Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 1:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5051post #75751 of 787174/17/14 at 2:38pmpost #75752 of 787174/17/14 at 2:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
Yeah, kinda. Custom selvedge jeans were only $70 at Luxire, and I felt like playing around with the concept of formality. Not entirely a successful experiment, but it was fun nonetheless. I don't wear the jeans often, and never with a jacket and tie, but when I wear them it's usually with a long sleeve polo and loafers.
Should have gone for pleats.
I have never known pB to be wrong, though I disagree with him about lightweight flannel.post #75753 of 787174/17/14 at 2:41pmpost #75754 of 787174/17/14 at 2:43pmpost #75755 of 787174/17/14 at 2:47pmpost #75756 of 787174/17/14 at 2:49pmpost #75757 of 787174/17/14 at 2:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Perhaps you can't, but I can. The black and white conversion is only useful when the colors are also similar. Imagine a bright green jacket with bright red pants. Plenty of contrast, but converted to black and white, little differentiation. In the color photo, the jacket and pants are clearly different to my eye, and that's sufficient contrast in my opinion.
Contrast is always a matter of degree, of course, which is why I was at great pains to present the observation as a personal preference, not a statement of principle.
I think distance can matter, too: dark/light often remain distinguishable at distances where patterns are not.
I'm not arguing, just discussing.
Acpost #75758 of 787174/17/14 at 2:57pmpost #75759 of 787174/17/14 at 3:10pmpost #75760 of 787174/17/14 at 3:11pmQuote:
The British are coming!
I was wondering whether someone would think of going with a hacking/shooting/Norfolk-inspired jacket for the FC. Other factors being equal, I think they have the potential to bridge the relevant gap a bit more naturally than most modern sport coats.
Acpost #75761 of 787174/17/14 at 3:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by ianGP
Venturing outside my usual... My first crazy pants:
IanGP's "crazy pents" fit, spoilered in consideration of epileptics (Click to show)
Sorry everyone, and sorry IanGP, but I just can't fathom how this particular train wreck got 24 thumbs. Were you on your way to a clown convention?
Normally I really like your fits. But this one looks like someone decided to photoshop a Mandelbrot Set onto a pair of plain chinos.
I dunno. Suppose it's just me.post #75762 of 787174/17/14 at 3:40pmpost #75763 of 787174/17/14 at 3:45pmpost #75764 of 787174/17/14 at 3:55pmpost #75765 of 787174/17/14 at 4:04pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › Whites Semi Dress Size 7D For Sale 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 31 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 34 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 42 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 45 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 52 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...