or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5191  

post #77851 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i harbor no hate towards clip braces.

Me neither :happy: (btw wear both, clip and button braces)

post #77852 of 78717
Spring attitude, never mind the over 30 degree weather.

post #77853 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

cloud.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

That's only because your heart is pure, Stitchy - the rest of us aren't so saintly. shog[1].gif

lol, i dont wear 'spenders myself, but it does not bother at all when i see people with clip ons.
post #77854 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

cloud.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

That's only because your heart is pure, Stitchy - the rest of us aren't so saintly. shog[1].gif

lol, i dont wear 'spenders myself, but it does not bother at all when i see people with clip ons.

I wore a belt the other day for the first in forever and I was immediately reminded of why I hate wearing belts, braces are sooo much more comfortable.... nod[1].gif
post #77855 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

Yeah, that would normally be my position, but was inspired by that fit yesterday so dared to attempt again. Will probably return it to the drawer depths from whence it came...

Pet peeve # 1: I don't get the hate for contrast white linen pocket squares. They can look OK to me. Maybe yet another silly SF trope that has gathered momentum.

Pet peeve # 2: 'from whence' is tautological. 'Whence' does the job fine on its own!
post #77856 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

Yeah, that would normally be my position, but was inspired by that fit yesterday so dared to attempt again. Will probably return it to the drawer depths from whence it came...

Pet peeve # 1: I don't get the hate for contrast white linen pocket squares. They can look OK to me. Maybe yet another silly SF trope that has gathered momentum.

Pet peeve # 2: 'from whence' is tautological. 'Whence' does the job fine on its own!

 

Re: #1 - I just think they look wonky most of the time.

 

Re: #2 - technically true, but as Shakespeare, Defoe, Dickens, Trollope & the KJV all happily use "from whence", I feel in decent enough company to continue to use the more poetic and certianly prettier - albeit illogical - construction. And where better than SF to value prettiness over logic! ;) I just googled the issue, and apparently arguments over the propriety of its usage date back the the 14th century! P.S. you do have Dr Johnson, of dictionary fame, on your side. He called its usage, "a vicious mode of speech". Interesting article; I learn something new every day.

post #77857 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post

Pet peeve # 1: I don't get the hate for contrast white linen pocket squares. They can look OK to me. Maybe yet another silly SF trope that has gathered momentum.
Not sure about the hate gathering momentum. As far as I know, it's only Holdfast that has expressed disgust for it. They look very fine to me.
post #77858 of 78717

(Click for larger)

 

Closeup: (Click to show)

 

 

post #77859 of 78717
Originally Posted by kulata View Post
 
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post

Pet peeve # 1: I don't get the hate for contrast white linen pocket squares. They can look OK to me. Maybe yet another silly SF trope that has gathered momentum.
Not sure about the hate gathering momentum. As far as I know, it's only Holdfast that has expressed disgust for it. They look very fine to me.


Pingson did say he wanted to burn them all. I think that means he counts as a seconder! :D 

post #77860 of 78717

@Academic2's fit could use a contrast edge white linen square.

post #77861 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

@Academic2's fit could use a contrast edge white linen square.

Shut up and post a freaking fit!

post #77862 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post


Pingson did say he wanted to burn them all. I think that means he counts as a seconder! biggrin.gif  
SMH. You are all wrong and will eventually see the light. biggrin.gif
post #77863 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

@Academic2's fit could use a contrast edge white linen square.

 

Thanks.

 

I'm afraid I don't wear pocket squares.  Never have an occasion where they'd be  appropriate.  :cry:

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #77864 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
 

Shut up and post a freaking fit!

 

I would, but I don't have a wife to take pictures of me on a lunch date. I would ask my coworker to, but he'd just laugh at me.

post #77865 of 78717

As a fellow n00b, I would like you to be more active and receptive in this forum. 

Start posting!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III