or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5189  

post #77821 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post
 

 

Didn't you buy a very similar one? Same cut, slightly different fabric?

 

Yup, the "purple" one but when I tried the same as yours I felt it was to short and didn't buy it. Strangely enough, when I measured that one (the same as yours) it was 30" from the BOC and the one I bought is 31" :confused:

post #77822 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Channeling my inner math teacher . . . . Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







 

 

Everything here is up to your usual high standards, but I'm not a fan of the pocket shirt with braces.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickPollica View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Head to ankles current season Eidos including my favorite navy suit at the moment made from Tallia Delfino's fake wool solaro (no red backside) and our cotton dot knit that all the stores told me was too wide for them to sell. baldy[1].gif

 

That's a great way of making a navy suit more casual. How wide is that tie? I've been looking for a knit tie that's at least 3.25".

post #77823 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


cleav, vurr nice. if the tie is black i do not like that PS with it. if the tie is dark navy, i think i am ok with it.

Thanks S, 'tis blue. You made me look at it again and it does look dark there. IRL certainly a blue.biggrin.gif

Thanks for the thumbs gents, much appreciated nod[1].gif

@EliodA thanks mate! lol8[1].gif
post #77824 of 78717
GREAT NEWS!!!! ITS BLUE!!!!
post #77825 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

smashing look, P. who makes the suit?

Cifonelli bespoke, but alas not for me. Still one of my most well-fitting suits - only had to drop the cuffs to lengthen the trousers, no other alterations needed....
post #77826 of 78717
Monkeyface said "Everything here is up to your usual high standards, but I'm not a fan of the pocket shirt with braces."

I must agree with you, but, in my haste last night laying out my clothes, I didn't realize that the shirt was not only pocketed, but also button cuff shog[1].gif . Oops.
post #77827 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Cifonelli bespoke, but alas not for me. Still one of my most well-fitting suits - only had to drop the cuffs to lengthen the trousers, no other alterations needed....

tis perfection. but cuffs would be nice. smile.gif
post #77828 of 78717
Quote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Originally Posted by NickPollica View Post





Head to ankles current season Eidos including my favorite navy suit at the moment made from Tallia Delfino's fake wool solaro (no red backside) and our cotton dot knit that all the stores told me was too wide for them to sell. baldy[1].gif

I must admit, I almost bought a few of the Eidos ties, but didn't pull the trigger on account of the width. It looks great on you, but at 5'8" and skinny as a rail, they looked like bibs on me.

post #77829 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Monkeyface said "Everything here is up to your usual high standards, but I'm not a fan of the pocket shirt with braces."

I must agree with you, but, in my haste last night laying out my clothes, I didn't realize that the shirt was not only pocketed, but also button cuff shog[1].gif . Oops.

 

It happens to the best of us. This is one of those nitpicks that you'll only see on SF.

post #77830 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsymph View Post

I must admit, I almost bought a few of the Eidos ties, but didn't pull the trigger on account of the width. It looks great on you, but at 5'8" and skinny as a rail, they looked like bibs on me.

Our ties are 8cm which is roughly the same width as our jacket lapel. If you are wearing that lapel comfortably your tie should be in proportion to it!
post #77831 of 78717
post #77832 of 78717
I need to find a picture app with a timer longer than 5 seconds.

post #77833 of 78717
Oh man....the shoulder of that jacket...so great!!! I'm back in NYC 23rd thru 27th, DEFINITELY planning to get a piece or two from Eidos at Bloomingdales this time



[
post #77834 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Cifonelli bespoke, but alas not for me. Still one of my most well-fitting suits - only had to drop the cuffs to lengthen the trousers, no other alterations needed....

tis perfection. but cuffs would be nice. smile.gif

I agree in the cuffs, but it was no cuffs or no suit, so it was an easy choice nod[1].gif
post #77835 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

I need to find a picture app with a timer longer than 5 seconds. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

iPhone? If so Camera+ has a self-timer up to 30 sec
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III