wont have to wait long
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 539post #8071 of 787177/21/11 at 8:30ampost #8072 of 787177/21/11 at 9:30ampost #8073 of 787177/21/11 at 9:32ampost #8074 of 787177/21/11 at 9:54am
Me too. There are some very good points being brought up. By their public nature, our images are open for critique. And critique can be really useful even if it's harsh.
PG... I know all your P Johnson stuff is cut the same. The windowpane seems to create a different visual effect than the stripes or the plaid. Very true about the fleeting moment the camera captures. Something can look totally great in one shot, and off the next.
Don't listen to him, banis!!
Yeah, that looks good.post #8075 of 787177/21/11 at 9:55am
To be honest, I have absolutely no idea on the details of the jacket. It's second hand, and I can't find any labels in it anywhere - neither brand nor materials.
All I can tell you is that it's wool, fused, and the buttons have been replaced. Sorry.post #8076 of 787177/21/11 at 9:59ampost #8077 of 787177/21/11 at 9:59amNice jackets, Dennis Walker and Kevinsp8. I really like your gray (linen?) pants too, Acrid, but they might be even nicer if a little tapered. PG, you look great as always imo. I really want to DTO the gray/brown sport coat w/ blue checks. Is it a linen blend? pocket square thread, Spoo posted a bunch of great looks. But one that got a large amount of compliments was this one:
In a lot of ways, it's really beautiful. Each piece is excellent. But all together, it was my least favorite of the looks in that post, because the size of the stripes were virtually the same and thus too matchy imo in the shirt, suit, and pocket square edge. That said, as an exercise in matching patterns, it's impressive.
Btw, JapanAlex, the little green thumb's up buttons are to indicate you like a post, not to post snide commentary (except perhaps in DT).post #8078 of 787177/21/11 at 10:09amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by forex
We may agree to disagree but lapels seem too wide to me because they occupy more than half of his chest and past half way the shoulder line, it seems out of proportion but it still looks good. Maybe a lower notch would create a different visual. Since iammatt is here, why don't we ask him what he thinks of it.
The lapels in question area great. Would not change a bit.post #8079 of 787177/21/11 at 10:10ampost #8080 of 787177/21/11 at 10:36amUnbearably hot. I was outside for 15min prior to taking this shot and sweat right through my shirt and suit.
I've thought about taking in the waist and slimming the sleeves on this coat slightly because I think it would improve the overall fit , but since it is strictly a hot weather suit I have left it looser fitting to allow for more circulation. Truly a form over function question.post #8081 of 787177/21/11 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by ndw
Unbearably hot. I was outside for 15min prior to taking this shot and sweat right through my shirt and suit.
I've thought about taking in the waist and slimming the sleeves on this coat slightly because I think it would improve the overall fit , but since it is strictly a hot weather suit I have left it looser fitting to allow for more circulation. Truly a form over function question.
Those shoes are beautiful.
I don't quite understand the "more circulation" argument. Perhaps buy a lighter weight suit that fits properly? I agree with all your proposed tailoring. I think it would make the jacket look far better.post #8082 of 787177/21/11 at 11:16amQuote:
Thanks. Well, I am actually satisfied with the fit as is (I just think taking in the waist would improve the look) and the cloth is 5.5oz so it's about as light as it gets. WRt to circulation - if I take it in anymore it will be "closely" fitted and when it's extra hot and humid I find looser clothing wears cooler. I dont know...post #8083 of 787177/21/11 at 11:22amQuote:
you can thank neo for that. he has been doing it all over the forum. and i really think a mod needs to explain to him that they arent there to be an ass. but to give recognition to quality posts. just sayin.post #8084 of 787177/21/11 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by ndw
Thanks. Well, I am actually satisfied with the fit as is (I just think taking in the waist would improve the look) and the cloth is 5.5oz so it's about as light as it gets. WRt to circulation - if I take it in anymore it will be "closely" fitted and when it's extra hot and humid I find looser clothing wears cooler. I dont know...
Gotcha. Yeah, you're not getting too much lighter. I suppose I just have never thought of having a jacket tailored to circulate air. Perhaps I should look into it seeing as how there's a heat index of 110 in ATL at the moment.post #8085 of 787177/21/11 at 11:43am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 5 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sz EU50 NWOT jackets, Sartorio Napoli, Southwick/Loro Piana cashmere 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway