Ha! Def. not the brown shoes, at all. I quite like those.
But there do seem to be several elements that generate quite a lot of opposition generally on this thread. Many obviously still felt it came together well. I'm cool with that, but curious as to why. Here's what I see:
- Bold, especially on the dark of the suit. I get that one wants contrast, but rarely do successful fits have a value variance this great.
- Yellow, which is generally strongly disfavored here (See the Friday challenge the central premise of which was that it's near impossible to do a yellow tie well)
- Wide, especially in comparison to the slender lapels and your frame (which, to be clear, I envy)
- Bold/fun stripes plus contrast collar (OK, it's with a suit. But a NAVY suit. Fun meets CBD)
- Size of stripes not far off from the scale of pattern in tie
Lapels slightly more slender than is usually preferred here, though that may just be in proportion to the tie.
Edited by GMMcL - 5/21/14 at 3:33pm