Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5197post #77942 of 787175/14/14 at 3:54ampost #77943 of 787175/14/14 at 4:04ampost #77944 of 787175/14/14 at 4:14ampost #77945 of 787175/14/14 at 5:29ampost #77946 of 787175/14/14 at 6:07ampost #77947 of 787175/14/14 at 6:51amQuote:
This. I have often found that when wearing something that is not wrong, but just something that SF does not like, it's best to just keep it to yourself at times.Quote:
WHAT? Super light gray pants are awesome and everyone should have at least one pair. I think I have three. Was wearing a pair yesterday, and another pair today.
Mothon, that is an excellent looking fit. And congrats to the grad!post #77948 of 787175/14/14 at 7:01amQuote:
This, I like a lot. Looks like a casual event, due to the guy standing next to yout left, I assume it's your father-in-law, I bet you were the best dressed in the event but not overdressed. Very well done!post #77949 of 787175/14/14 at 7:08ampost #77950 of 787175/14/14 at 7:16ampost #77951 of 787175/14/14 at 7:20ampost #77952 of 787175/14/14 at 7:21amQuote:Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
A solid PS would enhance the look.
I don't have a solution for a better tie to go with that shirt. The tie and shirt are too matchy-matchy. Checked shirts are really cool but are devilishly hard to coordinate.
I would keep the tie and wear a solid white or light blue shirt.
The suit is a good fit.
I guess I am the fool who thinks the jacket is one size too big for me. So that means I am wrong.
Thank you for the feedback @clarinetplayer. I was walking into work without a tie one day and was wearing that gangnam shirt so I picked up that tie for $50.
I guess it was a bad judgment call. It is too matchy, indeed.
I think white shirt will make it look very professional. I will try both.
Thanks again.post #77953 of 787175/14/14 at 7:37ampost #77954 of 787175/14/14 at 8:03amQuote:
Or wear a vest.
(Edit: I just want to add that there was a time within the living memory of some when braces/suspenders were not intended to be seen—almost like underwear. So it’s possible that at least some of the disagreement on that point may in part be generational.)
Edited by Academic2 - 5/14/14 at 8:35ampost #77955 of 787175/14/14 at 8:04am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Help me with my casual wardrobe please! 58 seconds ago
- › MC General Chat 1 minute ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 1 minute ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...