Hmmm, I see. I would think there would be a way to do this by mail.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 11:27 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read - Page 31
Styleforum Top Pickspost #452 of 11487/10/12 at 7:32pmQuote:
Some retail shops do this. For example, Frans Boone quotes prices outside the EU at -19%. Carmina's Web store only subtracts about 16%, but perhaps that's because it's also the manufacturer.post #453 of 11487/10/12 at 7:38pm
Checking into it, it seems the VAT refund is not always equal to the VAT. In France for example it may only be 12-15%. But on "luxury goods" it can be higher. I see the information on getting a VAT refund while visiting France, but I haven't found much on VAT refunds for export. I just see some notes indicating that the business does not have to charge VAT on exports. It is possible that Anatomica does not participate in the merchant program that facilitates VAT exonerations or exemptions. More research may be warranted.post #454 of 11487/10/12 at 9:29pmpost #455 of 11487/11/12 at 2:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Mike147
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I think that this pair is just too big and I might be fucked... They were a special make-up, single pair, so I'm stuck with them.There is one very good shop in Manhattan i will try to consult on the fit....
half size is nothing. go from there...post #456 of 11487/11/12 at 5:21amThread Starterpost #457 of 11487/11/12 at 9:33amQuote:Quote:
Sure... I ordered size 10D.....post #458 of 11487/13/12 at 10:16amQuote:
Kolecho, the chukka at the bottom here is on the Barrie last. If you look really closely, it's the first thing they say about it in the caption (バリー・ラスト = Barrie Last). The only shoes on the modified last in the pic above are (from the top) the 1st, 3rd and 5th shoes.
I still have never seen a chukka on the Modified last but there could be one out there somewhere I suppose.post #459 of 11487/14/12 at 3:53pmQuote:
For all the forum lurkers curious about the Modified last, I have had a chance to test drive these shoes. They are my first on the Modified last. Let me say that they are excellent in terms of fit. They feature a taller heel cup vs. the Barrie last and the counters are taller and wider to provide additional support. If you are on the fence, I would suggest that this is a good time to sign on to the petition.post #460 of 11487/15/12 at 4:12pmpost #461 of 11487/15/12 at 4:45pmpost #462 of 11487/15/12 at 5:26pmpost #463 of 11487/15/12 at 6:14pmQuote:
Count me in also if this is feasible.post #464 of 11487/15/12 at 9:17pm
I am investigating. More to follow when information is available.
Moulded will place the order. The caveat may be the commando sole. Alden doesn't like to do the commando on the Modified last (probably due to it's odd shape).
Here is an opportunity to do something just a little bit different. Let me know if you would like to sign onto the project.
Edited by PhiPsi32 - 7/16/12 at 8:05am
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 15 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 22 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 28 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 30 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Rudy pants size 32 navy and charcoal gray (unworn) 36 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.