Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 561post #8401 of 787217/26/11 at 6:00am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8402 of 787217/26/11 at 6:16ampost #8403 of 787217/26/11 at 6:25ampost #8404 of 787217/26/11 at 6:31ampost #8405 of 787217/26/11 at 6:33amI like that coat and the colors are nice, Spoo. The shoes go particularly well with the color of the coat and trou. Tie looks all wrong to me, though. Washed out when everything else is a study in contrasts.
(I won't mention the pattern ... )
Would like a wider spread on that collar. Or something. Those long points are distracting.post #8406 of 787217/26/11 at 6:39ampost #8407 of 787217/26/11 at 6:41amQuote:Originally Posted by Gdot
Good to see you!
I've missed your posts of late.
I think your suit looks a-ok. It all seems well proportioned to me.
I'm not a fan of the shirt and tie as they appear in the photo - they seem a little weak to me. But I also suspect that is partially a function of the photo as well.
Most of all I'm just glad to see you 'round again.
Best - G
The tie was selected for sentimental reasons as much as its coordination with today's suit - it was a favorite of my late husband's, and I've been trying to figure out how to work it into one of my fits.
The color of the shirt and tie is a bit deeper than shows in the detail photo, and the texture of the weave of shirt, tie and suit are at variance with their appearance IRL - the weaves are smoother.
Thank you, G-Dot for the welcome back - it was good to take a hiatus, and it is good to be be back, if on an irregular basis (suit-wearing in a NYC summer is a sometimes thing).
BTW, add me to the list of worshippers of PhatG's suit today - way awesome.post #8408 of 787217/26/11 at 6:42am
I like this combination.
Jacket is made from flax?
Very beautiful photo and a combination of wardrobe items. As well as the rest of that frame! :)
I was engaged in many sports. Among them were various martial arts forms and also the power of athletics.
On the issue of Lofer: what do you mean?
Loafer, I mainly from C&J, Church, Cheaney.
About what you ask?post #8409 of 787217/26/11 at 6:51ampost #8410 of 787217/26/11 at 6:52amQuote:Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
It's a trap!
Lol, all jokes aside, I am up for this. Apart from being slightly masturbatory/egocentric/etc, I might learn something. Never mind the patronising nature (not really)/undercover nature of the post, that was/is the point, right? All that aside, it would be fun at least! I will write some bullet-points for positives and negatives, and then I'll write a small conclusion/note at the bottom—this may include small things that should be noted, or like you said, some in-your-shoes reasoning. I have gone home to my mum's to hang out with my little brother, who I don't get to see very often, so this may only really kick-start from Friday, which is when I go home!
Also, I would like to personally (and publicly) apologise to iammatt. If I was going to call you a douche, I should have been more specific/less bitchy about why I came to that conclusion. FWIW, I am tired of internet-morons, and I tend to shut off when I am faced with such people. I will retract my earlier statement that iammatt has no steez. I was wary about that in the first place (as I had no idea really), but what I meant was, from his comments, he came across as either being purposefully contrarian for the sake of it or just plain wrong, IMO. (This isn't sounding like a good apology, I know.) From those photos, he seems to dress well. That is what makes it even more difficult to understand his behaviour; he opposed a few/many of Spoo's fits, and not to get up Spoo's arse/get accused of that (), without giving any reasoning whatsoever! He must have known his reasoning would have been pretty specific, but he chose to act like a complete dummy! That said, I would like to put this e-bitch behind us, as I know most members tire of such things easily. I would just like to state that I like to stand up for things regardless of who is going to become tired of it, which I assume you have all gathered...
Anyway, I will start saving images/critiquing. I will be polite, concise and hopefully helpful!
If this threak idea does turn out to be some sort of trap, I won't mind, because I am only seeing it from a positive light, and therefore, I won't be embarrassed! (And I would really like to see detailed critiques from iammatt/everyone else, too!)
Excellent. I look forward to seeing your well reasoned and considered thoughts.post #8411 of 787217/26/11 at 6:53amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Your suits do have a shoulders, arms problem. But i really like this colours pattern.post #8412 of 787217/26/11 at 6:56am
Some interesting looks; welcome. Perhaps slightly larger pics would be helpful too.
You got a fair bit of stick for that look, but I thought it was pretty good, in a retro-ish sort of way, assuming there was a jacket too, somewhere.Quote:Originally Posted by TTO
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I really need to visit the V&A again. Nice setting for that pic!
Kind of you; thank you.
The best-fitting suit I've seen you post. Much better across the chest and torso than some of the others; no lapel bowing and proportions are pretty good.
Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tie is insane. I'm trying to figure out the best look for it; its not this outfit, but I reckon it must have a role somewhere. Rest of the look is good, and for once I actually like the look of a split-toe shoe (this is a rare thing indeed for me).
Wasn't sure whether this belongs in this thread or the casual one, so figured I'd ensure maximum pollution by x-posting to both... :ppost #8413 of 787217/26/11 at 6:59ampost #8414 of 787217/26/11 at 7:00amQuote:
I am not trolling. Those pants make you look like a woman.
Those pants are probably beyond salvation, but perhaps your best bet (for these pants and for the future), is not to wear your pants so high it gives you a FUPA/makes your penis visible.post #8415 of 787217/26/11 at 7:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Achillus
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Your suits do have a shoulders, arms problem. But i really like this colours pattern.
Actually, I don't think his suit has got any of those problems. He wrote earlier in the thread that he is some kind of athlete, so those shoulders and arms are probably pretty close to his natural build. Agree with you on the colours though.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 24 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015