I think one can appreciate without trying to emulate.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5069post #76021 of 787214/21/14 at 5:26pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #76022 of 787214/21/14 at 5:38pmpost #76023 of 787214/21/14 at 5:40pmpost #76024 of 787214/21/14 at 5:46pmpost #76025 of 787214/21/14 at 5:50pmQuote:
Agreed. I wore this on the way home. I only had two clean shirts left. I think this was the better choice.
This is the cheapest shirt like this I could find at $55. It could be slimmer in the waist though.post #76026 of 787214/21/14 at 6:06pmpost #76027 of 787214/21/14 at 6:18pmpost #76028 of 787214/21/14 at 6:29pm
Manton would agree with me...perhaps you should refer to his thread on CBD before you comment. This also comes from years of experience in a highly conservative professional business environment.
Rule was not made up.
a real CBD fit entails no dimplespost #76029 of 787214/21/14 at 6:50pmpost #76030 of 787214/21/14 at 6:51pmpost #76031 of 787214/21/14 at 6:55pmpost #76032 of 787214/21/14 at 7:02pmpost #76033 of 787214/21/14 at 7:07pm
It's me "cutting loose" while remaining within my comfort zone. Something Holdfast said (twice) struck a chord.
I think I've become a skilled dresser over the last year or so. But also safe, as HF has pointed out many of the skilled dressers currently posting on WAYRN have become. A few months ago, when selecting some of his favorite fits, HF selected one of mine, commenting that he liked it because it appeared I was having a bit more fun with the picture and outfit than I normally do.
So I've decided to occassionally make the effirt to dress just at the edges--but within--my very narrow comfort zone. That a brown and white checked shirt combined with a brown and tan neat should represent that indicates just how narrow my zone may be.
Edited by Claghorn - 4/21/14 at 7:41pmpost #76034 of 787214/21/14 at 7:24pmpost #76035 of 787214/21/14 at 7:28pmQuote:
Manton wears CBD
Manton uses dimples.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Eidos Napoli 15 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 27 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 53 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 2 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › BNIB Swims Galoshes OVERSHOES size XL Orange 3 minutes ago
- › Hober, Brioni, Charvet ties 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...