or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read - Page 14

post #196 of 1020
Thread Starter 
It's been over a year now, but we are encroaching 50. Once I get fifty, I'll draft a formal letter to Alden and see if we can get Moulded a license to make at least one (hopefully more) shell makeups in cordovan.
post #197 of 1020
Add me on as well
post #198 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium214 View Post

Add me on as well

Me too.
post #199 of 1020
Thread Starter 
Updated. We need more names.
post #200 of 1020
Are you planning to write the letter only expressing interest in boots, or more in the general idea of custom shell makeups?

I ask because I really want this shoe (maybe ideally in cigar), and so would encourage the latter approach!

172
Edited by sm31 - 5/4/12 at 7:07pm
post #201 of 1020
Those shoes are exactly what I'm after as well.
post #202 of 1020
Count me in.
post #203 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm31 View Post

Are you planning to write the letter only expressing interest in boots, or more in the general idea of custom shell makeups?
I ask because I really want this shoe (maybe ideally in cigar), and so would encourage the latter approach!
172

i am wearing a pair today. I bought them from Moulded Shoe. I am pretty sure they were rejects from stock made for the Japanese market (like Shoemart sells), but they denied it and said the circled R mark was to be allowed them to be sold in the U.S.
post #204 of 1020
Cigar PTB in Modified last???? inlove.gif
post #205 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

i am wearing a pair today. I bought them from Moulded Shoe. I am pretty sure they were rejects from stock made for the Japanese market (like Shoemart sells) ....

Interesting. When was this?
post #206 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm31 View Post

Interesting. When was this?

Several years ago. I am not sure how many, but long enough that I had to have them resoled. Maybe four years, maybe five, maybe three.
I don't think I have seen Moulded carry rejects since. At the time I bought these, I got a few other pairs of shell Modified Last shoes from them, all marked with the R in a circle on the sole. I can't remember for sure which I got from there and which I got from Shoemart.
post #207 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

I am pretty sure they were rejects from stock made for the Japanese market (like Shoemart sells), but they denied it and said the circled R mark was to be allowed them to be sold in the U.S.

It is possible those shoes were made for Anatomica in Paris.

All their Alden shoes are made on the 'modified last' and most designs (maybe all) come in shell cordovan. The owner Monsieur Fournier believes passionately in the modified last and the infallibility of the Brannock device.

http://www.anatomica.fr/

http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2009/10/26/mister-mort-trend-report-anatomica-paris/
post #208 of 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post

It is possible those shoes were made for Anatomica in Paris.
All their Alden shoes are made on the 'modified last' and most designs (maybe all) come in shell cordovan. The owner Monsieur Fournier believes passionately in the modified last and the infallibility of the Brannock device.
http://www.anatomica.fr/
http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2009/10/26/mister-mort-trend-report-anatomica-paris/

Could be. All I know is that they were stamped as rejects - I assumed Japan, but you are right, Anatomica also gets Modified Last makeups.
post #209 of 1020
I really have to thank Roguls for the original post here. Based on it, I went to Moulded Shoe, tried, and bought a pair of short wings on the modified last. Prior to this I was settling for Johnston and Murphys because they were the only half-decent shoe whose footbeds I could rip out and replace with my orthotics. The modified Aldens have enough arch support that I have gone without the orthotics with no ill effects and obviously, Aldens are at least a cut above -- probably two cuts. The fellow at Moulded Shoe, Ron, couldn't have been more helpful and more of a gentleman. Thank you and as I said, please count me in on the petition.
post #210 of 1020

Roguls, please add me to the list.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read