Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 570post #8536 of 787227/27/11 at 10:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8537 of 787227/27/11 at 10:38ampost #8538 of 787227/27/11 at 10:54amThanks a lot guys - much appreciated.
kgmessier, the linen trousers are Zileri, a few years old now.
Unrefinery, the gingham is a good deal more noticeable IRL - the small pic and the image compression is mostly to blame, just like with the striped shirt in the first pic. That said, I don't disagree with your criticism, though for the time being I prefer to keep it simple with just a single, not too boldly patterned item.post #8539 of 787227/27/11 at 10:54ampost #8540 of 787227/27/11 at 11:11am
Thanks, HF. It has taken lots of time with my tailor to find the proportions I like.Quote:
Reaffirms that I need a pair of nice white linen trousers.
My recent switch of profession now allows me to wear whatever I want, so I like to keep the suit slightly more casual, as those around me are wearing t-shirts etc.post #8541 of 787227/27/11 at 11:28ampost #8542 of 787227/27/11 at 11:28ampost #8543 of 787227/27/11 at 11:59amQuote:
alright, i was talking about the shoes and not the suit, anyway.
imo, the last is not flattering for your frame. actually, we had this discussion before, so i won't stretch it unnecessarily.post #8544 of 787227/27/11 at 12:03pmQuote:
I understood you were talking about the shoes. I meant that I prefer to keep the suit more casual by wearing a casual shoe. I remember your comments about the last and I guess I disagree because I am bulky enough. I feel like a bulky shoe wont help. I have a few pairs of shoes with a weightier last but I never wear them.post #8545 of 787227/27/11 at 12:28pmpost #8546 of 787227/27/11 at 12:34pm
You do go in for the costume. At least you have a sense of humor.
one of my favorite suits of yours, G.Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
More... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Too wintery, Spoo.post #8547 of 787227/27/11 at 12:35pmpost #8548 of 787227/27/11 at 1:10pmQuote:Thanks. The polo is from Sunspel in a plain t-shirt like fabric. It most resembles what they call their 'Jersey Polo Shirt', except mine has 3 (smoked MoP) buttons, whereas the current one is a 2 button. It fits me better than the (also navy) 'Riviera'/007 one, which I had to have both shortened and slimmed.post #8549 of 787227/27/11 at 1:15pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1859 Active Users (495 Members and 1364 Guests)
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 29 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 37 seconds ago
- › Royal shirt company canada 39 seconds ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)