hitting the toebox wall" problem (though not with the Modified), so wonder if it's just size, or the last shape.
post #479 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

yes, i got that and no derailment intended.
i have a basic question, though.
why are you putting so much efforts into alden's and at the same time you ignore similar offers from other makers who have some of these models in their portfolio. i for myself am always open for a look over the edge of the plate..

I don't think anyone here necessarily wants to deal with Alden (they take forever, have random limitations) but rather it's the Modified last that people want and need. Other shoes just don't fit properly -- It's a lousy predicament to be stuck with such a limited menu. If anyone knows of a another maker's last that fits even remotely similar to the Modified's heel and arch, I would love to know what it is. I suspect that if there is something similar out there, it's from an Austro-Hungarian maker, but getting there for a fitting is rather difficult. Fritzl, I think you should pick up a pair of Modified last shoes to see how unique the last is.
post #480 of 1020
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King View Post

I don't think anyone here necessarily wants to deal with Alden (they take forever, have random limitations) but rather it's the Modified last that people want and need. Other shoes just don't fit properly -- It's a lousy predicament to be stuck with such a limited menu. If anyone knows of a another maker's last that fits even remotely similar to the Modified's heel and arch, I would love to know what it is. I suspect that if there is something similar out there, it's from an Austro-Hungarian maker, but getting there for a fitting is rather difficult. Fritzl, I think you should pick up a pair of Modified last shoes to see how unique the last is.

Yep, this exactly. I tried the forest from Carmina - it fits well, but not like the Modified. Perhaps Alden will expand or business will slow eventually, and there will be an opening for us. Otherwise, it seems the rare shell will be for the Euro/Japan market.

Herm, those cap toes are excellent.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read