especially in the US
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read - Page 19post #271 of 11926/13/12 at 8:13pmpost #272 of 11926/13/12 at 8:17pmpost #273 of 11926/14/12 at 12:58amI'm confused. I was under the impression that this whole thread was in response to the fact that Alden barred American retailers from ordering Modified last shoes in shell cordovan. While one (or more?) models at Moulded Shoe were grandfathered in, the general rule was no shell on modified. Then, out of left field, Leffot with shell on modified. What gives?
Agree that this shoe is not going to drop any jaws. But still very nice. I tried this on in a black calf version the other day, and I promise you this shell version is way way more appealing.post #274 of 11926/14/12 at 6:32ampost #275 of 11926/14/12 at 8:35ampost #276 of 11926/14/12 at 1:41pm
Maybe. Although I'm not sure that there were any specific requests for a V-Tip anywhere. However, my understanding was the problem was with Alden (i.e. that Alden would not allow retailers to order Modified shell makeups), and, for that reason, our petition was targeted at Alden. It just seems like the appearance of this shoe negates the whole premise of this thread and petition. Perhaps the more appropriate strategy is to petition retailers?post #277 of 11926/14/12 at 2:42pmpost #278 of 11926/14/12 at 5:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Kashiwa
Maybe. Although I'm not sure that there were any specific requests for a V-Tip anywhere. However, my understanding was the problem was with Alden (i.e. that Alden would not allow retailers to order Modified shell makeups), and, for that reason, our petition was targeted at Alden. It just seems like the appearance of this shoe negates the whole premise of this thread and petition. Perhaps the more appropriate strategy is to petition retailers?
No. Moulded went out on a limb after someone from this thread contacted Raphael at Moulded. He contacted Alden to try and get them to agree to a Styleforum makeup in Shell - both a boot and shoe. He was rejected outright.
I will continue to garner signatures. When I hit 75, I'll get information from the members (I'll need locations, so Alden knows there is a market in the US for the modified last).
The Shoe Mart does the modified last as well, and has #8 and black shell models.
This thread is really to try and get a RARE shell color makeup. Cigar, Ravello, Whiskey, etc.
If you notice, the only retailer in the world, I believe, that has rare shell color makeups is Anatomica in Paris.post #279 of 11926/14/12 at 5:16pmI see. Thanks for the clarification. I based my above comments and questions on the first post of the thread, and I just went back and read it over again. Although the term "rare shell" is not used, I guess the notion of special order and custom makeup is meant to stand in for it.
No idea why the Moulded Shoe special order was "rejected outright" (or what rejected outright entails), but it still seems like having Alden retailers on board with the gist of this petition could only help the cause.post #280 of 11926/14/12 at 6:08pmpost #281 of 11926/15/12 at 4:38ampost #282 of 11926/15/12 at 1:33pmpost #283 of 11926/15/12 at 8:42pmQuote:
I don't think that Anatomica is the only retailer with rare shell makeups on the modified last. Shops like Lakota House and Hummingbird's Hill in Japan also carry rare shell in the Modifed last from time to time. I recently visited Hummingbird's Hill and nearly every Alden (90%+) was on the modified, including a few special makeups such as the color 8 x whiskey v-tip below.
http://hbhs.jugem.jp/?cid=6post #284 of 11926/15/12 at 8:47pmpost #285 of 11926/15/12 at 9:03pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 1284 Active Users (280 Members and 1004 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › BUTTON SETS! SHIRT STUDS! Holland & Sherry, Benson & Clegg, Gold... 2 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › SPECTACULAR $5300 STEFANO RICCI 3/4 LENGTH LEATHER COAT-MINT-EU... 14 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 15 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 24 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...