Right after I submitted I realized what my comment was actually saying. First time for everything I suppose.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 569
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8522 of 787197/27/11 at 8:58ampost #8523 of 787197/27/11 at 9:00ampost #8524 of 787197/27/11 at 9:03ampost #8525 of 787197/27/11 at 9:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Gdot
The problem is these super lightweight fabrics (which I do indeed enjoy in the heat of summer) just don't have enough strength to hold in the poofy square down flat and thus the whole front starts to buckle a bit. (Looks like this is what is happening on your fit today.)
Short of a cardboard insert does anyone have a proposed solution (other than a looser fit or heavier fabric - thank you).
Kent Wang's pocket squares are smaller and therefore less bulky than many other brands. They're also beautiful and not terribly expensive. Give 'em a try if you haven't already done so.
https://www.kentwang.com/pocket-squarespost #8526 of 787197/27/11 at 9:16amQuote:
I don't get this. It's a bespoke shirt, right? The shirtmaker is supposed to accommodate your body. It's not your fault for having a body that doesn't fit the shirt. It's the shirtmaker's fault for not making a shirt that fits your body.post #8527 of 787197/27/11 at 9:18am
Yes. Stop worring so much about it. Let the square rest as it may, and let the jacket respond accordingly. It'll all settle down through natural movement and pressure over the course of the day.
You jammy git. :p
Awesome fit and colors
Indeed! How on Earth did I miss seeing it first time round? Splendid colours and fit.
Quote:Originally Posted by ndw
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Your suits really do fit you very well.post #8528 of 787197/27/11 at 9:41ampost #8529 of 787197/27/11 at 9:48amQuote:
It is bespoke, and they did exactly what they were supposed to. I on the other hand have added some in the mean time. It's not their fault I tubbed up my gut.
I also tried it again after getting home, and found part of the problem was again me - my own habit of pulling my shirts around to my back. After leaving it be and just tucking in, it did not have the same problem. Doesn't change that I need to get back to my work out routine.post #8530 of 787197/27/11 at 10:01amStuff from a short trip to France. Travelling light, so mostly the same items in different combos. Sorry, but no close-ups so I've tried to provide some text info to give an idea...
Arriving in Goumois:
Flax/wool ½ lined navy coat, white linen PS, white/light blue striped cotton shirt, sand linen trou, dark brown suede belt and unlined chukka's
En route to Nuits-Saints-Georges:
Navy linen shirt, white hemp/cotton trou, blue/red/white striped canvas belt, white canvas plimsolls
Dropping in for an unplanned Chablis dégustation:
White trou and boots/belt from above with a white/navy small gingham cotton shirt
Arriving at small hotel in Paris:
Same day as above, so just the addition of the coat
In Reims, going to see the Cathedral:
Linen trou, canvas belt and suede boots from above, navy cotton polo, light grey wool knit
Random holiday pics (Click to show)post #8531 of 787197/27/11 at 10:05ampost #8532 of 787197/27/11 at 10:06ampost #8533 of 787197/27/11 at 10:16ampost #8534 of 787197/27/11 at 10:28ampost #8535 of 787197/27/11 at 10:33am
Agreed, it's like a textbook on how to distill your palette and choose versatile pieces to give yourself the most options when traveling.
Nice work, Kaplan. My only criticism at all would be the dearth of patterns. That gingham is so small that it basically reads as a solid. But really, great stuff all around.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Vicuna Topcoat? 1 minute ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Missing posters 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?