Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 5045post #75661 of 787224/17/14 at 2:26am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #75662 of 787224/17/14 at 3:56am
AAS, just refer back to my fit from two pages back for an example of shoes that can stand up to a bit of rain. C&J Exmoors with storm-welted Dainite soles. Built like a brick shithouse.
You know, it does nothing but rain in England, and there are puddles everywhere. (Even the word "puddle" is quintessentially English.) So of course, if you want a shoe that can resist a spot of poor weather, you simply have to go British.
I also have a pair of Loake 1888 Bedales which I will trot out for inclement weather. Not exactly dress footwear though.post #75663 of 787224/17/14 at 4:42ampost #75664 of 787224/17/14 at 5:30ampost #75665 of 787224/17/14 at 5:48amI give thumbs up based on how you look and don't give rats as to who you are. I am a regular fan of Claghorn but I just don't give him thumbs up. If he wore that white shirt/purple tie combo everyday, then I will never give him another thumbs up. And Stitchie? Heck, even my wife complimented on his pants when we were meeting him. That made me extremely jealouspost #75666 of 787224/17/14 at 6:02ampost #75667 of 787224/17/14 at 6:05ampost #75668 of 787224/17/14 at 6:10ampost #75669 of 787224/17/14 at 6:12ampost #75670 of 787224/17/14 at 6:32amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Back to normal. About as straightforward as I get.
I don't like the tie. Your jacket sleeves are uneven and a tad bit long and the length of the jacket is short.post #75671 of 787224/17/14 at 6:47amHis left shoulder is slightly more forward than his right - not at natural rest. None of these types of fit pics can ever really tell you sleeves are slightly uneven or other similar minor fit issues.
That said, I also dislike the tie. Ha.post #75672 of 787224/17/14 at 6:51am
Instead of just giving thumbs up and just moving forward, I wanted to nitpick. Don't get me wrong, Clag's bad day is better than my best day so I am not trying to bash him or have any ill intentions. Just want this thread to be more productive. Maybe I shot myself in the foot by nitpicking on one of the best dressers in WAYWRN.post #75673 of 787224/17/14 at 6:57ampost #75674 of 787224/17/14 at 7:02amThe shirt and tie and too "business" for a sport coat. Also, some might say that you shouldn't wear braces with a sport coat either. I agree seeing a belt just looks more right with a casual outfit. Also, I personally hate seeing belt loops if you are wearing braces.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 21 minutes ago
- › Visvim Elmendorf A2 replica black XL 24 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 31 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 34 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...