Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 537
Styleforum Top Picks
This picture is interesting to me because it spits in the face of the everyday advice against mixing metals. If I had to guess why it works, I'd say the brown watchband counterbalances the warm gold of the cufflinks.
Loving the suit, perfect summer attire. Although seersucker suits should be breezy I'm with you on the slimming-down-the-legs-part. Just a tad would do it. Some people do boxy sizes quite well, but as we all know you're not into that look, my suggestion is you go with what you're comfortable in.
Thnank you, iammatt.
It´s rather the shirt sleeves being to short...one word on the tie: i thought it to mix nicely with the other shades presented (trou and sc, in particular).
Congrats to you and sure you well deserved that!
Thank you very much, Dawg. Might serve as an example that "colourful" does not always have to look bad.
Changed my name just because i couldn´t log in with the old Spoozer-Account and with facebook at hand...just being to lazy, i guess ;-).
Wasn´t intended to leave Spoo and his Sycophants...still part of the game ! :D
Thx, Threadbearer. Is it just me or do others also want to have the old one back? Could well be i´m not used to it yet, thus complaining...still....
Thx, Holdfast. You´ll get used to the new name as you got used to the wardrobe desasters :-)
Every day provides something new to learn :-)
(A shame i can´t watch the video due to legal issues on youtube, they´re not allowed to bring it on display in Germany).
Bad timing as I could not hear the shutter & the rain got too heavy for another shot
I've enjoyed the banter between iammatt & holdfast as there is actual discussion & not the proverbial back patting..
FYI - the last weeks post of P Johnson suits & jackets are all the same cut, the variance is in cloth & pocket details. Interesting how the cloth choice changes the outcome or when the camera captures that nanosecond.
Interesting observation - to be honest I hadn't noticed it myself, and I think the reason for that is exactly the one that you specified... the watch altogether as I think about it goes with pretty much anything, and that's thanks to the band. I would have probably hesitated to wear the same combination with a black band. On the other hand - the cufflinks are actually a bit faded - so a good proportion of the surface area is actually the same color as the silvery shade of the watch.
In my experience, most tailors at the corner alterations shop tend to favor full breaks and 1" to 1/5" cuffs. In my opinion, nothing looks worse than a full break. Well, let me re-phrase that, the only thing that looks worse than a full break is trousers an inch or two longer than a full break.
Going to be 38 degrees celcius tomorrow, I am afraid our igloos might melt!!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These trousers just do not fit you at all. It looks like there is a few inches of extra cloth all the way up the thigh, and creates a fairly unflattering look. I'd consider having a tailor take some of that out. Consider a polystyrene igloo for added longevity in the summer months.
EDIT : I replied before I read the next page. Looks like these comments were made, so didn't mean to pile on..
Edited by gnatty8 - 7/21/11 at 5:54am
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 23 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Wings & Horns brown blazer size XS 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Runs Around The World in 2013 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013 5 minutes ago
- › PASSAGGIO CRAVATTE - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 6 minutes ago
- › Clarks Desert Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw