Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5062post #75916 of 787174/20/14 at 1:19pmpost #75917 of 787174/20/14 at 1:28pmpost #75918 of 787174/20/14 at 1:54pmpost #75919 of 787174/20/14 at 1:57pmQuote:
Thanks for the encouragement. I just had my camera repaired and wow, so much better than a camera-phone but I agree that better lighting is an absolute must. Will be posting a few recent acquisitions up soon so I'll make sure the lighting is better.
Edited by BriceT1000 - 4/20/14 at 2:40pmpost #75920 of 787174/20/14 at 2:37pmpost #75921 of 787174/20/14 at 3:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Coxsackie
You know, this is damn close to being an outstanding fit, but yeah, the shirt is still wrong. As an exercise, may I suggest that you try a few different shirts out with this tie and jacket, just for yourself? It's a challenging tie but I have a feeling that if you nail the shirt, the resulting combo could be really rather special.
Oh, and then if you can find a pocket square that fits the ensemble without detracting from the inherent excellence of the tie, you might just propel this into the stratosphere.
Sadly, I think I'm outgrowing the jacket. It's a pity since it's such a nice one.post #75922 of 787174/20/14 at 5:18pmpost #75923 of 787174/20/14 at 5:35pmpost #75924 of 787174/20/14 at 6:48pmHappy Easter! Great fits today, gentlemen. We went to the cathedral, largely for the amazing music, and it did not disappoint.
Decided to go Fred Astaire for mass. The archbishop quite liked it.
Swapped out the tails with my navy db for brunch with the family:
Edit: Fixed the picture size.
Edited by ImTheGroom - 4/20/14 at 8:13pmpost #75925 of 787174/20/14 at 6:54pmpost #75926 of 787174/20/14 at 7:12pmQuote:
You win Style Forum for Easter Sunday. Hands down!post #75927 of 787174/20/14 at 8:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Coxsackie
I second that sentiment. I don't think it's any accident that Shoe Artist has posted three or four fits in a row which seriously push the envelope of classic style, and yet none of them have screamed "fail".
Good colour and texture coordination, and rather than just tweaking the slider between City Boy and Landed Gentry, he's striking out along a perpendicular axis of RockStar/Grunge. Some might say that dimension belongs more to SWD, but personally I think it's high time it was recognised as being part of Classic Style.
Of course, that makes everything more difficult. But hey, life wasn't meant to be easy. Right?Dressing like a pirate is Classic Style? u smokin crack?post #75928 of 787174/20/14 at 8:29pmpost #75929 of 787174/20/14 at 8:31pmpost #75930 of 787174/20/14 at 8:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Day 8: Boston, MA JFK Memorial Library, Newbury St, Dinner at Grotto Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You were in the hood! I went to work for a few hours just a few minutes walk from Grotto. I went there for restaurant week and quite liked the food!
Get anything on newbury? Trident is one of my favorite coffee shops and is right at the start of the street near hynes.
How was the Boston part of your trip? Are you sticking around for the marathon tomorrow?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 seconds ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...