or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Consider the Lobster
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Consider the Lobster - Page 4

post #46 of 123
in the refined world, we call that "tomalley".
post #47 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post
butter-poaching is a pretty easy technique ... you just blanch the lobster in the shell, take the meat out and then cook the lobster in butter at roughly 180 degrees. keller did a column for me years ago on it, but i can't find it. here's a good step-by-step from steamy kitchen ... she does a good job.

this sounds soo good
post #48 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post
butter-poaching is a pretty easy technique ... you just blanch the lobster in the shell, take the meat out and then cook the lobster in butter at roughly 180 degrees. keller did a column for me years ago on it, but i can't find it. here's a good step-by-step from steamy kitchen ... she does a good job.


WANT
post #49 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post
butter-poaching is a pretty easy technique ... you just blanch the lobster in the shell, take the meat out and then cook the lobster in butter at roughly 180 degrees. keller did a column for me years ago on it, but i can't find it. here's a good step-by-step from steamy kitchen ... she does a good job.
That's a pretty cool site. better than most.
post #50 of 123
I've basically only done the butter poach. Easy and good. Wastes/uses a hell of a lot of butter.
post #51 of 123
I have a friend who microwaves them in a bag. She claims they remain juicier.
post #52 of 123
Interesting read but in the end I couldn't care less about their feelings. Boil them, stab them, they all partying in my stomach. +1 on the "Nebraska Beef Fesitval". If I have to watch cows go down a ramp to slaughter before I get a morsel, so be it. Just food prep. +1 on black dog too ; )
post #53 of 123
Here they come to snuff the lobster, aww yeah, hey yeah
Yeah here come the lobster, yeah
You know he ain't gonna die
No, no, no, ya know he ain't gonna die
post #54 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by binge View Post
Here they come to snuff the lobster, aww yeah, hey yeah
Yeah here come the lobster, yeah
You know he ain't gonna die
No, no, no, ya know he ain't gonna die

But Layne did.
post #55 of 123
I found a place to get lobster super cheap. I have killed four this week.
post #56 of 123
Is the prefered method: 1) Put in cold water and bring to boil 2) Put in boiling water 3) Steam?
post #57 of 123
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
But Layne did.
Oh come on. Alice in Chains nostalgia? Is there even a memorial t-shirt for him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by changy View Post
Is the prefered method: 1) Put in cold water and bring to boil 2) Put in boiling water 3) Steam?
Boy do I never get tired of that avatar.
post #58 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by changy View Post
Is the prefered method:
1) Put in cold water and bring to boil
2) Put in boiling water
3) Steam?

2 for most people, 3 for others.
post #59 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post
Oh come on. Alice in Chains nostalgia? Is there even a memorial t-shirt for him?

20 years ago I was young, buff, and cool...with a full head of hair. Let me have my moment, man.
post #60 of 123
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
20 years ago I was young, buff, and cool...with a full head of hair. Let me have my moment, man.

Meat Puppets are a band worth mourning. If Curt Kirkwood was dead.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Consider the Lobster