Same double monks I always wear. Meermin
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:35 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5117post #76741 of 787174/30/14 at 8:45ampost #76742 of 787174/30/14 at 8:51ampost #76743 of 787174/30/14 at 8:56ampost #76744 of 787174/30/14 at 9:03amQuote:
Remove the waistcoat, open the top shirt button, and buy some trousers with a wider leg (as those make your legs look like matchsticks), and this would be a pretty decent look. I am impressed by the shoos.
Anyone telling you to go to SW&D should, maybe, actually, go look in some of their threads. He's one of us, guys...
I just realized the waistcoat is attached to the pants so removing it may not be so easy?post #76745 of 787174/30/14 at 9:13ampost #76746 of 787174/30/14 at 9:22ampost #76747 of 787174/30/14 at 9:23ampost #76748 of 787174/30/14 at 9:28ampost #76749 of 787174/30/14 at 9:29ampost #76750 of 787174/30/14 at 9:40ampost #76751 of 787174/30/14 at 9:52amOriginally Posted by An Acute Style
Monochrome: a trio of navy patterns. Thanks for the thumbs yesterday.
I love your highwire pattern combinations, but for me this one isn't syncing up right. That's a really tough shirt to pair with a patterned tie.
Have you ever posted a full-length shot of this suit? It always looks so splendid in the close-ups.Originally Posted by TRMay
First WAYWRN post.
Firstly, welcome to the thread. You already know I liked your outfit with the grey version of these that you posted in the Luxire thread. I think it's worth cross-posting that look into here too:
For me, the grey works much better with the other colours than the navy does. It creates a drab (but in a good way) colour combination, whereas the navy is too much of a contrast against both shirt and jacket. Swap those pale brown boots into your grey outfit and it is all kinds of awesome.
I think the navy needs a slightly different interpretation. Maybe a different coloured jacket, the pale blue shirt plus a thin bow-tie? Not sure. Would need experimenting. But they would be fun experiments.
By the way, I agree strongly with those saying that your outfits definitely belong in this section of the forum rather than SWD.Originally Posted by europrep
Rare suit day for me
That's a really, really, really nice tie. Probably my favourite tie in this thread for quite some time, and the outfit uses it very well indeed. Mind you, I am inordinately fond of teal/navy combinations. I think it would also work with a white shirt, FWIW.
Casual again today:post #76752 of 787174/30/14 at 10:01amQuote:
Yes, it does work well with a white shirt too.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #76753 of 787174/30/14 at 10:22ampost #76754 of 787174/30/14 at 10:25ampost #76755 of 787174/30/14 at 10:32am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 3 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 7 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › £350 Club Monaco 100% Italian Cashmere Sweater 50 Large 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...