or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5199  

post #77971 of 78717
That's is a very cool look, Cleav. Reminds me of ManofKent, who posts regularly in SWD. You'll have my vote!
post #77972 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

That's is a very cool look, Cleav. Reminds me of ManofKent, who posts regularly in SWD. You'll have my vote!

That's high praise, thanks Murl. Very kind of you. smile.gif

@Rudals, certainly going hunting, for birdies and winners nod[1].gif
post #77973 of 78717
Love the look and that hat especially! Are you gonna enter the Friday Challenge?
post #77974 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

A nice hommage to a timeless look. However, since we touched upon this subject a few days ago, I want to add this: the reason why this looks so great on Sean Connery, is because of his dark hair, full eyebrows and his piercing black eyes. He has a very high contrast complexion. Now, I cannot see your facial features, but from what I can see on the pics, you seem to have a fairly ligght, low contrast complexion, is that right? In that case, I'm not sure if this look is the right one for you.

Interesting. I'd love to hear you expound a bit more on this, as I am of the opinion that a light blue shirt, navy tie, mid gray suit works well with pretty much any complexion. If it were a white shirt and black tie, I would agree that such a combination probably looks better on someone with darker hair and skin.
post #77975 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

Love the look and that hat especially! Are you gonna enter the Friday Challenge?

Thanks Jung, much appreciated. Yes, already 'thrown my hat in the ring"!
post #77976 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

 

Or wear a vest.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

 

(Edit:  I just want to add that there was a time within the living memory of some when braces/suspenders were not intended to be seen—almost like underwear.   So it’s possible that at least some of the disagreement on that point may in part be generational.)

Agreed. They should not be seen. However, in order to present the outfit my intention was to show them. In the same way the shirt is visible, which is considered to be an underwear as well. 

Nowadays it might be the case of personal opinion if to show braces or not, similarly as socks etc. Luca Rubinacci, whatever #sf think, almost always shows his braces/suspenders, while Prince Charles is not. There is a thin line and probably not strict rule about that. 

Thanks for comments guys

post #77977 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

SeaJen, at some point, you may think about getting a similar graph check with a different collar. Also, dem pants is wool, right?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i like that seajen. but like clags i would like a bit of a smaller check, also looks like a bi-color check, i prefer a single color. ymmv.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post

I want to dislike your shirt due to the skimpy collar and gap where collar meets-- but everything appears so well executed, I can't criticize a thing!

 

Thanks for the feedback, guize.

This is the only graph check shirt I own because I don't love them. I chose to wear it today because it was a better choice than my preferred striped shirts for this tie (and all my solid blue shirts need ironing). I tolerate the collar because at least the points reach under the lapels. I'm planning a Luxire extravaganza at some point, so perhaps I'll throw in some graph checks then. Planning on Sander's Barba collar for all of them I think. 

post #77978 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post
 

 

A nice hommage to a timeless look. However, since we touched upon this subject a few days ago, I want to add this: the reason why this looks so great on Sean Connery, is because of his dark hair, full eyebrows and his piercing black eyes. He has a very high contrast complexion. Now, I cannot see your facial features, but from what I can see on the pics, you seem to have a fairly ligght, low contrast complexion, is that right? In that case, I'm not sure if this look is the right one for you.


Thanks for the analysis EliodA, very perspicacious! I recall one SF member saying that a lot of things look better "when wearing Sean Connery." I am about the palest person you could imagine, yes. Here's a recent pic in the same suit, with my ghastly visage included:
 

Warning: Visage! (Click to show)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsalmon View Post
 

 

 

I haven't yet delved into the issue of complexion, but I would be interested in hearing how you think I could improve this particular fit for my complexion. Thanks again.

post #77979 of 78717

^ you've got more of a Daniel Craig complexion. :)

 

I'm not sure how to improve, the others will be better at that, but what was said was true - it looks great on Connery because of his darker complexion. I'm not 100% but a light blue shirt might tone down the contrast a bit, instead of the white.

post #77980 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post

Nice, as always.
May I ask for details about the tie, please?   I have a light blue linen/silk blend jacket that I think would like that as a companion.
Cheers,
Ac

thanks, Ac. tie is from conradwu.com. a fellow member here on SF, who makes fantastic ties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

ROFL, you almost killed me man, I choked on my beer when I saw this! rotflmao.gif

smile.gif

it was a moment of inspiration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

That's is a very cool look, Cleav. Reminds me of ManofKent, who posts regularly in SWD. You'll have my vote!

this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

...This is the only graph check shirt I own because I don't love them...

oh. i like a small single color graph check very much. i find mine to be very useful. in any case, the graph check here was a great choice for you.
post #77981 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammanati View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post

 

Or wear a vest.

Cheers,

Ac

(Edit:  I just want to add that there was a time within the living memory of some when braces/suspenders were not intended to be seen—almost like underwear.   So it’s possible that at least some of the disagreement on that point may in part be generational.)
Agreed. They should not be seen. However, in order to present the outfit my intention was to show them. In the same way the shirt is visible, which is considered to be an underwear as well. 
Nowadays it might be the case of personal opinion if to show braces or not, similarly as socks etc. Luca Rubinacci, whatever #sf think, almost always shows his braces/suspenders, while Prince Charles is not. There is a thin line and probably not strict rule about that. 
Thanks for comments guys

If you are looking for advice style, Prince Charles is infinitely more preferable to Luca Rubinacci....
post #77982 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Apologies for x post from FC

Something of a departure for me. Golf then off racing.





  More & details (Click to show)


Titfer - Harris Tweed

Shirt - RL

Tie - Cappelli

Waistcoat - Barbour

Trousers - Universal

Boots - old Grensons








So you have no rivals! =)

post #77983 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post

So you have no rivals! =)

Thanks Gianni

Forgive me for twisting your words - Rivals? No, friends a plenty!
post #77984 of 78717

Second new Cappelli tie

 

 

Bad light sitting pose and details (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

post #77985 of 78717
Well, i am not saying one is better than the other. They are very different but definitely both stylish in their own way, Prince Charles being obviously much more elegant and classy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III