or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 518  

post #7756 of 78722

Question:

How do I remove a duplicate reply?

post #7757 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldehyde View Post

My first WAYWRN - I've learned a lot from this thread and think it is time to take the next step and post pictures for criticism.

18July11026-1.jpg

This was an unnaturally low angle which is not very flattering. I'll crack out the tripod next time.

 

 

I've recently posted my first picture and altough my look was far from flawless, I didn't get any criticism. I think most pictures from unknown/new users just go unnoticed, if they aren't very peculiar.

I suggest you to wear a tie next time. I think it adds much more character to the (quite common) combination of slacks and SC.


 

 

post #7758 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by bafe View Post

I've recently posted my first picture and altough my look was far from flawless, I didn't get any criticism. I think most pictures from "unkown" members just go unnoticed if not very peculiar.

May I suggest you to wear a tie, next time? I think it adds  much intrest to the (quite common) combination of slacks and SC.

 


You've posted a horrible quality photo at a very unflattering angle in your flip flops. What do you expect?
post #7759 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post



You've posted a horrible quality photo at a very unflattering angle in your flip flops. What do you expect?


No positive comment, but It's still possible to comment on the fit (which I admit is really poor, esp. in the jacket) which was my intention.

I don't even have a camera at home and the quality of my phone's camera is horrible, I think for the next weeks I will not be able to post anything better. I'll probably just comment, without posting any pic.

post #7760 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by bafe View Post





No positive comment, but It's still possible to comment on the fit (which I admit is really poor, esp. in the jacket) which was my intention.

I don't even have a camera at home and the quality of my phone's camera is horrible, I think for the next weeks I will not be able to post anything better. I'll probably just comment, without posting any pic.


If you want comments on the fit, start a separate thread. This is not what this thread is about. Also, no one can comment on your fit if the pictures are so bad. Take better pictures from the right angle and then people would be glad to help you.
post #7761 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post



If you want comments on the fit, start a separate thread. This is not what this thread is about. Also, no one can comment on your fit if the pictures are so bad. Take better pictures from the right angle and then people would be glad to help you.


As I said, I'll wait until I have my camera and tripod back, for now I'll just avoid taking pictures with a camera phone.

 

post #7762 of 78722
..
post #7763 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post


This splendid tie and shirt combination creates a dazzling effect. There's power in pink! I wonder what this would like with your blue DB blazer and white trousers?

Sure, I am no great contributor on this site, but I will say this, nothing of this combination seems right. It may be the picture that is doing it injustice, but as far as I can tell the jacket looks loose, the red in the jacket, shirt and tie seems to crash or is overpowering, and I really think the knot is wrong with that collar.
post #7764 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post


King shit. There is no way that should be pulled off but you nailed it. I assume it's a SC. What pants you got going? Deets on shoes?
It not SC, is a suit. Drawing of trousers precisely same. Shoes - C&J Belgrave Suede. Thanks for the comment.


Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post


This splendid tie and shirt combination creates a dazzling effect. There's power in pink! I wonder what this would like with your blue DB blazer and white trousers?
Thanks, Maestro! I think it good idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

absolutely amazing. love it. fing02[1].gif
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDickDiver View Post


Sure, I am no great contributor on this site, but I will say this, nothing of this combination seems right. It may be the picture that is doing it injustice, but as far as I can tell the jacket looks loose, the red in the jacket, shirt and tie seems to crash or is overpowering, and I really think the knot is wrong with that collar.
I am a little confused, however.... Thanks.
post #7765 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Not CBD, GMS.

Is GMS a bowdlerization of Grown-Ass Man Style that I coined for Mike B? If so, I'd like some royalties for each use... lol8[1].giffight[1].gif
post #7766 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Wore this on Saturday

500

Only fasten the middle button on your coat; lighter color neckties for lighter color suits whether linen, cotton or fresco (I prefer worsteds) fabrics in the summer. Chi-town? If so, then stop by SAKS 5th on Miracle Mile, speak to Henry Woford of the men's clothing for further style tips. Overall looks good, points for shirt cuffs nod[1].gif
post #7767 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

500
Add pocket square. Subtract top button on jacket. Good to go, sir. fing02[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldehyde View Post

My first WAYWRN - I've learned a lot from this thread and think it is time to take the next step and post pictures for criticism.
18July11026-1.jpg
Diving into WAYWRN is a good move. More and better pics, though, will garner more (and more useful) criticism. In addition to the long shot, take a couple of closeups to reveal the details. And, as you said, break out that tripod. smile.gif
post #7768 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcc View Post


Only fasten the middle button on your coat; lighter color neckties for lighter color suits whether linen, cotton or fresco (I prefer worsteds) fabrics in the summer. Chi-town? If so, then stop by SAKS 5th on Miracle Mile, speak to Henry Woford of the men's clothing for further style tips. Overall looks good, points for shirt cuffs nod[1].gif

Thanks for the advice, thinking about turning into 3/2. No, NYC Rockefeller Plaza.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post

Add pocket square. Subtract top button on jacket. Good to go, sir. fing02[1].gif

Working on some grabbing some pocket squares
post #7769 of 78722
I'm torn between posting this here or on the Q&A thread. But anyway, just got a custom suit tailored and pretty pleased of the result except for the shoulder pads. I feel that it's too wide about 0.5-1 inch. What do you think? Where should shoulder pads sit anyway? Never mind the t-shirt and the girl room.

QPeuW.jpg
xEGXg.jpg
post #7770 of 78722
Who's gonna be the first to tell him??biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III