Details on the boutonnière please? Personally I'd go with a different tie. Like the socks though!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 541
I know it is pretty basic but I am a believer in each item's color having a relationship with something in the outfit. The PS should relate to the shirt, and the tie should relate to the suit or everything else. I never match the tie and PS though, I'll try to post what I am wearing tomorrow which is sort of like this but a gray and white statement. I advise people to wear outfits like this one to start themselves getting used to dressing in an advanced way.
Nice jackets, Dennis Walker and Kevinsp8. I really like your gray (linen?) pants too, Acrid, but they might be even nicer if a little tapered. PG, you look great as always imo. I really want to DTO the gray/brown sport coat w/ blue checks. Is it a linen blend?
You're right that they match the shoes and pants in color, but he's right about them matching in terms of sharing a pattern. Imho, a common mistake on SF is to have things match too much in size. I'll give you an example. On the first page of pocketsquareguy's pocket square thread, Spoo posted a bunch of great looks. But one that got a large amount of compliments was this one:
In a lot of ways, it's really beautiful. Each piece is excellent. But all together, it was my least favorite of the looks in that post, because the size of the stripes were virtually the same and thus to matchy imo in the shirt, suit, and pocket square edge. That said, as an exercise in matching patterns, it's impressive.
Btw, JapanAlex, the little green thumb's up buttons are to indicate you like a post, not to post snide commentary (except perhaps in DT).
This is utter nonsense.
If everyone is two inches away sure the stripes can be seen to be the same width but, in practical terms from normal viewing distance the shirt and suit would be totally compatible.
Same with the socks and tie - who on earth would connect the pattern on those two items IRL ?
I agree with you to a certain extent, and when I wear a more full trouser, I go for about a half inch to 3/4" inch break, which is more than the break I wear for slimmer trousers (none at all). When I think full break, I am thinking more than 3/4" on the front of the shoe. It's all relative I suspect, and we may be thinking the same thing.
They're from Mr.K. Check out this thread—he's got lots of interesting stuff here, and the prices are a steal.
Thanks. The shoes are Johnston & Murphy and the tie is Engineered Garments. I did turn up the saturation on the reds because the tie was showing up in the picture much more drably than IRL. Also, I wanted to highlight the very cool iridescence in the shoes. However, my post-prod skills still need work, and I guess the tie's now popping too much.
I agree with you guys about the jacket/trouser combination. It's something I didn't realize until later. Admittedly, the whole outfit is a bit of an experiment.
Work today: (1st pic is truer to color, it has some yellow in it).
Nice DB (Click to show)
Looks great to me, Kevin. I know some will complain about the fullness of the trousers, but I like it for this lighter fabric. Deets on the tie?
& I won't take it personally
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Then you won't get offended by me saying I really dig this look. Very nice.
- › Pitti Uomo 84, June 18-21: who will be there? 15 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 21 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 31 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 1 minute ago
- › Nespresso Club 2 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › CMT Custom Ties 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexcel by Shavely Manden
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boot by blue suede shoes
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw