Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5069post #76021 of 787224/21/14 at 5:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #76022 of 787224/21/14 at 5:26pmpost #76023 of 787224/21/14 at 5:38pmpost #76024 of 787224/21/14 at 5:40pmpost #76025 of 787224/21/14 at 5:46pmpost #76026 of 787224/21/14 at 5:50pmQuote:
Agreed. I wore this on the way home. I only had two clean shirts left. I think this was the better choice.
This is the cheapest shirt like this I could find at $55. It could be slimmer in the waist though.post #76027 of 787224/21/14 at 6:06pmpost #76028 of 787224/21/14 at 6:18pmpost #76029 of 787224/21/14 at 6:29pm
Manton would agree with me...perhaps you should refer to his thread on CBD before you comment. This also comes from years of experience in a highly conservative professional business environment.
Rule was not made up.
a real CBD fit entails no dimplespost #76030 of 787224/21/14 at 6:50pmpost #76031 of 787224/21/14 at 6:51pmpost #76032 of 787224/21/14 at 6:55pmpost #76033 of 787224/21/14 at 7:02pmpost #76034 of 787224/21/14 at 7:07pm
It's me "cutting loose" while remaining within my comfort zone. Something Holdfast said (twice) struck a chord.
I think I've become a skilled dresser over the last year or so. But also safe, as HF has pointed out many of the skilled dressers currently posting on WAYRN have become. A few months ago, when selecting some of his favorite fits, HF selected one of mine, commenting that he liked it because it appeared I was having a bit more fun with the picture and outfit than I normally do.
So I've decided to occassionally make the effirt to dress just at the edges--but within--my very narrow comfort zone. That a brown and white checked shirt combined with a brown and tan neat should represent that indicates just how narrow my zone may be.
Edited by Claghorn - 4/21/14 at 7:41pmpost #76035 of 787224/21/14 at 7:24pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Australian Members 44 seconds ago
- › Mt. Rainier Design Down Compass Jacket 55 seconds ago
- › Jack Erwin Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 3 minutes ago
- › Wanted: Margaret Howell MHL Rolled Edge Jumper Shetland Wool (AW14)... 4 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Indochino, Proper Cloth and Natty Shirts - all 3 screwed up... 6 minutes ago
- › Wanted: Margaret Howell MHL PVC Jacket Size Small/Medium 8 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...