Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 570post #8536 of 787217/27/11 at 10:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8537 of 787217/27/11 at 10:38ampost #8538 of 787217/27/11 at 10:54amThanks a lot guys - much appreciated.
kgmessier, the linen trousers are Zileri, a few years old now.
Unrefinery, the gingham is a good deal more noticeable IRL - the small pic and the image compression is mostly to blame, just like with the striped shirt in the first pic. That said, I don't disagree with your criticism, though for the time being I prefer to keep it simple with just a single, not too boldly patterned item.post #8539 of 787217/27/11 at 10:54ampost #8540 of 787217/27/11 at 11:11am
Thanks, HF. It has taken lots of time with my tailor to find the proportions I like.Quote:
Reaffirms that I need a pair of nice white linen trousers.
My recent switch of profession now allows me to wear whatever I want, so I like to keep the suit slightly more casual, as those around me are wearing t-shirts etc.post #8541 of 787217/27/11 at 11:28ampost #8542 of 787217/27/11 at 11:28ampost #8543 of 787217/27/11 at 11:59amQuote:
alright, i was talking about the shoes and not the suit, anyway.
imo, the last is not flattering for your frame. actually, we had this discussion before, so i won't stretch it unnecessarily.post #8544 of 787217/27/11 at 12:03pmQuote:
I understood you were talking about the shoes. I meant that I prefer to keep the suit more casual by wearing a casual shoe. I remember your comments about the last and I guess I disagree because I am bulky enough. I feel like a bulky shoe wont help. I have a few pairs of shoes with a weightier last but I never wear them.post #8545 of 787217/27/11 at 12:28pmpost #8546 of 787217/27/11 at 12:34pm
You do go in for the costume. At least you have a sense of humor.
one of my favorite suits of yours, G.Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
More... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Too wintery, Spoo.post #8547 of 787217/27/11 at 12:35pmpost #8548 of 787217/27/11 at 1:10pmQuote:Thanks. The polo is from Sunspel in a plain t-shirt like fabric. It most resembles what they call their 'Jersey Polo Shirt', except mine has 3 (smoked MoP) buttons, whereas the current one is a 2 button. It fits me better than the (also navy) 'Riviera'/007 one, which I had to have both shortened and slimmed.post #8549 of 787217/27/11 at 1:15pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Currently, there are 955 Active Users (153 Members and 802 Guests)
- › Official Sales Alert thread 33 seconds ago
- › JOHN LOBB BLACK TWO-EYELET DERBY UK 8E 14 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 16 minutes ago
- › SW&D Sneakers and Trainers Challenge: 1 August – 9 August 2015 17 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 20 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 26 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 28 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 30 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 35 minutes ago
- › Question: How To Properly Restore Saltwater-Soaked Chippewas 40 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...