Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5215post #78211 of 787175/17/14 at 3:59ampost #78212 of 787175/17/14 at 4:38ampost #78213 of 787175/17/14 at 5:15ampost #78214 of 787175/17/14 at 5:21ampost #78215 of 787175/17/14 at 5:50am
SirJamesWinston, I got rid of your posts. If you have issue with this, please take it up here:
Edit: Got rid of DonC's posts that quoted you, at his request.post #78216 of 787175/17/14 at 6:01amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
A daytime wedding at the Jersey shore, and a weak moment at Brooks Bros. - this is the result . . .
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Señor Crust, I would like this much more with a less saturated shirt. Otherwise, you go, girl!post #78217 of 787175/17/14 at 6:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
SirJamesWinston, I got rid of your posts. If you have issue with this, please take it up here:
Edit: Got rid of DonC's posts that quoted you, at his request.
I am confident in your ability to do what you think is best for your management of this thread. Out of curiosity, to help me learn how the society of this particular thread functions, if I had just said it looks bad (a common SF phrase), would you have deleted that as well? I recognize that true free speech is not allowed in this particular society, but must everything be positive? Feedback would be helpful via pm or on this thread. If this particular reply is deleted as well, I will not be able to learn the speech rules of this particular thread and your moderating of the discourse. Thank you!post #78218 of 787175/17/14 at 6:14ampost #78219 of 787175/17/14 at 6:19ampost #78220 of 787175/17/14 at 6:24amQuote:Originally Posted by SirJamesWinston
I am confident in your ability to do what you think is best for your management of this thread. Out of curiosity, to help me learn how the society of this particular thread functions, if I had just said it looks bad (a common SF phrase), would you have deleted that as well? I recognize that true free speech is not allowed in this particular society, but must everything be positive? Feedback would be helpful via pm or on this thread. If this particular reply is deleted as well, I will not be able to learn the speech rules of this particular thread and your moderating of the discourse. Thank you!
That´s ridcoulous. You claim the free speech and on the other side you do not allow the lady to wear mans clothes.
So you have to decide, where you want to live: In a free modern democracy or in system where it´s given what to wear and what not to wear.post #78221 of 787175/17/14 at 6:26ampost #78222 of 787175/17/14 at 6:32ampost #78223 of 787175/17/14 at 6:40am
TTO, all are great, as per usual. The third is simply brilliant. What a beautiful waistcoat.
But what is all that stuff hanging from your belt loop? Looks like keys on a length of string.
[edit: belt -> belt loop]
Edited by Coxsackie - 5/17/14 at 7:46ampost #78224 of 787175/17/14 at 6:45am
You misunderstand me completely. How did I not allow a female to wear male clothing? I simply said she should not as it looks _____. Should not does not mean is not allowed to, let alone forbidden by law that is mandated by a force of actual power (we all have our little style laws that we only enforce on ourselves and try to get others to self impose don't we?). My deleted reply was in response to what this person posted. Did I fly to San Francisco and take her classic menswear away from her? Did I stand in front of her closet and hold her back? No and no. My statements were a perfect example of democratic free speech, even if you disagree with them. The particular individual could have responded very easily to my comments.
I have plenty of style rules, that have been posted on this site, and do you know what they are? My opinions/convictions discussed publicly. How is what I wrote earlier any different? My free speech was critical what the individual is wearing, that is true, but that is in part what this whole site is all about.
For example, there are things I could say about your clothing (nice, expensive looking, and quite a large number of items), as well as the fit (____). Likewise, there are things you could say about my clothing (whatever it is, it is not as nice, expensive looking, or significant in number), and that the fit is ____ (too tight etc). Our posts about each other could get more personal, i.e. you should do this and this to look better. All free speech.
I recognize this person's ability and willingness to dress like a man, which is an act of personal freedom of expression/freedom of speech, but so is my criticism (too harsh many would say) of her ability and willingness to do so.
So freedom of speech involves both the act of free speech/expression, as well as a response to such act or speech. What am I missing here sir? Likewise, if I posted a picture of me as a male dressed up as a woman on this site as an act of free speech, I would expect some comments back, including some or many negative ones. Free speech is two sided, as you said yourself. Do you understand?post #78225 of 787175/17/14 at 6:48am
Perhaps LA Guy and emptym will agree with you. It certainly was a judgment call on my part. But as I suggested earlier, you can further explore the issue here:
Also, please remember that the right to free speech protects you from the government. That's all.
As far as your initial comments:
They were not about her clothing. They were about the fact that a woman was wearing men's clothing. And you described that as grotesque. Now. If you have further issue, take it up in Transparent Moderation.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 1 minute ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Havana Blue and Brown Silk, Linen, Wool Check 40R 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › How to Buy a Women Dress Online That Puts on...
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway