Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5048post #75706 of 787214/17/14 at 9:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #75707 of 787214/17/14 at 9:21ampost #75708 of 787214/17/14 at 9:27amQuote:
The tie, though the entire method of judging a tie could be debatable, is subjective. Clag wears lighter ties a lot. It's his thing. It looks good.
The jacket sleeves thing, it's not a fit pic. Could be the way he's standing. I never judge that unless someone is asking me to.
As far as the length of the jacket, I WOULD be inclined to agree but I know Clag likes his stuff a certain way, like button stance a bit high, and etc. And as Booth said, length is a funny thing.
Overall, I'd say he looks great. I'd call him a well dressed son of a bitch any day.post #75709 of 787214/17/14 at 9:40am
For Butler's trainwreck challenge:
PS. switching right to the other end of the formality spectrum, and indulging in a little light shilling, if any 36R/36S wants a great tux from Ede & Ravenscroft, I've just listed one for sale in B&S.post #75710 of 787214/17/14 at 9:41ampost #75711 of 787214/17/14 at 9:43am
@DonCologne You appear to have really dialed-in the style you prefer. I have a question, though. Are you naturally very square shouldered, or do you prefer very structured shoulders? I know that the vintage Oxxford suits you like are often that way, but I think a softer, more sloped and more natural shoulder would look good on you.post #75712 of 787214/17/14 at 9:52amQuote:Originally Posted by SeaJen
@DonCologne You appear to have really dialed-in the style you prefer. I have a question, though. Are you naturally very square shouldered, or do you prefer very structured shoulders? I know that the vintage Oxxford suits you like are often that way, but I think a softer, more sloped and more natural shoulder would look good on you.
I have both very structured shoulders (The whole Oxxford stuff and I think the american sack cut is good for people with a little bit more on the hips) and softer ones (Some sports coats and suits from Corneliani, Caruso, Zegna which fits also well).post #75713 of 787214/17/14 at 9:57amQuote:Originally Posted by theberg510
Hopefully todays jacket fits even a little better. If not I may just have to become a nudist hermit, take a vow of silence and survive only on juniper berries
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
shoulder, chest and collar (no collar gap) seems ok but I think you could benefit from wider lapels.
It seems the jacket is a little bit to tight in the waist, because the lapels makes a small "O" instead of the "V" it should.post #75714 of 787214/17/14 at 9:59ampost #75715 of 787214/17/14 at 10:00ampost #75716 of 787214/17/14 at 10:03ampost #75717 of 787214/17/14 at 10:03ampost #75718 of 787214/17/14 at 10:04ampost #75719 of 787214/17/14 at 10:05amQuote:Originally Posted by ianGP
Venturing outside my usual... My first crazy pants:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I really like what you are trying here, but those pants strike me as VERY country. I think everything needs to go that direction a notch to match (the jacket feels like it's there however).
Shoes: I would go to a blucher in pebble grain.
Tie: Something with some texture, this one feels too smooth to me.
Shirt: This really needs to be a plain oxford IMO preferably a rough mottled blue one
I really like your effort here. Please keep trying.post #75720 of 787214/17/14 at 10:08amQuote:
I have no clue who you are, but I would like you to keep posting.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 23 seconds ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 41 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 50 seconds ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › BNIB Carmina Burgundy Shell Cordovan Austerity Boot 8UK 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Teacher Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...