• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harrisons Moonbeam recomendation

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a sports coat made up in one of the harrisons moonbeam fabrics but dont have access to the books and have seen few examples..

i want it to go equally as well casually with a pair of jeans, or for work with medium grey and charcoal pants (flannel).

Any recomendations?

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not ask Harrisons for samples from the book? Also some of the bunches can be viewed on their new website. It's a subset of the book, but gives you a general idea.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
email and ask them for some, they will post them out?

im fairly new to this kind of thing

p_b

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert
email and ask them for some, they will post them out?

This is exactly how I got their 'Glorious Twelfth' swatches.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright will do.

But in the mean time, anyone want to suggest any of the colour/patterns which would do what i want it to do?

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual jeans and grey trousers are the most neutral trousers to throw any SC over. To paraphrase Flusser: if you can't envisage your SC with grey trousers or jeans, step away. I would personally think all of them suitable. If it were my money, I'd seriously think about the brown with navy check or one of the herringbones

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's just such a large range of different patterns that it would be impossible to make any specific recommendations without any knowledge of your personal tastes, ideas for what kind of commission you're planning, etc. Do you have any images of sports coats that have inspired you?

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maccimus
I like all of them..

my problem
laugh.gif

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
There is a beautiful mid-dark brown with a navy windowpane that a useless Asian tailor completely fukked up for me that sounds like it'll suit your purpose well.

Anyway, here is the entire book in high res. Enjoy.

I think there is more to the book than that. there's herringbone with purple and blue stripes at least...

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
There is a beautiful mid-dark brown with a navy windowpane that a useless Asian tailor completely fukked up for me that sounds like it'll suit your purpose well.

Anyway, here is the entire book in high res. Enjoy.

36510?

i love all the windowpanes in that shot
drool.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads