I'm not a dandy, but that is a nice shoe collection! :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5073post #76081 of 787214/22/14 at 8:41am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #76082 of 787214/22/14 at 8:45ampost #76083 of 787214/22/14 at 8:48ampost #76084 of 787214/22/14 at 8:49ampost #76085 of 787214/22/14 at 8:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Shoe artist
It's rainy day over there, I hope you will appreciate this one !
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wow. This is so nice. This has to get 20 thumbs for the other thread ... especially considering what else has made it.
Mine was probably like the 3rd one I've ever given, and lucky #20.post #76086 of 787214/22/14 at 8:54ampost #76087 of 787214/22/14 at 8:56amQuote:Originally Posted by kulata
Discordant look. You are trying to mix bold and conservative and it doesn't really work quite well. I like the shirt and tie combo but not with the jacket and pants. That shirt and tie deserves a bold suit like a Glen-plaid from Tom Ford, RLPL, Paul Stuart etc or a jacket with bolder styling like your DB.
I'm not certain I agree. I do, however, wish the pants were a deeper shade of tan, to balance out all the other brown elements. With that, I think the blue jacket would work.
The DB would be another nice touch.post #76088 of 787214/22/14 at 8:56ampost #76089 of 787214/22/14 at 8:58ampost #76090 of 787214/22/14 at 9:02ampost #76091 of 787214/22/14 at 9:07am
Actually, yours not so much. I think the statement was a reaction to a number of comments that had come before it. In this case, at least you were soliciting for thumbs for someone else. Which is a whole lot better than soliciting for oneself.post #76092 of 787214/22/14 at 9:09am
Change the rules on the 20+ thread. Make it your own thread or something. There are many reasons why a post could get 20+ thumbs up and it may not necessarily be based SOLELY on the fit itself. How about going thru a week worth of WAYWRN pix and picking YOUR OWN top 5 favourite fits?post #76093 of 787214/22/14 at 9:09ampost #76094 of 787214/22/14 at 9:11amThat makes sense. I didn't think I was overly critical.
I just don't click the thumbs up button for fit pics that are nothing more than applying rudimentary knowledge acquired from this site.
Don't get me wrong - they're fine outfits. But I was hoping a thread like that would get 1 picture per week, if that. Like a true best of the best.
I think it's far from that. I think it's a combination of auto-thumbs for certain posters and thumbs as encouragement for people who are improving.post #76095 of 787214/22/14 at 9:11amQuote:The issue is not with colors but more with scale and proportions. He is wearing a very nice FU shirt with a tall spread collar (which I love) and bold patterns; and a jacket that doesn't complement the look. That shirt and tie combo requires going big and bold or just go back to normal clags i.e. wearing a muted patterned shirt.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 1 minute ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: CDG Classic zip wallet black 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...