That's a half-day handled with casual grace.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5205post #78061 of 787215/15/14 at 9:11am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #78062 of 787215/15/14 at 9:18am
Thanks SJ, I guess it was not wanting to wear the same thing again, but also practically so I would have a reasonably fresh shirt the next day too.
I think I'm going to go for navy suit, white shirt, and the tie on the right. Then tomorrow the grey suit, already-worn white shirt, and brown tie.post #78063 of 787215/15/14 at 9:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I agree that the first jacket looks a tad bit short on you, but if it is longer IRL then it should be passable. The second jacket looks great, only (your) left sleeve looks a little short. Caught on a wrist watch? If not, I would lengthen the sleeve a little. Also, not a fan of french cuffs with tweed....
Great suit and shoes!
I will repeat the SF mantra - "Would look better with a light blue shirt". I also agree with Clags that the tie looks a little out of place with a casual linen jacket, it would work better with a suit.
Not feeling the shirt in this context, a solid would be much better.
Today: Test driving a new spring/summer jacket from Belvest that I picked up on eBay for basically pocket change. So far I am pretty satisfied with the fit right out of the box.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Details (Click to show)
That is some outstanding color and pattern matching and I dig that jacket.post #78064 of 787215/15/14 at 9:28ampost #78065 of 787215/15/14 at 9:44ampost #78066 of 787215/15/14 at 9:51amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitchesQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Even if I have worn striped ties before (and posted here as well) I have been warming up to them recently. I plan on getting a few more over the next few months. They seem to be particularly useful with the type of checked jacket I was wearing today, the smaller scale houndstooth variant, that are hard to pair with neats and other patterned ties.
i too am warming up to stripes as of late. hope to pick up a few over the summer.
I saw you post in Noodle's thread and there were some outstanding ties posted there. I've been drooling over this Vanda tie for a while now, ever since I saw @tchoy wearing one
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by SeaJen
Is it that you are unsure of wearing a suit and tie to the dinner or that you feel that others will notice the repetition of items?
If the former, don't worry about it - being over-dressed is far better than being under-dressed. If the latter, don't worry about it, no-one will notice things as innocuous as white or blue shirts and I doubt anyone would find fault with you wearing one of the two suits you brought with you. How many suits do most people take with them to conferences, after all?Quote:Originally Posted by eviltimeban
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Nice suit HF. Is that SS Soho yes?
So guys, I need your help. I'm at a conference with work, full of accountants and finance people. This is what I wore today:
It was sprung on me earlier that there is a dinner tonight that I need to attend. Its not black tie, or even particularly formal. However I only have a limited amount of stuff with me - jeans and sweater won't cut it. I do have another suit and white shirt with me, with a couple of ties. This is what I was planning to wear tomorrow:
Grey suit, white shirt, brown tie.
These are the other two ties I have with me:
Now, the question is, what should I wear tonight? I want to change out of what I've been wearing all day but at the same time I don't want to compromise what I'm planning to wear tomorrow. I do have another white shirt which I wore on the way down yesterday, but it is a little wrinkled. However tomorrow is a short day so I could get away with it.
Could I wear today's light blue shirt with the same suit and the tie on the right? Or should I wear white shirt for dinner, with the same tie and navy suit? I'd rather keep the grey suit for tomorrow. However I want to wear the right thing for dinner (which is not a 'formal' dinner as such, but I have nothing other than jeans as I mentioned).
Some really solid advise there!Quote:Originally Posted by SeaJen
Just a half day today so I eschewed a tie. Pants are chinolino, in case anyone was wondering. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice jacket! It's got some sheen to it, what fabric is it made of?post #78067 of 787215/15/14 at 9:52ampost #78068 of 787215/15/14 at 10:05ampost #78069 of 787215/15/14 at 10:19amQuote:
I'm not completely down with the internet lingo it seems.
Note to self: check Urban Dictionary next time....post #78070 of 787215/15/14 at 10:27ampost #78071 of 787215/15/14 at 10:32amQuote:
i had to use so much restraint that day not to buy a dozen of those offerings
noap!post #78072 of 787215/15/14 at 10:33am
Yeah, the lapels are a bit large; ideally they'd be both slimmer and have less belly.
crusty, I think Freud would have much to say about proudly displayed large curved flappy lapels. Something about echoing certain parts of women's anatomy, probably...
I have a mix of cheap, relatively fashionable RTW (SS Soho, Havana & Napoli), and more traditional English bespoke (Ede & Ravenscroft) with a few Ede MTM pieces still sprinkled in as well. The Ede stuff is cut longer than the SS stuff. I think the shorter length syncs well with the slimmer SS stuff, whereas the slightly longer cut works better with the traditional Ede stuff.
It's partly posture, but not 100% so.
I have a lower right shoulder than left (too much time spent with either a pen or a mouse in that hand, probably), so if the shoulder construction is either soft or has zero extension, the right side of the material will kink up. With bespoke, the problem is virtually erased but with RTW it will happen sometimes. I can live with it, esp. given that it's exaggerated by the pose, and always settles a bit after a few wearings. But it will never disappear completely.Originally Posted by kulata
It may look that way, but there are a myriad of fit and styling problems with my RTW SS stuff.
The posts I've replied to above cover just a few of these issues and only scratch the surface. Perhaps it's not obvious in the photos, but I could rattle off a list of things I'd dearly love to change, both in terms of improving the comfort of how it feels, and changing some style details to be more proportionate to my build. I still like SS because for the price, the fit/styling compromises are more than acceptable, and they fill out the range of my wardrobe nicely, lessening the pressure to buy more bespoke.
But by contrast, the bespoke stuff typically feels much more comfortable and snug. It may not look snug, but it's actually pretty trim. It just isn't tight, in the way the SS stuff is in some places (and loose in others). It really does fit better, and that translates to much improved ease of wearing. And as you say, I also happen to like a more conservative cut at times. But it is more than that; fit/comfort is better too.
But thank you - and to everyone - for the positive feedback & pleasant commentary!Originally Posted by Rudals
LOLDo Not Click If You Do Not Want To Read Another Story About My Wife (Click to show)I was actually driving into work with my wife and I handed the PS to her and asked her to fold it up. I have no idea how she did it but I like it better than a TV fold. If she folds it for me like that then I will continue to wear like that. I gotta have a little fun here and there.
I agree, fun is very important!!
It reminded me slightly of a table napkin; can she do origami swans? Imagine a swan peeking above the chest pocket!Originally Posted by eviltimeban
Probably too late now, but I'd use hotel laundry for you light blue shirt, and wear the white shirt with the patterned navy tie with your charcoal suit this evening. Light blue shirt with the brown tie & navy suit tomorrow.
I hate packing for conferences; it's a constant tension between not wanting to take too much and wanting to have a range of options to suit your mood and to cope with different events. I was at one just last week; only two days but, like you, I needed to take three changes of outfit (3.5 really).post #78073 of 787215/15/14 at 10:34amQuote:
He knows how to wear grey suits, and more.post #78074 of 787215/15/14 at 10:36ampost #78075 of 787215/15/14 at 10:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Sander
I think I found my new favorite tie for this shirt. Somehow I find darker blues much harder to coordinate, is it the same for you guys? Not sure what's going on with the collar...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Absolutely, darker blues are harder to work with. That said, this is an excellent example! It seems to me that your shirt collar is wrinkled by the collar of your jacket being a bit tight?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - ONE PIECE TWO WAYS - VOTING 28 seconds ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 1 minute ago
- › Cheaney 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › Adidas Stan Smith x Dover Street Market 18 minutes ago
- › Adidas Originals x Mastermind Japan ZX 500 OG 18 minutes ago
- › BAPE x adidas Originals Superstar "B-Sides" 20 minutes ago
- › 2008 Visvim x Comme Des Garcon Shirt FBT Lhamo "Marketing Machine" 22 minutes ago
- › Highs and Lows x Lacoste Sauville "Salute Pack" 23 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...