^ Also, the back of the vest reminds me of this shirt, if you wear it with a jacket.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:12 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5245post #78662 of 787175/21/14 at 11:39amHopping on the navy suit brown tie train.
New Meermins, plus upper half with sexy parking garage lighting (Click to show)post #78663 of 787175/21/14 at 11:54ampost #78664 of 787175/21/14 at 12:31pmI never understood the belt and vest thing. To me the belt buckle perfectly resting in the wedge where the last button is unbuttoned anchors the look in a casual outfit and also shows the precise fit of the garment. It might not be the case in a 3 piece but in a casual or odd one I think it looks better.post #78665 of 787175/21/14 at 12:32pmQuote:
With preference for an unconstructed jacket, right? (Like the LBM stuff)post #78666 of 787175/21/14 at 12:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by coldsalmon
Makes me reminisce about this SF gem: http://www.styleforum.net/t/356102/the-blasphemous-odd-vest-jacket-thread/210
But seriously, very well-fitted as always, and nice color coordination to my eye.
Yeah, @Kylerton , love your style!
How much lower should the vest be, for those who think it's too short? I think that's a good length, but what do I know; I only have one vest.
Anyone wearing a 3:2 roll, preferably with surgeon cuffs?post #78667 of 787175/21/14 at 12:43pmpost #78668 of 787175/21/14 at 12:43pmQuote:
I'm 5'7 and I think 28" is spot on for me, with 29" the upper limit. I hem my shirts (that i'd wear untucked with a casual blazer) to 25-26", depending on how many buttons it has (and how close the hem is to the last button).post #78669 of 787175/21/14 at 1:00pmpost #78670 of 787175/21/14 at 1:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Isolation
I never understood the belt and vest thing. To me the belt buckle perfectly resting in the wedge where the last button is unbuttoned anchors the look in a casual outfit and also shows the precise fit of the garment. It might not be the case in a 3 piece but in a casual or odd one I think it looks better.
I don't care for it much. It feels a bit "cowboy cosplay" imho (which is fine if that's what you're going for of course).
BTW, Kylerton's vest looks like it's of appropriate length, but the pants needs a higher rise.post #78671 of 787175/21/14 at 1:12pmQuote:
That is exactly it, the vest sits just at the right spot when work with the trousers made with it (part of a 3piece suit). These trousers are just lower than most of my others. My personal tailor always says I should show off my belt buckles while wearing a vest?post #78672 of 787175/21/14 at 1:39pm
If the question is the traditional length of the vest in a man’s three-piece suit, then the answer is that it should cover the waistband of the trousers.
These days one can’t count on off-the-rack suits doing that, however. The temporary fashions toward shorter jackets (and thus shorter vests to go with them in a three-piece suit) and lower-rise trousers in combination cause the problem.
Edited by Academic2 - 5/21/14 at 2:44pmpost #78673 of 787175/21/14 at 1:50pm
I'd be interested to hear explanations for why folks felt this worked. It seems a bit cacophonous to my eye, but as I've already explained, I'm trying to deduce the essence behind working rule-breaking fits. Personally, I don't think this worked. Fit is great, but I don't care for much else. But many clearly disagreed, and I'd like to know why.Quote:Originally Posted by SeaJen
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Do like. A lot. I don't thumb as much as I should, but I did thumb this.
If I had one piece of input, it would be that I think the texture of the jacket could have been bolder. Looks like a medium to fine worst. I would have preferred a grosgrain or hopsack, to stand up to the texture elsewhere.post #78674 of 787175/21/14 at 2:11pmQuote:
You'll note that I gave this a thumbs-up...Quote:Originally Posted by Pingson
I beg to differ. Of course this depends on how your brain registers the patterns, but this is how mine does:Quote:Originally Posted by Kylerton
Black Fleece bow tie
Kipper Clothiers shirt
Kipper Clothiers vest
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by KylertonQuote:
That is exactly it, the vest sits just at the right spot when work with the trousers made with it (part of a 3piece suit). These trousers are just lower than most of my others. My personal tailor always says I should show off my belt buckles while wearing a vest?
All the more reason to wear your pants at your natural waist as we discussed yesterday. (And don't listen to your personal tailor, I guess?)post #78675 of 787175/21/14 at 2:14pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Indochino suits? 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › [PARTY SEASONS ISSUE] Tuxedo Jackets 6 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...