or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5218  

post #78256 of 78717

I hope @Kylerton keeps posting.

post #78257 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

I hope @Kylerton keeps posting.


I don't see why she wouldn't. It's pretty obvious how the community felt about SJW's remarks. Plus we've solved her shoe problem.

post #78258 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

Princess Di wearing a tux.

 

 

 

Just sayin’ ...

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

What is attractive about the departed in the photo is her face, hair style (for that time?) but not the coloring as it is overdone as least from this B&W), slimness, heels, and hands, or basically all that is feminine about her appearance. The actual tux part does little for her and makes her come across as attention seeking, or wanting to be a waitress at an upscale restaurant. This outfit is also the worst I have ever seen her in, including going to the gym for Jane Fonda 1980's aerobics. And speaking of old fashioned, if this photo was taken at the time she was still "royal", I bet the queen mother was none too thrilled. Lastly, is referencing a "fashion" statement from the 1980's really the best way to prove your point?    

post #78259 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJamesWinston View Post
 

What is attractive about the departed in the photo is her face, hair style (for that time?) but not the coloring as it is overdone as least from this B&W), slimness, heels, and hands, or basically all that is feminine about her appearance. The actual tux part does little for her and makes her come across as attention seeking, or wanting to be a waitress at an upscale restaurant. This outfit is also the worst I have ever seen her in, including going to the gym for Jane Fonda 1980's aerobics. And speaking of old fashioned, if this photo was taken at the time she was still "royal", I bet the queen mother was none too thrilled. Lastly, is referencing a "fashion" statement from the 1980's really the best way to prove your point?    

 

It really appears that you have no idea how or when to shut the fuck up. Would you mind going back into hiding under the bridge from where you came?

 

Also, did you honestly just describe the late princess as attention seeking or waitress looking? Ahahaha. And who the fuck cares what the queen mother thought, the late princess looks awesome.

post #78260 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post

Recovery outfit today after a two day trek down the Virgin Narrows and a two day hike through Coyote Gulch before that.

That looks like so much fun Moss! What boots are you wearing?
post #78261 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post
 

Women often look bad in suits because there's no culture supporting women wearing suits. My partner cannot even find anything off the rack of the right size. No women's shirts actually button up, and those that do don't have collars designed around having ties. How on earth can women learn to dress properly in suits what that's the case? Only people who do a lot of work/research on an area that is often extremely uninformative for adapting to women, and has the money and patience to go MTM/bespoke, and naturally there aren't many, especially when they don't have to, as dictated by their work expectations.

 

I think there are plenty women that do look good in suits though, it's just difficult for most to get into it. I personally think Ether Quek has very good sense of colors and style though of course she's a fashion writer/editor.

 

edit: sorry had to butt in because I read some comments, plz don't ban me, I will not keep discussing this if you don't want "political" discussion here though I imagine in reality it's not really political more like one person with extremely moronic and old fashioned views but whatever.

Nothing fits me off the wrack because of my near ideal 6"2 masculine lean body with long arms. I say near ideal, because I am 10 lbs away from my target weight of 155 (148 for racing), but not there yet. I was once obese like some of you at 225 lbs. Being a dietary vegan, and running many miles per week helps perfect my masculine body. MTM is really quite easy and can be affordable, as I do it for all my shirts as my yearly spending budget is not large, between being a doctoral student, and paying off loans for my three master's degrees (I must be a real moron!). I don't know what the case is for the person you mentioned, lean/obese/whatever, but MTM can handle most body sizes. On the collars, did you ever think that the reason shirts designed for females lack collars is because either a collar designed for a tie is not flattering to the female face, and or too private/prep school uniform? A quick google image search for Esther Quek showed quite horrible less than desirable/scarcely feminine taste in apparel, a Sharon Stone-esque (read looks good on no female, and very few males) hairstyle, and colors that are very jarring to the eye. I would like to meet a man whose feminine ideal is someone like Esther Quek.

post #78262 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Señor Crust, I would like this much more with a less saturated shirt. Otherwise, you go, girl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post

I think that suit works very well with a pink shirt and a light blue tie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Crusty, that is truly inspirational.  It takes some real bottle to go all-white, whatever the occasion.  I have been thinking of something similar for a while and am now resolved absolutely to get it.  

Also, I disagree with Butch about the shirt: light blue or perhaps a micro-check is perfect I think, but I'd have liked more contrast with the tie - in tone, not colour - e.g. navy.  

