or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5147  

post #77191 of 78717
Yeah, I know. I just had a really good outcome with Kent Wang. I'll be ordering a second suit from him soon. MTM might be your best bet. I'll snap a shot later this week of how it turned out.
post #77192 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post
 

I have no cash for new suits right now. I'd like something which is both more classic and more in step with current tastes, but it's just not going to happen anytime soon. Even then, I might not kick this one to the curb -- I wear it once in a blue moon as it is.

 

I'm pretty much set on versatile sportcoats for a while. Like, I have too many. I'd like some less versatile ones for specific applications now.

 

I'm not trying to be defensive, but it's not as if this suit is a representative sample of my wardrobe. I know enough to know what's wrong with that suit (and what's far from a la mode about it), but alas, I must compromise from time to time.

 

You're totally right about the lapel buttonholes, of course.

 

EDIT:

 

Monkeyface,

 

I considered adding lower buttons, but I worry they'd end up too close to the hem. Looking at other shots, the lower buttons would end up about an inch below the bottom of the pocket flaps, which would be a little lower than on most of the tasteful examples I've checked out.

 

I might try moving the upper two buttons out a bit, to break up the chest.

 

I was thinking of adding buttons on the top, above the the two top buttons, which would make it a 6x1. Rubinacci's 6x1 was quite the hit at Pitti and was featured in the Rake.


Edited by Monkeyface - 5/6/14 at 9:38am
post #77193 of 78717

The rest of the week will be pretty formal, especially as it is commencement on Friday, so sans tie today.

 

 

Warning: Preppy spring pants within! (Click to show)

 

post #77194 of 78717
Lots of good/great today gentlemen nod[1].gif

Thanks for the shout @The_Foxx you're too kind!

Vanda PS, NYI and Murlsquirl icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #77195 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post
Vanda PS, NYI and Murlsquirl icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Did you just give a shout out to my pocket square?

 

:box: 

post #77196 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Did you just give a shout out to my pocket square?

boxing%5B1%5D.gif 

Caught me bang to rights guvnor!

It is an extraordinary PS worn exceptionally well Sir!

Merits a full pic, if you don't mind, so the quality of said PS and how you expertly use it can be fully appreciated nod[1].gif
post #77197 of 78717
Oh, sorry Clags I get it now. By Vanda PS I was flagging your post with the utmost respect! As you can see above dear heart wink.gif
post #77198 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

Had to wake up too early this morning... My love affair with knit ties continues, even though circumstances demand me to only wear 'boring' navy and gray suits at the moment.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
wCCJj1P.jpg

Very good @EliodA, details on the suit (cloth in particular)? It looks awesome...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post

X-post from the challenge.
Cotton SC - Raffaele Caruso.

Drake´s, Kamakura, C&J etc. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


That is very, very good @Anden (possibly minus the exploding PS), that Caruso jacket looks inlove.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Still test driving that Hackett waistcoat.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




SC - Pal Zileri Sartoriale
Tie - Henry Buck's
Shirt, chinos - Canali
Square - Duchamp

eek.gif it will take my eyes a few days to settle down again after looking at that, way way too busy for me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

The rest of the week will be pretty formal, especially as it is commencement on Friday, so sans tie today. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Warning: Preppy spring pants within! (Click to show)



Damn it, I thumbed it before looking at the pants baldy[1].gif. This would have been a classic casual look with khakis, but I am not a fan of the magic mint colour..... Shirt looks like the perfect casual shirt though fing02[1].gif

Been away a while and have mainly been lurking the past few weeks. Will try and get back to posting a little more again. Here's today, still unfortunately cold enough for tweed here cold[1].gif


More detailed shots: (Click to show)


post #77199 of 78717

@Pingson

...was starting to wonder where you were. Then I realized what's there to worry about when your students look like this.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
comfortable-swedish-football-girls.jpg
post #77200 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

@Pingson

...was starting to wonder where you were. Then I realized what's there to worry about when your students look like this. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
comfortable-swedish-football-girls.jpg

What can I say, I'm just very, very lucky to be living in Scandinavia nod[1].gif
post #77201 of 78717

I guess you've been lurking the challenge thread, Ping, and decided to bring the hammer. Which just goes to show that you get what you ask for. 

I know the east coast preppy aesthetic isn't to everyone's taste, but I live in a very preppy place. I'll go ahead and guess you wont be a fan of Nuntucket reds either.

Thanks for the praise you did give me, though.

post #77202 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

I guess you've been lurking the challenge thread, Ping, and decided to bring the hammer. Which just goes to show that you get what you ask for. 
I know the east coast preppy aesthetic isn't to everyone's taste, but I live in a very preppy place. I'll go ahead and guess you wont be a fan of Nuntucket reds either.
Thanks for the praise you did give me, though.

I actually read the FC thread after having posted here, so it was entirely coincidental shog[1].gif.

Nantucket reds I find much more pleasing, I actually own a pair myself that I hope to wear if we ever get anything that remotely resembles spring here.....
post #77203 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post


I actually read the FC thread after having posted here, so it was entirely coincidental shog[1].gif.

Nantucket reds I find much more pleasing, I actually own a pair myself that I hope to wear if we ever get anything that remotely resembles spring here.....

Is patch madras a step too far?

If it provides any relief, blazer and khakis is my warm weather default. I break out the colors for a change of pace, but they get their most use while on vacation in Hawaii.

post #77204 of 78717
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pingson View Post


Very good @EliodA, details on the suit (cloth in particular)? It looks awesome...


[...]


Been away a while and have mainly been lurking the past few weeks. Will try and get back to posting a little more again. Here's today, still unfortunately cold enough for tweed here cold[1].gif

 

More detailed shots: (Click to show)

 

 

Thank you very much for the kind words! The suit is actually the most basic OTR charcoal suit from Boggi Milano. Bought it a few years ago for less than € 400 and I guess it's one of the best bang-for-your-bucks items in my wardrobe.

Welcome back BTW, I (we) missed your fits. This one is outstanding as usual! :slayer: 

 

Edit: I looked it up, cloth is VBC S110s

post #77205 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post


It was in general. I'm just bitching. We all have those moments of frustration I imagine. bigstar[1].gif

 

Indeed.

 

My moment has lasted for several decades.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III