Right after I submitted I realized what my comment was actually saying. First time for everything I suppose.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 569
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8522 of 787217/27/11 at 8:58ampost #8523 of 787217/27/11 at 9:00ampost #8524 of 787217/27/11 at 9:03ampost #8525 of 787217/27/11 at 9:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Gdot
The problem is these super lightweight fabrics (which I do indeed enjoy in the heat of summer) just don't have enough strength to hold in the poofy square down flat and thus the whole front starts to buckle a bit. (Looks like this is what is happening on your fit today.)
Short of a cardboard insert does anyone have a proposed solution (other than a looser fit or heavier fabric - thank you).
Kent Wang's pocket squares are smaller and therefore less bulky than many other brands. They're also beautiful and not terribly expensive. Give 'em a try if you haven't already done so.
https://www.kentwang.com/pocket-squarespost #8526 of 787217/27/11 at 9:16amQuote:
I don't get this. It's a bespoke shirt, right? The shirtmaker is supposed to accommodate your body. It's not your fault for having a body that doesn't fit the shirt. It's the shirtmaker's fault for not making a shirt that fits your body.post #8527 of 787217/27/11 at 9:18am
Yes. Stop worring so much about it. Let the square rest as it may, and let the jacket respond accordingly. It'll all settle down through natural movement and pressure over the course of the day.
You jammy git. :p
Awesome fit and colors
Indeed! How on Earth did I miss seeing it first time round? Splendid colours and fit.
Quote:Originally Posted by ndw
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Your suits really do fit you very well.post #8528 of 787217/27/11 at 9:41ampost #8529 of 787217/27/11 at 9:48amQuote:
It is bespoke, and they did exactly what they were supposed to. I on the other hand have added some in the mean time. It's not their fault I tubbed up my gut.
I also tried it again after getting home, and found part of the problem was again me - my own habit of pulling my shirts around to my back. After leaving it be and just tucking in, it did not have the same problem. Doesn't change that I need to get back to my work out routine.post #8530 of 787217/27/11 at 10:01amStuff from a short trip to France. Travelling light, so mostly the same items in different combos. Sorry, but no close-ups so I've tried to provide some text info to give an idea...
Arriving in Goumois:
Flax/wool ½ lined navy coat, white linen PS, white/light blue striped cotton shirt, sand linen trou, dark brown suede belt and unlined chukka's
En route to Nuits-Saints-Georges:
Navy linen shirt, white hemp/cotton trou, blue/red/white striped canvas belt, white canvas plimsolls
Dropping in for an unplanned Chablis dégustation:
White trou and boots/belt from above with a white/navy small gingham cotton shirt
Arriving at small hotel in Paris:
Same day as above, so just the addition of the coat
In Reims, going to see the Cathedral:
Linen trou, canvas belt and suede boots from above, navy cotton polo, light grey wool knit
Random holiday pics (Click to show)post #8531 of 787217/27/11 at 10:05ampost #8532 of 787217/27/11 at 10:06ampost #8533 of 787217/27/11 at 10:16ampost #8534 of 787217/27/11 at 10:28ampost #8535 of 787217/27/11 at 10:33am
Agreed, it's like a textbook on how to distill your palette and choose versatile pieces to give yourself the most options when traveling.
Nice work, Kaplan. My only criticism at all would be the dearth of patterns. That gingham is so small that it basically reads as a solid. But really, great stuff all around.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Ambrosi Napoli 47 seconds ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 7 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 23 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 23 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 32 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...