wont have to wait long
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:56 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:18 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 539post #8071 of 787217/21/11 at 8:30am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8072 of 787217/21/11 at 9:30ampost #8073 of 787217/21/11 at 9:32ampost #8074 of 787217/21/11 at 9:54am
Me too. There are some very good points being brought up. By their public nature, our images are open for critique. And critique can be really useful even if it's harsh.
PG... I know all your P Johnson stuff is cut the same. The windowpane seems to create a different visual effect than the stripes or the plaid. Very true about the fleeting moment the camera captures. Something can look totally great in one shot, and off the next.
Don't listen to him, banis!!
Yeah, that looks good.post #8075 of 787217/21/11 at 9:55am
To be honest, I have absolutely no idea on the details of the jacket. It's second hand, and I can't find any labels in it anywhere - neither brand nor materials.
All I can tell you is that it's wool, fused, and the buttons have been replaced. Sorry.post #8076 of 787217/21/11 at 9:59ampost #8077 of 787217/21/11 at 9:59amNice jackets, Dennis Walker and Kevinsp8. I really like your gray (linen?) pants too, Acrid, but they might be even nicer if a little tapered. PG, you look great as always imo. I really want to DTO the gray/brown sport coat w/ blue checks. Is it a linen blend? pocket square thread, Spoo posted a bunch of great looks. But one that got a large amount of compliments was this one:
In a lot of ways, it's really beautiful. Each piece is excellent. But all together, it was my least favorite of the looks in that post, because the size of the stripes were virtually the same and thus too matchy imo in the shirt, suit, and pocket square edge. That said, as an exercise in matching patterns, it's impressive.
Btw, JapanAlex, the little green thumb's up buttons are to indicate you like a post, not to post snide commentary (except perhaps in DT).post #8078 of 787217/21/11 at 10:09amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by forex
We may agree to disagree but lapels seem too wide to me because they occupy more than half of his chest and past half way the shoulder line, it seems out of proportion but it still looks good. Maybe a lower notch would create a different visual. Since iammatt is here, why don't we ask him what he thinks of it.
The lapels in question area great. Would not change a bit.post #8079 of 787217/21/11 at 10:10ampost #8080 of 787217/21/11 at 10:36amUnbearably hot. I was outside for 15min prior to taking this shot and sweat right through my shirt and suit.
I've thought about taking in the waist and slimming the sleeves on this coat slightly because I think it would improve the overall fit , but since it is strictly a hot weather suit I have left it looser fitting to allow for more circulation. Truly a form over function question.post #8081 of 787217/21/11 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by ndw
Unbearably hot. I was outside for 15min prior to taking this shot and sweat right through my shirt and suit.
I've thought about taking in the waist and slimming the sleeves on this coat slightly because I think it would improve the overall fit , but since it is strictly a hot weather suit I have left it looser fitting to allow for more circulation. Truly a form over function question.
Those shoes are beautiful.
I don't quite understand the "more circulation" argument. Perhaps buy a lighter weight suit that fits properly? I agree with all your proposed tailoring. I think it would make the jacket look far better.post #8082 of 787217/21/11 at 11:16amQuote:
Thanks. Well, I am actually satisfied with the fit as is (I just think taking in the waist would improve the look) and the cloth is 5.5oz so it's about as light as it gets. WRt to circulation - if I take it in anymore it will be "closely" fitted and when it's extra hot and humid I find looser clothing wears cooler. I dont know...post #8083 of 787217/21/11 at 11:22amQuote:
you can thank neo for that. he has been doing it all over the forum. and i really think a mod needs to explain to him that they arent there to be an ass. but to give recognition to quality posts. just sayin.post #8084 of 787217/21/11 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by ndw
Thanks. Well, I am actually satisfied with the fit as is (I just think taking in the waist would improve the look) and the cloth is 5.5oz so it's about as light as it gets. WRt to circulation - if I take it in anymore it will be "closely" fitted and when it's extra hot and humid I find looser clothing wears cooler. I dont know...
Gotcha. Yeah, you're not getting too much lighter. I suppose I just have never thought of having a jacket tailored to circulate air. Perhaps I should look into it seeing as how there's a heat index of 110 in ATL at the moment.post #8085 of 787217/21/11 at 11:43am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 31 seconds ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 55 seconds ago
- › +91-7062868274 black magic SPeCiALIST In Faridabad 57 seconds ago
- › +91-7062868274 black magic SPeCiALIST In Singapur 1 minute ago
- › +91-7062868274 black magic SPeCiALIST In India 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › +91-7062868274 black magic SPeCiALIST In Brazil 2 minutes ago
- › +91-7062868274 black magic SPeCiALIST In Srilanka 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan