You can get VAT off if you buy in store in Paris, then go get a VAT refund at airport...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on Yesterday at 1:57 am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 12/7/13 at 11:20am in Classic Menswear
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read - Page 31
Styles mentioned in this thread:
Some retail shops do this. For example, Frans Boone quotes prices outside the EU at -19%. Carmina's Web store only subtracts about 16%, but perhaps that's because it's also the manufacturer.
Checking into it, it seems the VAT refund is not always equal to the VAT. In France for example it may only be 12-15%. But on "luxury goods" it can be higher. I see the information on getting a VAT refund while visiting France, but I haven't found much on VAT refunds for export. I just see some notes indicating that the business does not have to charge VAT on exports. It is possible that Anatomica does not participate in the merchant program that facilitates VAT exonerations or exemptions. More research may be warranted.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
half size is nothing. go from there...
Sure... I ordered size 10D.....
Kolecho, the chukka at the bottom here is on the Barrie last. If you look really closely, it's the first thing they say about it in the caption (バリー・ラスト = Barrie Last). The only shoes on the modified last in the pic above are (from the top) the 1st, 3rd and 5th shoes.
I still have never seen a chukka on the Modified last but there could be one out there somewhere I suppose.
For all the forum lurkers curious about the Modified last, I have had a chance to test drive these shoes. They are my first on the Modified last. Let me say that they are excellent in terms of fit. They feature a taller heel cup vs. the Barrie last and the counters are taller and wider to provide additional support. If you are on the fence, I would suggest that this is a good time to sign on to the petition.
Count me in also if this is feasible.
I am investigating. More to follow when information is available.
Moulded will place the order. The caveat may be the commando sole. Alden doesn't like to do the commando on the Modified last (probably due to it's odd shape).
Here is an opportunity to do something just a little bit different. Let me know if you would like to sign onto the project.
Edited by PhiPsi32 - 7/16/12 at 8:05am
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read
Styles mentioned in this thread:
- Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan LongwingNo reviews yet.
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 54 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 20140307: DocHolliday's White Shirt Blues 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Viberg for Styleforummarket MTO Makeup: Brown CXL Derby 1 minute ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw