I agree with this. The new suit looks great Holdfast.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5204
Styleforum Top Pickspost #78047 of 787245/15/14 at 6:32amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
New suit (rtw only), first wearing:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
An attractive and interesting suit! It's a great fit. I like the length of the coat. But, the right shoulder is peaking up slightly. Maybe it is due to the way you are standing or the angle of your arm.post #78048 of 787245/15/14 at 6:36amQuote:
This coat looks wonderful on you. I'd say that you made out like a bandit.post #78049 of 787245/15/14 at 6:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
I agree that the first jacket looks a tad bit short on you, but if it is longer IRL then it should be passable. The second jacket looks great, only (your) left sleeve looks a little short. Caught on a wrist watch? If not, I would lengthen the sleeve a little. Also, not a fan of french cuffs with tweed....
Great suit and shoes!
I will repeat the SF mantra - "Would look better with a light blue shirt". I also agree with Clags that the tie looks a little out of place with a casual linen jacket, it would work better with a suit.
Not feeling the shirt in this context, a solid would be much better.
Today: Test driving a new spring/summer jacket from Belvest that I picked up on eBay for basically pocket change. So far I am pretty satisfied with the fit right out of the box.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Details (Click to show)
Love the fabric, P. Is there something going on with the left chest, though? Perhaps some shaping needed there?Quote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
New suit (rtw only), first wearing:
Excellent, HF. Just a shame that in the smaller sizes the Soho lapels obscure the chest pocket so much.Quote:
I enjoy a green pant, Don, but I'm afraid this combination isn't working for me. The top and bottom halves don't work well together IMHO.post #78050 of 787245/15/14 at 6:44ampost #78051 of 787245/15/14 at 6:58ampost #78052 of 787245/15/14 at 7:05ampost #78053 of 787245/15/14 at 7:22amQuote:
Even if I have worn striped ties before (and posted here as well) I have been warming up to them recently. I plan on getting a few more over the next few months. They seem to be particularly useful with the type of checked jacket I was wearing today, the smaller scale houndstooth variant, that are hard to pair with neats and other patterned ties.post #78054 of 787245/15/14 at 7:25ampost #78055 of 787245/15/14 at 7:26amQuote:
LOLDo Not Click If You Do Not Want To Read Another Story About My Wife (Click to show)I was actually driving into work with my wife and I handed the PS to her and asked her to fold it up. I have no idea how she did it but I like it better than a TV fold. If she folds it for me like that then I will continue to wear like that. I gotta have a little fun here and there.
Nice bad@ss suit by the wayWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #78056 of 787245/15/14 at 7:31ampost #78057 of 787245/15/14 at 8:30ampost #78058 of 787245/15/14 at 8:41am
Nice suit HF. Is that SS Soho yes?
So guys, I need your help. I'm at a conference with work, full of accountants and finance people. This is what I wore today:
It was sprung on me earlier that there is a dinner tonight that I need to attend. Its not black tie, or even particularly formal. However I only have a limited amount of stuff with me - jeans and sweater won't cut it. I do have another suit and white shirt with me, with a couple of ties. This is what I was planning to wear tomorrow:
Grey suit, white shirt, brown tie.
These are the other two ties I have with me:
Now, the question is, what should I wear tonight? I want to change out of what I've been wearing all day but at the same time I don't want to compromise what I'm planning to wear tomorrow. I do have another white shirt which I wore on the way down yesterday, but it is a little wrinkled. However tomorrow is a short day so I could get away with it.
Could I wear today's light blue shirt with the same suit and the tie on the right? Or should I wear white shirt for dinner, with the same tie and navy suit? I'd rather keep the grey suit for tomorrow. However I want to wear the right thing for dinner (which is not a 'formal' dinner as such, but I have nothing other than jeans as I mentioned).post #78059 of 787245/15/14 at 8:45ampost #78060 of 787245/15/14 at 8:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Even if I have worn striped ties before (and posted here as well) I have been warming up to them recently. I plan on getting a few more over the next few months. They seem to be particularly useful with the type of checked jacket I was wearing today, the smaller scale houndstooth variant, that are hard to pair with neats and other patterned ties.
i too am warming up to stripes as of late. hope to pick up a few over the summer.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Accrington Stanley vs Blackburn Rovers Live Streaming Soccer... 20 seconds ago
- › The Hand Sewn Buttonhole Thread 35 seconds ago
- › York City vs Hull City Live Streaming Soccer International - Club... 43 seconds ago
- › Official Golf Thread 58 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Rotherham United vs Nottingham Forest Live Streaming Soccer... 1 minute ago
- › Hartlepool United vs Sunderland Live Streaming Soccer International... 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › NIKE Thread 1 minute ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)