Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5143post #77131 of 787245/5/14 at 6:47pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #77132 of 787245/5/14 at 7:02pmQuote:
They're work boots and unpressed trousers with a rolled hem, while up top is dressy, ornate, and slightly precious. You're telling two different stories.post #77133 of 787245/5/14 at 7:28pmQuote:
I see, I see. Good point. Would a more appropriate shoe and a smaller cuff (I'm a cuffed, like my father before me and his father before him) fix the outfit or is it a total loss?post #77134 of 787245/5/14 at 7:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by mrjester
Deets (Click to show)
White balance is off on the pants.. first pic (belt pic) is good. Cell pics. What can I say.
Details on the jacket?post #77135 of 787245/5/14 at 7:47pmpost #77136 of 787245/5/14 at 7:49pm
One of the few Braddock fits I wasn't absolutely in love with. Sweater and pants were less than what I would have wanted.
In Texas, where I was born and raised, I was often asked if I was from Europe, or had spent some substantial time there. No idea why. This happened most frequently when I was working retail in college. No idea why this was the case--I have a fairly neutral accent. However, I got recently hired to do a small bit of voice work here not because of my real accent, but because of my ability to do a clear Southern accent. And the company I'm doing the work for, as well as the people who selected me, are Korean-Americans. So it isn't just Koreans not knowing what a Southern accent sounds like.
It is heavily drawn from Frank Underwood
Edited by Claghorn - 5/5/14 at 8:27pmpost #77137 of 787245/5/14 at 7:54pmpost #77138 of 787245/5/14 at 8:21pmQuote:
A cuff ain't a roll. You get a sewn cuff on your trousers, they're going to work with anything you throw at them. If you roll them up, as you have there, then you're limiting yourself to super casual stuff.
The leg openings on those trousers are too small for those boots, too. You may have big feet, in which case you'll want proportionally wider trousers. They may just be big, clunky work boots.
I'd press the trousers, and wear them with more-refined shoes, and then you'd be more-or-less set. That said, the next navy blazer you buy should be more casual: smooth worsted and delicate pic-stitching means that one's never going to be as much at home with chinos as a hopsack/fresco blazer.post #77139 of 787245/6/14 at 12:28ampost #77140 of 787245/6/14 at 12:53ampost #77141 of 787245/6/14 at 1:01ampost #77142 of 787245/6/14 at 2:58ampost #77143 of 787245/6/14 at 3:10ampost #77144 of 787245/6/14 at 3:16ampost #77145 of 787245/6/14 at 3:16amQuote:
I think there are a few issues here, that rowing blazer looks a little lonely without a tie, moreover, the shirt and trousers are far too close in colour, with the jacket just overpowering everything else.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 second ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 23 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)