or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5151  

post #77251 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I gotta confession to make:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm not wearing socks. And it feels real good.


hippie!!!!

i has gooood fotd tomorrowe bit nows= im a drynunks!!!

snork[1].gif
post #77252 of 78717
smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsatisfied.gifnod[1].gif
post #77253 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsatisfied.gifnod[1].gif

Go to bed Stichy, we need you fresh and sober come tomorrow....... cheers.gif
post #77254 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

How about, because they are fucking comfy? How about, because they work with the fit? No other reason is needed....

Because this is STYLE forum not Comfy Forum. Otherwise there'd be lots of pictures of us in well fitting plush onesies. Footies optional.

 

Yeah, obvs, but as long as a look is relatively coherent and looks good, who gives a fuck apart from Star Wars nerds? I am far more concerned with people posting incoherent/ugly looks--which happens on a daily basis--than 'oh no, he wore this type of sock at this occasion--fail'. Only Star Wars nerd can take criticism and rules so far past where they need to be. Yes, we get it, you read up about the history of clothes; you know this was worn then and why. Doesn't mean that affects in any way the aesthetics of a good look. If you don't want to wear loafers when it's rainy/in the dark/at a party/to a funeral/in space/whatever then fine, but don't always act surprised when someone else does, and ASK them why they are wearing them (OMFG, LOL). You are just a Star Wars nerd; get over it.

 

Edit: I just read your next post (ROFL). You say there is no reason to wear bit loafers. LOL, there is no reason to wear a tie. There is no reason to wear clothes than to stay warm and/or dry. ALL of the other 'reasons' have been made up by people, so please don't say stupid things like this. His shoes were a good colour, a nice shape, reasonably good leather, etc. I don't see how anyone could mark him down for those shoes bar personal distaste for loafers (which is what this is).


Edited by JapanAlex01 - 5/7/14 at 12:23am
post #77255 of 78717

Why Star Wars nerd in particular? Seems a bit specific. Are you secretly a trekky is that why?

post #77256 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

How about, because they are fucking comfy? How about, because they work with the fit? No other reason is needed....


Because this is STYLE forum not Comfy Forum. Otherwise there'd be lots of pictures of us in well fitting plush onesies. Footies optional.

Yeah, obvs, but as long as a look is relatively coherent and looks good, who gives a fuck apart from Star Wars nerds? I am far more concerned with people posting incoherent/ugly looks--which happens on a daily basis--than 'oh no, he wore this type of sock at this occasion--fail'. Only Star Wars nerd can take 
criticism and rules so far past where they need to be. Yes, we get it, you read up about the history of clothes; you know this was worn then and why. Doesn't mean that affects in any way the 
aesthetics of a good look. If you don't want to wear loafers when it's rainy/in the dark/at a party/to a funeral/in space/whatever then fine, but don't always act surprised when someone else does, and ASK them why they are wearing them (OMFG, LOL). You are just a Star Wars nerd; get over it.

Oh come on, this is StyleForum - the whole f***ng point of the forum is to nitpick and comment on petty details. It's only clothes after all....
post #77257 of 78717

He, obviously, likes the collegiate/preppy look, and he's pulled that look off well. The end.

post #77258 of 78717

Another gray suit today. With vintage tie and PS this time.

 

MiOWNGQ.jpg

post #77259 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post

Why Star Wars nerd in particular? Seems a bit specific. Are you secretly a trekky is that why?

Oh for god sakes, it's trekker, NOT trekky. Damn it, doesn't anyone know the rules anymore?

;-)
post #77260 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

How about, because they are fucking comfy? How about, because they work with the fit? No other reason is needed....


Because this is STYLE forum not Comfy Forum. Otherwise there'd be lots of pictures of us in well fitting plush onesies. Footies optional.

Yeah, obvs, but as long as a look is relatively coherent and looks good, who gives a fuck apart from Star Wars nerds? I am far more concerned with people posting incoherent/ugly looks--which happens on a daily basis--than 'oh no, he wore this type of sock at this occasion--fail'. Only Star Wars nerd can take 
criticism and rules so far past where they need to be. Yes, we get it, you read up about the history of clothes; you know this was worn then and why. Doesn't mean that affects in any way the 
aesthetics of a good look. If you don't want to wear loafers when it's rainy/in the dark/at a party/to a funeral/in space/whatever then fine, but don't always act surprised when someone else does, and ASK them why they are wearing them (OMFG, LOL). You are just a Star Wars nerd; get over it.

Edit: I just read your next post (ROFL). You say there is no reason to wear bit loafers. LOL, there is no reason to wear a tie. There is no reason to wear clothes than to stay warm and/or dry. ALL of the other 'reasons' have been made up by people, so please don't say stupid things like this. His shoes were a good colour, a nice shape, reasonably good leather, etc. I don't see how anyone could mark him down for those shoes bar personal distaste for loafers (which is what this is).

Oh, I see that ranty Alex is posting today...

If I thought they worked, I wouldn't have encouraged him to find an alternative, right? And they don't evoke a collegiate/preppy vibe. More dentist-at-the-weekend.
post #77261 of 78717

Morning gents,

 

Featuring a Husbands Paris sport coat today with Luxire trousers

 

 

 

post #77262 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

He, obviously, likes the collegiate/preppy look, and he's pulled that look off well. The end.

And that would be perfectly true if everything revolved around you and your opinions but, frown.gif ...

But at least it looks like your Xanax kicked in since the earlier posts!
post #77263 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

Another gray suit today. With vintage tie and PS this time.

MiOWNGQ.jpg
It's so nice to see a few wrinkles and creases as opposed to all the new and shiny that permeates this thread.
post #77264 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcobinad View Post

My contribution



Jacket looks a little baggy.

Maybe have your tailor take it in a bit.
post #77265 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post
 

Another gray suit today. With vintage tie and PS this time.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
MiOWNGQ.jpg

 

 

that's a beautiful pic in natural lite up top there.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeamasterLux View Post
 

Morning gents,

 

Featuring a Husbands Paris sport coat today with Luxire trousers

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

I was quite concerned about those metal discs growing out the back of your arms, but makes sense now I got my glasses.  Very nice play on purples and greens, and that top buttonhole is :satisfied:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III