But really, beautiful.  Thank you.

Considering that I thought that I'd be run out of town on a rail for wearing white linen (or at least be the target of allusions to "Saturday Night Fever", "Fantasy Island", and "The Man in the White Suit" - you young folks may need a session with imdb.com for the last one), reaction has been gratifyingly positive.

The comments are well taken. White linen and all shades of seersucker with a white background demand that one pales the color palette down considerably. Had I a paler blue shirt for today's attire, I would have most likely worn it, and I almost opted for a white shirt, rather than the blue, but I did want to wear today's tie (found on my tie rack recently - I had forgotten I owned it) and thought that it looked better with the blue than the white.

I have a very pale pink shirt and a number of light blue ties - when next I have occasion to wear today's suit, I'll give the combo a try.

Thank you, gentlemen.
post #78263 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJamesWinston View Post
 

Nothing fits me off the wrack because of my near ideal 6"2 masculine lean body with long arms. I say near ideal, because I am 10 lbs away from my target weight of 155 (148 for racing), but not there yet. I was once obese like some of you at 225 lbs. Being a dietary vegan, and running many miles per week helps perfect my masculine body. MTM is really quite easy and can be affordable, as I do it for all my shirts as my yearly spending budget is not large, between being a doctoral student, and paying off loans for my three master's degrees (I must be a real moron!). I don't know what the case is for the person you mentioned, lean/obese/whatever, but MTM can handle most body sizes. On the collars, did you ever think that the reason shirts designed for females lack collars is because either a collar designed for a tie is not flattering to the female face, and or too private/prep school uniform? A quick google image search for Esther Quek showed quite horrible less than desirable/scarcely feminine taste in apparel, a Sharon Stone-esque (read looks good on no female, and very few males) hairstyle, and colors that are very jarring to the eye. I would like to meet a man whose feminine ideal is someone like Esther Quek.

 

While you surely can't hear anything anyone says over the sound of how awesome you are... 6'2 and 155 lbs is not masculine by any stretch of the imagination. You look like a twig and sound like a twat.

post #78264 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

 

While you surely can't hear anything anyone says over the sound of how awesome you are... 6'2 and 155 lbs is not masculine by any stretch of the imagination. You look like a twig and sound like a twat.

:rotflmao:

post #78265 of 78717
If we wish to go back even further in time for a woman in men's formal wear, would that help?

http://missowl.com/marlene-dietrich-2/
post #78266 of 78717

I was like :lurk:.

 

But then I found this really cool button just now.  

 

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

 

I can only eat so much popcorn.  

post #78267 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

 

It really appears that you have no idea how or when to shut the fuck up. Would you mind going back into hiding under the bridge from where you came?

 

Also, did you honestly just describe the late princess as attention seeking or waitress looking? Ahahaha. And who the fuck cares what the queen mother thought, the late princess looks awesome.

I thought you wanted to dialogue about clothing and the ideal masculine or feminine forms? Your comments add nothing of significance to the conversation. And if a moderator or non-moderator with moderator type powers, should feel the need delete them to protect me, I ask that they be kept here. Being who I am, enables me to tolerate someone like this.  

post #78268 of 78717

People who think that all the gender associations of apparel are fixed—viz., who believe that certain things are inherently ‘masculine’ or ‘feminine’— simply don’t know their history.   Such things are cultural products, and as such are always evolving.

 

Perhaps this discussion needs a separate thread.  (Emphasis on 'separate'.)

 

                                                                                       —Ac


Edited by Academic2 - 5/17/14 at 7:06pm
post #78269 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJamesWinston View Post
 

I thought you wanted to dialogue about clothing and the ideal masculine or feminine forms? Your comments add nothing of significance to the conversation. And if a moderator or non-moderator with moderator type powers, should feel the need delete them to protect me, I ask that they be kept here. Being who I am, enables me to tolerate someone like this.  

Pot meet kettle.

 

Ideal masculine and feminine forms? I'm pretty sure the greeks and romans had the masculine part covered and none of them weighed 155 at 6'2. Also, this forum is for classic menswear. She's wearing just that and she's more than welcome here. You on the other hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

People who think that gender associations in apparel are fixed simply don’t know their history.

 

Exactly. Someone post a picture of what frenchies and brits used to wear before suits and jackets became popular. Wait what? Men used to wear what looked like dresses!

 

THOSE BLASTED SISSIES!

post #78270 of 78717
I thought someone with so many master's degrees would have reading comprehension skills.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III