^light blue. you inspired me to kop the tie. love it
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5116post #76726 of 787234/30/14 at 4:55am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #76727 of 787234/30/14 at 4:59ampost #76728 of 787234/30/14 at 5:34ampost #76729 of 787234/30/14 at 5:44ampost #76730 of 787234/30/14 at 6:25amQuote:Originally Posted by MrDaniels
I don't think you could have gone wrong with a white, straight-fold PS with that fit.
That's what I had, but I took it out as I feared the white clashed with the yellow in the tie. Plus, this is a slightly more 'casual' look, so the white TV fold would've formalised it a bit too much.post #76731 of 787234/30/14 at 6:28amQuote:Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Remove the waistcoat, open the top shirt button, and buy some trousers with a wider leg (as those make your legs look like matchsticks), and this would be a pretty decent look. I am impressed by the shoos.
Anyone telling you to go to SW&D should, maybe, actually, go look in some of their threads. He's one of us, guys...
You sure you don't want to recommend gray instead of navy while he's swapping trousers and switching out his jacket for a patch pocket navy blazer? Or are you trying to convert him slowly?
I've spent a decent amount of time lurking SWD, and frankly recommendations such as yours are the entire reason I tried to send him there. The aesthetic that he presents here is much more in line with a SWD look than the MC casual that would result from following all of your advice. Ergo, I contend that he would receive better feedback over there than over here. It's not that I'm offended by his presence, rather his look isn't likely to be encouraged here and attempts to have him "conform" are much more likely.
That said, those that are much more my senior here seem to want him to stick around and I assume that there are reasons for that; but at least they are encouraging him in a way that doesn't attempt to entirely destroy his chosen aesthetic.post #76732 of 787234/30/14 at 6:36amQuote:Quote:
Braddock - sublime as usual.
Europrep - awesome. nice to see you posting a full fit.post #76733 of 787234/30/14 at 6:48ampost #76734 of 787234/30/14 at 7:02ampost #76735 of 787234/30/14 at 7:08ampost #76736 of 787234/30/14 at 7:21amQuote:
I'll wear a light one tomorrow.post #76737 of 787234/30/14 at 7:23ampost #76738 of 787234/30/14 at 7:45ampost #76739 of 787234/30/14 at 7:57am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 968 Active Users (164 Members and 804 Guests)
- › Frederick Scholte 18 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 12 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 14 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 15 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 15 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 15 minutes ago
- › Pictures of nice gloves...? 16 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...