or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 539  

post #8071 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip1978 View Post

p. Since iammatt is here, why don't we ask him what he thinks of it.


lol8[1].gif

wont have to wait long
post #8072 of 78722
Holla from NOLA gents!
2011-07-21-11-25-37-333.jpg
post #8073 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post

500
Jacket needs wider lapels and more shoulder padding to help balance out your head.
post #8074 of 78722

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phat Guido View Post
 I've enjoyed the banter between iammatt & holdfast as there is actual discussion & not the proverbial back patting..


Me too. There are some very good points being brought up. By their public nature, our images are open for critique. And critique can be really useful even if it's harsh. 

 

PG... I know all your P Johnson stuff is cut the same. The windowpane seems to create a different visual effect than the stripes or the plaid. Very true about the fleeting moment the camera captures. Something can look totally great in one shot, and off the next. 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by forex View Post
I think that those lapels are too wide, it would look better if you make them a tad narrower in the future.


Don't listen to him, banis!! smile.gif

 


Quote:

Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
 Socks too matchy with tie. Otherwise great.


Yeah, that looks good.

 

 

post #8075 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmessier View Post



Great jacket. Deets?
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccimus View Post


What is the fabric? Cashmere?

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea on the details of the jacket. It's second hand, and I can't find any labels in it anywhere - neither brand nor materials.

All I can tell you is that it's wool, fused, and the buttons have been replaced. Sorry.
post #8076 of 78722
[quote
82fd8100.jpg
[/quote]

Very nice suit. Who made it?
post #8077 of 78722
Nice jackets, Dennis Walker and Kevinsp8. I really like your gray (linen?) pants too, Acrid, but they might be even nicer if a little tapered. PG, you look great as always imo. I really want to DTO the gray/brown sport coat w/ blue checks. Is it a linen blend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

Er... they match the shoes and trousers, not the tie. foo.gif
You're right that they match the shoes and pants in color, but he's right about them matching in terms of sharing a pattern. Imho, a common mistake on SF is to have things match too much in size. I'll give you an example. On the first page of pocketsquareguy's pocket square thread, Spoo posted a bunch of great looks. But one that got a large amount of compliments was this one:

In a lot of ways, it's really beautiful. Each piece is excellent. But all together, it was my least favorite of the looks in that post, because the size of the stripes were virtually the same and thus too matchy imo in the shirt, suit, and pocket square edge. That said, as an exercise in matching patterns, it's impressive.

Btw, JapanAlex, the little green thumb's up buttons are to indicate you like a post, not to post snide commentary (except perhaps in DT).
post #8078 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post


I think that those lapels are too wide, it would look better if you make them a tad narrower in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post


We may agree to disagree but lapels seem too wide to me because they occupy more than half of his chest and past half way the shoulder line, it seems out of proportion but it still looks good. Maybe a lower notch would create a different visual. Since iammatt is here, why don't we ask him what he thinks of it.

The lapels in question area great. Would not change a bit.
post #8079 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post

500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post

Jacket needs wider lapels and more shoulder padding to help balance out your head.


I was wondering if the fact he was wearing wool was a form of sartorial cannibalism?
post #8080 of 78722
Unbearably hot. I was outside for 15min prior to taking this shot and sweat right through my shirt and suit.

I've thought about taking in the waist and slimming the sleeves on this coat slightly because I think it would improve the overall fit , but since it is strictly a hot weather suit I have left it looser fitting to allow for more circulation. Truly a form over function question.

UHgdd.jpgQLTXF.jpgx398j.jpg
post #8081 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndw View Post

Unbearably hot. I was outside for 15min prior to taking this shot and sweat right through my shirt and suit.

I've thought about taking in the waist and slimming the sleeves on this coat slightly because I think it would improve the overall fit , but since it is strictly a hot weather suit I have left it looser fitting to allow for more circulation. Truly a form over function question.

UHgdd.jpgQLTXF.jpgx398j.jpg

Those shoes are beautiful. inlove.gif

I don't quite understand the "more circulation" argument. Perhaps buy a lighter weight suit that fits properly? I agree with all your proposed tailoring. I think it would make the jacket look far better.
post #8082 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post


Those shoes are beautiful. inlove.gif

I don't quite understand the "more circulation" argument. Perhaps buy a lighter weight suit that fits properly? I agree with all your proposed tailoring. I think it would make the jacket look far better.

Thanks. Well, I am actually satisfied with the fit as is (I just think taking in the waist would improve the look) and the cloth is 5.5oz so it's about as light as it gets. WRt to circulation - if I take it in anymore it will be "closely" fitted and when it's extra hot and humid I find looser clothing wears cooler. I dont know...
post #8083 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

Btw, JapanAlex, the little green thumb's up buttons are to indicate you like a post, not to post snide commentary (except perhaps in DT).

you can thank neo for that. he has been doing it all over the forum. and i really think a mod needs to explain to him that they arent there to be an ass. but to give recognition to quality posts. just sayin.
post #8084 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndw View Post


Thanks. Well, I am actually satisfied with the fit as is (I just think taking in the waist would improve the look) and the cloth is 5.5oz so it's about as light as it gets. WRt to circulation - if I take it in anymore it will be "closely" fitted and when it's extra hot and humid I find looser clothing wears cooler. I dont know...

Gotcha. Yeah, you're not getting too much lighter. I suppose I just have never thought of having a jacket tailored to circulate air. Perhaps I should look into it seeing as how there's a heat index of 110 in ATL at the moment. biggrin.gif
post #8085 of 78722
ndw, I agree about looser fitting clothes in the heat (98F here at the moment), but perhaps a small nip the waist would look good and not make the suit hotter. I have really been enjoying your fits lately.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III