Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5135post #77012 of 787175/4/14 at 6:29pmI agree about that jacket - I think it's one I wanted to pull the trigger on but the measurements didn't work for me. Great close up shot you managed to get.
Murl - thank you! I'm not about to get down for some bickering either but I suppose I still have a weak spot for seeing Beantown used. Oops.post #77013 of 787175/4/14 at 6:45pmpost #77014 of 787175/4/14 at 6:52pmpost #77015 of 787175/4/14 at 6:57pmpost #77016 of 787175/4/14 at 7:31pmAAS, re the striped-shirt outfit:
Tira, that was the tie I was going to get, but decided at the last minute that it really just doesn't fit in with my wardrobe. Looks great on you.post #77017 of 787175/4/14 at 7:41pmpost #77018 of 787175/4/14 at 8:02pmQuote:
I was being wholly sarcastic and facetious.
I have friends from the cape that say that phrase and it really irks me.
And yeah, I am a transplant, but calling boston the bean is pretty established especially for events.post #77019 of 787175/4/14 at 8:08pmDunno man, looks a bit formal and stodgy to me-- you look like a slender, young guy that could have more fun with your clothes, especially now that spring has mostly sprung and for a social occasion. For some reason, I can much more easily picture you being happier and more comfortable in this (prob any knit tie would look cool with this one), or a lightweight sportcoat from the same source
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/copenhagen-green-plain/P3801I.html?start=9&cgid=SuitsQuote:Originally Posted by YRR92
I'd love some feedback on this, since this is far afield from what I typically wear. Wish I had the money to get an absolutely square, classic worsted suit, but it's just not in the cards at the moment. Not sure about the button stance on this one (sorry it's hard to see). Does anybody think I should try narrowing the wrap and moving the top buttons?
This was for a social occasion in the late afternoon:
Any other feedback is, of course, welcome.post #77020 of 787175/4/14 at 8:37pmQuote:
Thanks. Don't forget the dead vegetation.Quote:Originally Posted by The_Foxx
Dunno man, looks a bit formal and stodgy to me-- you look like a slender, young guy that could have more fun with your clothes, especially now that spring has mostly sprung and for a social occasion. For some reason, I can much more easily picture you being happier and more comfortable in this (prob any knit tie would look cool with this one), or a lightweight sportcoat from the same source
I was having fun.
Often, when people try to dress "creatively," but in a fairly dressy way (anything north of a casual suit), it comes off rather labored, and I'm afraid I just find that kind of thing exhausting.
Luckily, I tend to dress casually enough (unusual for me to be dressed more formally than a sportcoat and trousers, with tie) that I can play around a bit more.
I'd like a green cotton suit, but that would have been too casual for today.
Thanks, though.post #77021 of 787175/4/14 at 9:24pmQuote:
Been on sale around 30% off for a while.post #77022 of 787175/4/14 at 11:34pmpost #77023 of 787175/4/14 at 11:58pmpost #77024 of 787175/5/14 at 12:16ampost #77025 of 787175/5/14 at 2:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Roycru
At my old school dinner, Brooks Brothers jacket and shirt, Windsor tie, Thomas pink pocket square, L. L. Bean pants, and Allen-Edmonds shoes........Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Lovely jacket, but sleeves are a tad short; shirt sleeves OTOH are too long. Trousers are shapeless, too baggy, but the colour matches your other clothes well. The pocket square looks a little lonely.
Just a few minor flaws short of a very nice fit indeed.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Going from greasemonkey to business casual 7 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 16 minutes ago
- › John Elliott The Cast 2, Plumas or Coast 16 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 17 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 19 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 21 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...