Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 561post #8401 of 787197/26/11 at 6:00ampost #8402 of 787197/26/11 at 6:16ampost #8403 of 787197/26/11 at 6:25ampost #8404 of 787197/26/11 at 6:31ampost #8405 of 787197/26/11 at 6:33amI like that coat and the colors are nice, Spoo. The shoes go particularly well with the color of the coat and trou. Tie looks all wrong to me, though. Washed out when everything else is a study in contrasts.
(I won't mention the pattern ... )
Would like a wider spread on that collar. Or something. Those long points are distracting.post #8406 of 787197/26/11 at 6:39ampost #8407 of 787197/26/11 at 6:41amQuote:Originally Posted by Gdot
Good to see you!
I've missed your posts of late.
I think your suit looks a-ok. It all seems well proportioned to me.
I'm not a fan of the shirt and tie as they appear in the photo - they seem a little weak to me. But I also suspect that is partially a function of the photo as well.
Most of all I'm just glad to see you 'round again.
Best - G
The tie was selected for sentimental reasons as much as its coordination with today's suit - it was a favorite of my late husband's, and I've been trying to figure out how to work it into one of my fits.
The color of the shirt and tie is a bit deeper than shows in the detail photo, and the texture of the weave of shirt, tie and suit are at variance with their appearance IRL - the weaves are smoother.
Thank you, G-Dot for the welcome back - it was good to take a hiatus, and it is good to be be back, if on an irregular basis (suit-wearing in a NYC summer is a sometimes thing).
BTW, add me to the list of worshippers of PhatG's suit today - way awesome.post #8408 of 787197/26/11 at 6:42am
I like this combination.
Jacket is made from flax?
Very beautiful photo and a combination of wardrobe items. As well as the rest of that frame! :)
I was engaged in many sports. Among them were various martial arts forms and also the power of athletics.
On the issue of Lofer: what do you mean?
Loafer, I mainly from C&J, Church, Cheaney.
About what you ask?post #8409 of 787197/26/11 at 6:51ampost #8410 of 787197/26/11 at 6:52amQuote:Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
It's a trap!
Lol, all jokes aside, I am up for this. Apart from being slightly masturbatory/egocentric/etc, I might learn something. Never mind the patronising nature (not really)/undercover nature of the post, that was/is the point, right? All that aside, it would be fun at least! I will write some bullet-points for positives and negatives, and then I'll write a small conclusion/note at the bottom—this may include small things that should be noted, or like you said, some in-your-shoes reasoning. I have gone home to my mum's to hang out with my little brother, who I don't get to see very often, so this may only really kick-start from Friday, which is when I go home!
Also, I would like to personally (and publicly) apologise to iammatt. If I was going to call you a douche, I should have been more specific/less bitchy about why I came to that conclusion. FWIW, I am tired of internet-morons, and I tend to shut off when I am faced with such people. I will retract my earlier statement that iammatt has no steez. I was wary about that in the first place (as I had no idea really), but what I meant was, from his comments, he came across as either being purposefully contrarian for the sake of it or just plain wrong, IMO. (This isn't sounding like a good apology, I know.) From those photos, he seems to dress well. That is what makes it even more difficult to understand his behaviour; he opposed a few/many of Spoo's fits, and not to get up Spoo's arse/get accused of that (), without giving any reasoning whatsoever! He must have known his reasoning would have been pretty specific, but he chose to act like a complete dummy! That said, I would like to put this e-bitch behind us, as I know most members tire of such things easily. I would just like to state that I like to stand up for things regardless of who is going to become tired of it, which I assume you have all gathered...
Anyway, I will start saving images/critiquing. I will be polite, concise and hopefully helpful!
If this threak idea does turn out to be some sort of trap, I won't mind, because I am only seeing it from a positive light, and therefore, I won't be embarrassed! (And I would really like to see detailed critiques from iammatt/everyone else, too!)
Excellent. I look forward to seeing your well reasoned and considered thoughts.post #8411 of 787197/26/11 at 6:53amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Your suits do have a shoulders, arms problem. But i really like this colours pattern.post #8412 of 787197/26/11 at 6:56am
Some interesting looks; welcome. Perhaps slightly larger pics would be helpful too.
You got a fair bit of stick for that look, but I thought it was pretty good, in a retro-ish sort of way, assuming there was a jacket too, somewhere.Quote:Originally Posted by TTO
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I really need to visit the V&A again. Nice setting for that pic!
Kind of you; thank you.
The best-fitting suit I've seen you post. Much better across the chest and torso than some of the others; no lapel bowing and proportions are pretty good.
Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tie is insane. I'm trying to figure out the best look for it; its not this outfit, but I reckon it must have a role somewhere. Rest of the look is good, and for once I actually like the look of a split-toe shoe (this is a rare thing indeed for me).
Wasn't sure whether this belongs in this thread or the casual one, so figured I'd ensure maximum pollution by x-posting to both... :ppost #8413 of 787197/26/11 at 6:59ampost #8414 of 787197/26/11 at 7:00amQuote:
I am not trolling. Those pants make you look like a woman.
Those pants are probably beyond salvation, but perhaps your best bet (for these pants and for the future), is not to wear your pants so high it gives you a FUPA/makes your penis visible.post #8415 of 787197/26/11 at 7:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Achillus
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Your suits do have a shoulders, arms problem. But i really like this colours pattern.
Actually, I don't think his suit has got any of those problems. He wrote earlier in the thread that he is some kind of athlete, so those shoulders and arms are probably pretty close to his natural build. Agree with you on the colours though.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 55 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 17 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 18 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply soho light grey flannel double breasted suit 98/148 20 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 20 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts