@SeaJen Like that combo, like the tie especially, colour works for me. Similar shades there too it's picking up
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5048post #75706 of 787224/17/14 at 8:15am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #75707 of 787224/17/14 at 9:19ampost #75708 of 787224/17/14 at 9:21ampost #75709 of 787224/17/14 at 9:27amQuote:
The tie, though the entire method of judging a tie could be debatable, is subjective. Clag wears lighter ties a lot. It's his thing. It looks good.
The jacket sleeves thing, it's not a fit pic. Could be the way he's standing. I never judge that unless someone is asking me to.
As far as the length of the jacket, I WOULD be inclined to agree but I know Clag likes his stuff a certain way, like button stance a bit high, and etc. And as Booth said, length is a funny thing.
Overall, I'd say he looks great. I'd call him a well dressed son of a bitch any day.post #75710 of 787224/17/14 at 9:40am
For Butler's trainwreck challenge:
PS. switching right to the other end of the formality spectrum, and indulging in a little light shilling, if any 36R/36S wants a great tux from Ede & Ravenscroft, I've just listed one for sale in B&S.post #75711 of 787224/17/14 at 9:41ampost #75712 of 787224/17/14 at 9:43am
@DonCologne You appear to have really dialed-in the style you prefer. I have a question, though. Are you naturally very square shouldered, or do you prefer very structured shoulders? I know that the vintage Oxxford suits you like are often that way, but I think a softer, more sloped and more natural shoulder would look good on you.post #75713 of 787224/17/14 at 9:52amQuote:Originally Posted by SeaJen
@DonCologne You appear to have really dialed-in the style you prefer. I have a question, though. Are you naturally very square shouldered, or do you prefer very structured shoulders? I know that the vintage Oxxford suits you like are often that way, but I think a softer, more sloped and more natural shoulder would look good on you.
I have both very structured shoulders (The whole Oxxford stuff and I think the american sack cut is good for people with a little bit more on the hips) and softer ones (Some sports coats and suits from Corneliani, Caruso, Zegna which fits also well).post #75714 of 787224/17/14 at 9:57amQuote:Originally Posted by theberg510
Hopefully todays jacket fits even a little better. If not I may just have to become a nudist hermit, take a vow of silence and survive only on juniper berries
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
shoulder, chest and collar (no collar gap) seems ok but I think you could benefit from wider lapels.
It seems the jacket is a little bit to tight in the waist, because the lapels makes a small "O" instead of the "V" it should.post #75715 of 787224/17/14 at 9:59ampost #75716 of 787224/17/14 at 10:00ampost #75717 of 787224/17/14 at 10:03ampost #75718 of 787224/17/14 at 10:03ampost #75719 of 787224/17/14 at 10:04ampost #75720 of 787224/17/14 at 10:05amQuote:Originally Posted by ianGP
Venturing outside my usual... My first crazy pants:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I really like what you are trying here, but those pants strike me as VERY country. I think everything needs to go that direction a notch to match (the jacket feels like it's there however).
Shoes: I would go to a blucher in pebble grain.
Tie: Something with some texture, this one feels too smooth to me.
Shirt: This really needs to be a plain oxford IMO preferably a rough mottled blue one
I really like your effort here. Please keep trying.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Are Extremely Low Fat Diets Good For Building Muscle? 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 23 minutes ago
- › IC: TOJ MDR (46ish) 27 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 29 minutes ago
- › Happy Holidays!!!! 32 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 34 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 38 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...