Good spot, dear heart, good spot
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5223post #78331 of 787175/18/14 at 1:39pmpost #78332 of 787175/18/14 at 1:44pmpost #78333 of 787175/18/14 at 1:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by arnathor
Guys, cool it with the bashing. It is fucking obvious that this forum is thought to be overwhelming progressive and liberal. I am pleased the majority of users are so welcoming, but let the man have his opinion. I frankly don't like the idea that just because his comments go against the progressive bias his posts are to be edited and everyone giving him crap gets to do so without worry.
I like most of you - but this is getting ridiculous with this ganging up! Power in numbers feels real good, eh?
His opinions have nothing to do with the topic of the thread.
If I'm not mistaken, you've said some pretty stupid things on SF too (a comment on someone's GF comes to mind). No one is saying that he isn't allowed to have his opinion, even if he sounds like an idiot. No one has to agree with him either. It's really that simple.post #78334 of 787175/18/14 at 1:57pmpost #78335 of 787175/18/14 at 1:58pmpost #78336 of 787175/18/14 at 2:09pmpost #78337 of 787175/18/14 at 2:11pmpost #78338 of 787175/18/14 at 2:11pmpost #78339 of 787175/18/14 at 2:28pmQuote:
If you don't think the part about his physique and 3 masters degrees was trolling... or the other stuff that was only written for pure reaction...
I dunno what to tell you. But even casting aside that term, taking the bait and getting into some e-argument when someone is so obviously out in left field that reasoning with them is a waste of breath ... well, to me that's as dumb as that dude's comments whether they were serious or not.
Tl;DR: Use the fucking block button, everyone. A click or two and gone forever.post #78340 of 787175/18/14 at 2:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by arnathor
What do you want me to do then, lick that member's boots and be forever asking for forgiveness? I was chastised for supposedly dehumanizing the woman, when I was friggin' paying them a compliment, that in hindsight sounded kinda' stupid and so I apologized publicly and attempted to explain myself, so why even bring it up?
Why does everyone have to be offended and outraged on behalf of someone by every thing that is said? God, I guess if the democrats were in full control, my previous comment might've landed me in a re-education camp where I was to be taught two plus two equals five.
No, I'm just not really surprised that you'd defend him.
Like it has been said previously, that poster (and you) are allowed to have your opinions, if you do voice them and others feel otherwise, then they are also allowed to voice their contrary opinion.
This thread isn't about gender politics or politics in general. This thread is for clothes in the CM spectrum. That's it. She's posting pictures wearing those clothes, I don't see how people have such a huge issue. The fact that it seems to make that poster defend his masculinity is hilarious too and not this thread's issue. He should seek therapy if women wearing CM clothes makes him feel emasculated enough to try to prove his masculinity on an online forum.
That xkcd comic was already posted, but here it is again for reference:post #78341 of 787175/18/14 at 3:08pm
I am not backing up what he says, I found ad hominem name calling to be excessive and just got peeved that everyone is ganging up on him, just as it has happened to me, I just don't want to see it.
I think my heart was in the right place, but it came out the wrong way. So, I'm sorry.post #78342 of 787175/18/14 at 3:16pmpost #78343 of 787175/18/14 at 3:18pmQuote:
Oh right. Just remembered my business partner had an English Bully--dear departed Dexter--and he had a dark fleece jacket (partner, not dog) that was absolutely impregnated with these tiny white hairs. Kind of a porcupine effect.post #78344 of 787175/18/14 at 3:23pmpost #78345 of 787175/18/14 at 3:34pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 14 minutes ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 14 minutes ago
- › NWT Brooks Brothers White French Cuff Dress Shirt 16x34 $92 17 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway