Right after I submitted I realized what my comment was actually saying. First time for everything I suppose.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 569
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8522 of 787227/27/11 at 8:58ampost #8523 of 787227/27/11 at 9:00ampost #8524 of 787227/27/11 at 9:03ampost #8525 of 787227/27/11 at 9:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Gdot
The problem is these super lightweight fabrics (which I do indeed enjoy in the heat of summer) just don't have enough strength to hold in the poofy square down flat and thus the whole front starts to buckle a bit. (Looks like this is what is happening on your fit today.)
Short of a cardboard insert does anyone have a proposed solution (other than a looser fit or heavier fabric - thank you).
Kent Wang's pocket squares are smaller and therefore less bulky than many other brands. They're also beautiful and not terribly expensive. Give 'em a try if you haven't already done so.
https://www.kentwang.com/pocket-squarespost #8526 of 787227/27/11 at 9:16amQuote:
I don't get this. It's a bespoke shirt, right? The shirtmaker is supposed to accommodate your body. It's not your fault for having a body that doesn't fit the shirt. It's the shirtmaker's fault for not making a shirt that fits your body.post #8527 of 787227/27/11 at 9:18am
Yes. Stop worring so much about it. Let the square rest as it may, and let the jacket respond accordingly. It'll all settle down through natural movement and pressure over the course of the day.
You jammy git. :p
Awesome fit and colors
Indeed! How on Earth did I miss seeing it first time round? Splendid colours and fit.
Quote:Originally Posted by ndw
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Your suits really do fit you very well.post #8528 of 787227/27/11 at 9:41ampost #8529 of 787227/27/11 at 9:48amQuote:
It is bespoke, and they did exactly what they were supposed to. I on the other hand have added some in the mean time. It's not their fault I tubbed up my gut.
I also tried it again after getting home, and found part of the problem was again me - my own habit of pulling my shirts around to my back. After leaving it be and just tucking in, it did not have the same problem. Doesn't change that I need to get back to my work out routine.post #8530 of 787227/27/11 at 10:01amStuff from a short trip to France. Travelling light, so mostly the same items in different combos. Sorry, but no close-ups so I've tried to provide some text info to give an idea...
Arriving in Goumois:
Flax/wool ½ lined navy coat, white linen PS, white/light blue striped cotton shirt, sand linen trou, dark brown suede belt and unlined chukka's
En route to Nuits-Saints-Georges:
Navy linen shirt, white hemp/cotton trou, blue/red/white striped canvas belt, white canvas plimsolls
Dropping in for an unplanned Chablis dégustation:
White trou and boots/belt from above with a white/navy small gingham cotton shirt
Arriving at small hotel in Paris:
Same day as above, so just the addition of the coat
In Reims, going to see the Cathedral:
Linen trou, canvas belt and suede boots from above, navy cotton polo, light grey wool knit
Random holiday pics (Click to show)post #8531 of 787227/27/11 at 10:05ampost #8532 of 787227/27/11 at 10:06ampost #8533 of 787227/27/11 at 10:16ampost #8534 of 787227/27/11 at 10:28ampost #8535 of 787227/27/11 at 10:33am
Agreed, it's like a textbook on how to distill your palette and choose versatile pieces to give yourself the most options when traveling.
Nice work, Kaplan. My only criticism at all would be the dearth of patterns. That gingham is so small that it basically reads as a solid. But really, great stuff all around.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 11 minutes ago
- › Brown Chestnut Cashmere Cloth for Coating - 147 x 390 cm 12 minutes ago
- › 38 (36) - Double-Breasted VELVET SMOKING JACKET - Midnight Blue -... 12 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...